Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 17th Sep 2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Updated with summary info from thread
Default Turn Off Zombies
Following Aeval's suggestion, making a thread about how to turn off zombies, since that seems to be the most common concern about SPN.

Edited: summarizing the various mods that can prevent full moon zombie spawning here. They won't remove zombies already in your world (but there's a cheat for that). There's much more info on zombie management, bugs, and solutions in the remainder of the thread.

These mods all modify LunarCycleManager, so they conflict with each other. They are not identical, so read the descriptions and pick your (zombie) poison.

blugenjutsu at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum (registration required): http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-the-zombies/
Misshissy at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486331
Cameranutz at Sims Crossing: http://www.simscrossing.net/smf/index.php?topic=898 (also has flavors to reduce or increase zombies)
Personcalledjoy at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486695 (2 flavors which differ on how transmission from existing zombies is handled)

Please let me know if I missed any
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:32 PM
Thanks! At first I was excited about the prospect of zombies, but I think waking my witch up in the middle of the night all the time to turn them into toads to prevent them from destroying my garden is going to get old fast.
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 8:20 PM

I'm sure there will be other mods in the future, so it will be nice to have them all in one place.

I still have not seen a single friggin' zombie! I'm sure I have had several full moons by now and not so much as a stray ear or finger. Not a single plant touched. I have, of course, been overrun by wild horses. WTF? Is it just me? Is it just because I hate the stupid things so much that they won't leave me alone?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:47 PM
No Zombies with Blue's mod which is nice, that is one thing I wanted to avoid. I mainly got it for the fairies.
Inventor
#5 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:44 AM
@aeval99, I think I read over at Twallan's site that his SP mod is stopping the zombies from spawning and he is working on fixing that. That could be why some people aren't seeing any zombies in their game, yet.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:08 AM
There's a section under the normal EA game options for disabling each occult type. Is Zombie not one of the possibilities listed there?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:09 AM
So Blu, you get lots of thank yous, including mine, for providing the ability to eliminate unwanted zombies, while Twallan is getting beat up for eliminating wanted zombies? The sims community is an odd world.
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
@aeval99, I think I read over at Twallan's site that his SP mod is stopping the zombies from spawning and he is working on fixing that. That could be why some people aren't seeing any zombies in their game, yet.

I'm using Twallan's SP and I do have zombies. Not a horrid amount, but still more than I'd like. I'm thinking of putting your mod in, as I like gardening.
Thank you for making it!
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:38 AM
@eskie, I'm just going by what is posted at his wiki: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message...terbox/56126636. It's the feature for deleting Homeless sims that is doing it. You're welcome, eskie and applefeather!

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
There's a section under the normal EA game options for disabling each occult type. Is Zombie not one of the possibilities listed there?
No, it isn't.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
No, it isn't.

Yeah, and it's kind of incomprehensible... since the way they're implemented, zombies really are very obtrusive, whether or not you are a fan of zombies in general.

I am wondering if they're performing as intended, anyway, since they spawned in great numbers on the full moon as expected, but there was never any reduction in numbers after that. I thought zombification was supposed to time out, by default (and those affected revert to normal).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:33 AM
I'm gonna need this cuz I have zombies showing up in the day time too....when the full moon is very far away
Scholar
#13 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:38 AM Last edited by aeval99 : 7th Sep 2012 at 4:30 PM.
It's just occurred to me that you probably have to have story progression turned on to get zombies? I'm undecided as to which SP mod I want to play, so I just have it off for the moment. I don't ever seem to get a full moon either. I've been messing around with the settings and I've had waning moons, waxing moons, half moons, new moons, but I don't recall ever having a full moon.

EDITED to add: No, you don't need SP on to get zombies. I finally got a full moon and a few zombies to go with it (and 3 horses and an ice-cream truck...thought they fixed that). It looks like the lunar cycle needs some extended play to run through its possibilities. I had been opening and closing the game a lot while I was moving back and testing all my cc/mods.

