Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:51 PM
Default Glitch? My sims can't sleep..
Nor can they change into their pyama's..
This was supposed to be their second night sleep, they did fine the first night.
This started after one of the sims started his career as a ghostbuster and the other one became an independant painter.

Has anyone experienced this? Fixed this?
Can't find anything about it on google, sadly.

My game is legit, btw.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:20 PM
I've never heard of that one before. The only thing I can think of, is that you (or the game) have blocked the way to the bed so badly that they don't even recognise it anymore. Will they nap on a couch? Can you get them to change into pj's by way of a dresser (put on the lawn or somewhere else that you know your sims can path to?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:26 PM
I've tried moving the bed, they can't change into pyama's by using the dresser.
They can use their beds to nap on, but if an other Sims even tries to sleep on it while the other one naps, the napping sims will appear standing up next to the bed.
I've also tried changing the beds and moving them to other locations in the house, or doing all the laundry because I thought maybe they've got no clean pyama's or something..

I've gone back to one of my save games and no problems so far, but I'll be seriously upset if this family 've built from scratch will crash too..
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:40 PM
Very odd. If it happens again, try selecting a second set of pjs. It could be that the game isn't recognising the ones they have, which is why they can nap but not sleep.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:13 AM
Or you can try resetting your Sim with the resetsim cheat. Never know what you might accomplish. Or try selling your bed and buying a new one. Has anyone else in your neighborhood been able to sleep? Try inviting someone to stay the night and see if they steal your bed.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM
Resetsim is the cheatcode? Might try that..
I've set another sims on the ghostbuster career, and now notice that that has been acting strange as well, since I couldn't get him to go to work by clicking on a haunting, I had to get him to visit instead and then bust ghosts whiel visiting..
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:40 PM
Are you using any mods (such as woohoo mods?)

Take them out and try again.

I've had this problem before - it's bad CC/mods. Something that conflicts with AMB.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:14 PM
I also ran into this problem. When I left the military career and joined the inventing career my Sim would no longer sleep in his bed. Instead when he went to sleep he would end up at the base of the bed almost immediately. I could still nap on the bed and when I checked the dresser I did not find any clothes for sleeping in so I went and got a makeover from the stylists. After my makeover I had sleepwear and was able to sleep in the bed again. It looks like what happened is that when I got my new job my sleepwear did not transfer over to my Sim and could no longer change into the proper clothes for my Sim to sleep. That is why I could nap above the covers but not sleep in my bed. I hope this helps.
Alchemist
#9 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
Are you using any mods (such as woohoo mods?)

Take them out and try again.

I've had this problem before - it's bad CC/mods. Something that conflicts with AMB.

That would totally be my guess
Inventor
#10 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
That would totally be my guess

It's not a mod problem. I ran into this one day playing a premade sim family in twinbrook (the Baker family). The adult son his second sim day could not sleep. It was greyed out. I exited the game without saving and reloaded and the problem was gone. I save frequently, so that wasn't the problem, either. But I was glad I was able to reset it without too much of a headache over this issue.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 8:08 PM
Hi, i have the sleeping bug too, but i've kind of found a solution, wait for the blue "sleepy" moodlet for your sim, and then click on the moodlet NOT the bed. Your sim should now go to bed without popping out to the side or to the front of the bed. Hope i helped

- Enitoni