Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Help required
I've got me a heavily modded game... I know that 1.26 broke a lot of mods. I'm trying to track down one mod that is causing a very bad issue in game. When making a sim, I can't give them a lifetime wish. The 5 wishes the game gives you do pick from are all blank and when I click the button to pick a wish... it's all blank! I've been searching through my mods to try and find one that seems like it could be doing that, but after looking all day yesterday, I have no clue what mod is doing this. The only thing I know for certain is that it isn't awesome. I had to remove it until the update was finished.

Anyone seen anything like this or know a mod that effects lifetime wishes? Most of my non-clothes, non-lots, non-object mods are from here. I also use several of the Nraas mods, but if it's one of his, nobody else on his forums are reporting this problem.. that I seen.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
I've got me a heavily modded game... I know that 1.26 broke a lot of mods. I'm trying to track down one mod that is causing a very bad issue in game. When making a sim, I can't give them a lifetime wish. The 5 wishes the game gives you do pick from are all blank and when I click the button to pick a wish... it's all blank! I've been searching through my mods to try and find one that seems like it could be doing that, but after looking all day yesterday, I have no clue what mod is doing this. The only thing I know for certain is that it isn't awesome. I had to remove it until the update was finished.

Anyone seen anything like this or know a mod that effects lifetime wishes? Most of my non-clothes, non-lots, non-object mods are from here. I also use several of the Nraas mods, but if it's one of his, nobody else on his forums are reporting this problem.. that I seen.

Really the only way to sort out something like this is to take all your mods out, confirm that the issue is fixed, and then start putting em back until you find the culprit. The most efficient way is to use the 50% method, explained (along with some other good advice) here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

This sort of issue should be posted in the Game Help forum btw Moving this there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:43 AM
Sorry about that, most have missed the folder. So got that problem fixed YAY! Ofcourse in the process of removing all the mods and putting them back in the saved sim bin broke and now that shows nothing (I know it was working before, the sim I made when the wish problem was found used one of the saved sims as a base). I'm clueless to how that broke because I didn't add anything new, just moved out all the mods and moved them back in except for the 1 that was breaking the wishes. I'm really frustrated right now, obviously. Least I'll have something to work on after work! LOL
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 4:27 AM
I'm having the lifetime wish problem with my game, so I'm guessing it's due to a similar mod. I'm going to start the process of sorting through what few mods I left in (though they're all minor and have never caused problems with new EPs before). Just for general knowledge, do you recall which mod was causing the problem? It might save someone quite a bit of pain later.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 12:57 PM Last edited by tilarium : 20th Oct 2011 at 1:52 PM.
I found that Sim Dreamers Rich and Famous mod was the one causing me to not get any wishes. If you don't have that one, what I did was remove all the mods, load the game to make sure it was working. After that I started moving them back in, first I moved in half (I had 139 files in my packages folder), checked the game, moved in half of what was left, checked, finally got near the end and it stopped so I knew the mod that was the problem was in that batch. Wasn't hard to figure out which one it was when I had only 16 mods to look at.

The problem with the saved sim bin is that weird, because it worked with all of the mods before. Going to do the same thing, moving in and out until I get it.

Or first I'll think for a few minutes and remember that I installed the new awesome this morning. Sure enough, that was the problem. DLed the newer new awesome version and going to see if that did the trick.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:57 PM
I deleted my mods and now my lifetime wishes work...
but I only had no intro, no sparkles, and no memories mods...
The no memories mod was updated for pets and I don't see how the other two mods deal with lifetime wishes... so weird..
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:01 AM
I limited my problem to a set of adjustable mirrors/shelves/curtains by Gelydh that were default replacements, deeply buried within one of my combined packages. Either that or the no sparkles and no memories mods were responsible. With the update to the no memories mod, perhaps we only need to recreate our original mods with the tool from scratch? Anyway, my game is working now, so I'm happy.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:21 AM
Some mods need 2 loading times to clear remnants properly, kristie91. Perhaps that's why the next time you load, the LTWish reappear, not that the 3 mods had anything to do with it, just a coincidence.

Adjustable objects caused LTWish to disappear, airstyle? Or, do you mean correct the glitch in your case?
And this "With the update to the no memories mod, perhaps we only need to recreate our original mods with the tool from scratch" would be best, so you move forward knowing everything is current (at this time), well until next patch-cycle that is.

tilarium, if you're using AM, the best practice is to update the mod before each gameplay to ensure you have the latest, as Pes makes frequent changes and don't generally advertise new versions. Especially in this beta testing stage right after a new patch & EP release