Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default help patch not working
i am not sure what to do i have all of the sims 3 games however can't really play them.
i have installed sims 3 original and didn't patch it and it worked fine. but if i update it, it stop working and the moment a sims tries to do anything it closes to the desktop without saying any error message.
then when i start putting the other games on it saying i must patch to contine and they still don't work so i must say this is looking as it is the patches fault.
my system is deffinately ok to run the game.
i have a dual core 2.3ghz processer
4gb of ram
and 2GB of dedicated graphics memory
vista home premium
and about 10GB spare HDD on top of the installations
Please can anyone help
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.

If it is not specifically asked, please provide the Quick summary only.

• Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.

Most likely a drivers issue. So, let's check for that first.

The base game played fine with no lagging before? Disc or Digital versions for all the games?

Can I ask that you uninstall one more time, and we start over on a clean slate to troubleshoot?
That includes EADM.
If all games are disc versions, skip EADM by choosing Custom Install during the installation process.

After uninstalling, just install base game and load it vanilla with no CC or save games - post back here with status of that and the specs and we'll proceed from there.