They are pretty neat but I can certainly see why you wouldn't want them all the time. It did give my witches a change to practice some magic. I set one zombie on fire and then toadified him; he ran away and took off in his limo Another, my pea shooter took care of, and a third was blasted with ice, hit with the haunted spell (which produced a ghost) and then went home when it got light.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:30 AM
I wish the zombies weren't so over the top, they seemed cool. But at least 3 spawn outside of my house every night and I can't go anywhere at night without zombies swarming.

Such a cool idea, such a bad implementation.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Forum Resident
#15 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:05 AM
I haven't seen a Zombie yet and I'm using Twallan's mods. However, when I was complaining to my Husband about it my 4 year old said he'd seen one and it was eating a pear in the back yard.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 9:25 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 7th Sep 2012 at 7:14 PM.
The annoying thing is when they pull out a boombox and start dancing :/

Also, the fairy zombies are immune to "toadification"... although that does work on the others

My witch looking disapprovingly at a zombie fairy (zomry?) after failing to turn him into a toad:

Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:00 AM
This question may seem really daft, but can you interact with zombies? One came up to my sims house, and no interactions showed up when I tried clicking on it. I haven't met another zombie since to try again.

If there is no interaction, I'm going to be all over this mod.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:26 AM
I've had the same problem.. Zombies showing up on non-full moon nights AND days.. :/ Don't understand why zombies are showing up at like 1:00pm in the afternoon in my game...

What's really weird.. I'm using Sunlit Tides atm, with a new family.. so perhaps the island is short on inhabitants, but I've had both my active family sims show up as papparazzi and zombies... :/

I'm not using any SP mods.. just NRass MC and the MC Cheats module.. On a positive note, the pea shooters 9.5 out of 10 times zap the zombies...

It is weird to see Zombies playing basketball, or golfing, or trying to give my active sim household members a massage...

Any idea(s) why this is happening, or is it just typical bad EA coding?

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:04 PM
For those who would prefer retaining zombies, there is a mod here which uses the Moodlet Manager reward item to kill zombies by fire, or cure them, whichever is preferred.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...killer-or-cure/

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#20 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:43 PM
According to This Sims blog, there is a way to get rid of any type of occult, including zombies, through some new testingcheatsenabled functions. Haven't done it myself, so I don't know if it keeps them away permanately or it's just a once and done sweep. Still sounds like the mod is the better way to go, though.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#21 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:28 PM Last edited by babele44 : 7th Sep 2012 at 2:42 PM.
Those who have zombies during the day, did these spawn in daylight or are these "full moon night zombies" that remained active after 6am?
I'm asking because I think I found one reason why there might be zombies during the day:
Usually zombies that spawn during a full moon are healed as soon as the sun rises (6am in Sunset Valley). If, however, you save during the full moon and reload with some zombies around, the lunar cycle resets to something before or after full moon and then turns these zombies into a different breed, i.e. those under a zombification spell which then lasts for 2 days.

I tried this with several saves and I think this issue is reproducible.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:34 PM
My last Zombie spawned right in the middle of the day. Came right out of the ground, right under my fairy. Thankfully he noticed it and went into the house on his own. x_x
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 4:10 PM
Lol...I was reading this thread and the picture above just randomly loaded and actually startled me.
But anyway...what seems to be the issue with the Zombies? Do people just not like Zombies? Or is it too many of them? Are they harmful?
I see they'll eat your garden, but is that pretty much all they do?
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:05 PM
Way too many zombies, so had hoped you could turn them off. And the ones I have in my game, is attacing my sims. And show up on any time of the day.
Scholar
#25 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mswilson2007
Lol...I was reading this thread and the picture above just randomly loaded and actually startled me.
But anyway...what seems to be the issue with the Zombies? Do people just not like Zombies? Or is it too many of them? Are they harmful?
I see they'll eat your garden, but is that pretty much all they do?

I don't actually own the EP, but I do know that there is a 'bite' interaction when can turn non-zombies into zombies. I'm not sure if it is interaction that the non-active zombies can use, though. If it is, that's a big problem.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 1 of 4