Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:21 AM
Default Invalid File when updating.
Hi i am pretty sure that i have completly deleted all of the sims 3 files. I have deleted Registry, Program files, and My documents. After i reinstall I am from scratch and when i try to update i get invalid file error. When i ran the sims 3 patch log viewer it shows me a file

\game\bin\StaticPages\CZE_CZ\Availableupdates.html

and it says go on to original disk to find it. Well when i go into the staticpages folder of my cd this folder doesnt even exsist on it. So know i have a folder that is not even exsistant on the CD. I even just tried to make the folder up myself and use the availableupdates.html from one of those and it didn't work either so know i on an empty road going nowhere.

Any help is thankful.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:24 AM
You are either using the wrong regional patch, or you are using a pirated version.

If you are using the wrong region patch(and it is for some reason patching anyway...), it's trying to load files that arent there because your game is not that region. The UK version has a ton of language files(CZE is Czech or something) and the US version only has 3 (SPA, FRE, and ENG)

If it is looking for foreign language files that arent on the disc, the disc and patch are two different regions. Make sure the patch you are using ends in the same number as the patch you already have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
ok that is the reason i had downloaded the worldwide patch because i didn't want to download ea manager because i heard it had problems.

Ok thank you it worked i had downloaded the region 2 version because it was downloading faster than the region 1 and i had thought that it wouldn't matter because it said world wide patch but it does matter so i am thankful for the help.