Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 8:50 PM
Default "Single player" Sims
Hi there - I bought the sims 3 about a month ago, and while I've been having a ton of fun with it, I just started going into the world of mods to spice things up a little

Anyway, I've been searching, but couldn't find anything - Is there any sort of mod out there that allows only one sim to be playable? Even if my sim get's married, has a child etc...

One could argue that I need only not select the other sims, but unfortunately, even with highest possible setting of autonomy they will only eat when almost starving, sleep when almost faiting, and more importantly, won't really get a job or focus on getting better at skills etc...

Was looking for something more along the lines of how the AI manages the other "A.I" households.

Thanks for any information on this.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 12:00 AM
as far as i'm aware, no mod exists that will enable sims to autonomously find jobs or spouses like you want. but, on a side note, my sims fill their needs pretty regular. in fact, there needs rarely go in the red when left to their own devices.

annie
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn
as far as i'm aware, no mod exists that will enable sims to autonomously find jobs or spouses like you want.

If you apply the "Make me an NPC" flag to a sim in the active family (using a mod such as DebugEnabler), StoryProgression mod will progress them in the same manner as other inactives.

However, being as StoryProgression is mostly a simulation, you probably won't receive the seamless effect you are looking for.

Anywho, both mods noted are available via the link in my signature.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
If you apply the "Make me an NPC" flag to a sim in the active family (using a mod such as DebugEnabler), StoryProgression mod will progress them in the same manner as other inactives.

However, being as StoryProgression is mostly a simulation, you probably won't receive the seamless effect you are looking for.

Anywho, both mods noted are available via the link in my signature.

Cheers.

Appreciate it

I'll be trying that.