Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:46 AM
Default I'm not sure I like Supernatural...at all
I don't own the game myself but I've seen some gameplay. My personal opinion is that, besides the zombies, the game seems extremely bland. Most supernatural sims don't look different from other ones in ways that count. The difference between ethnicity is still nonexistent as well as species. Some problems can't be solved by slapping a different skin tone on a sim, they will always look like Northern European humans, even with the darkest skin possible. The gameplay isn't much different either. I love the supernatural ,mythology, and folklore, and really was hoping the expansion pack would kick butt. I'm extremely annoyed by this.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:05 AM
I've been reading posts on SN pretty closely, but only just finished my install this afternoon (things like work have a nasty habit of interfering with my playtime). Having said that, as I haven't fired up my first game yet, I still have no opinion on the gameplay, and won't for another day or so, after I've actually played it. I would be very careful about forming an opinion in the absence of personal experience. Furthermore, the goal of the EP was to bring mythological creatures into the game, not broaden the ethnicity of the sim population, so I fail to understand why that would be an issue for you.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:07 AM
So you don't own the game but say it's bland?

Maybe you should actually play it first. Just saying.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:07 AM
All the sims look the same. That's why it bothers me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:08 AM
The Sims 3 basegame/world aventures/ambitions was fine, honestly I loved it, but the gameplay I've seen didn't alter much to the overall game. It just seems like a waste of money to me.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:07 AM
If it seems like a waste of money, don't buy it. That's fine. I wouldn't go so far as to say you dislike the expansion you have yet to play. As for mythical creatures and ethnicity, I'm not really sure what the one has to do with the other. For the sims looking alike, you can use sliders to change how a sim looks. You can download ones that look different, try new skintones, etc. Sure, a slider alone doesn't change a sim's facial features but, again, that's what the sliders are for. Play around with them. The whole beauty of the game lies in the ability to customize it. The game, from my perspective, is supposed to be just this side of realistic to avoid alienating any one group while still being fantasy-based enough to be a, well, you know, -game-.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny
All the sims look the same.

How do you know if you haven't played the EP?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:20 AM
The Sims 3 basegame/world aventures/ambitions was fine, honestly I loved it, but the gameplay I've seen didn't alter much to the overall game. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

For me, those expansions you mentioned gets boring quickly, while expansions like Generations, Seasons and Supernaturals to me enhances the sims daily gameplay.

Honestly, I prefer the latter. The former (WA/Ambitions) might be fun at first, but honestly, I havent been sending any of my sims to vacations or assign them professions in a while now because its too tiring too play them all the time.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:20 AM
I don't own the game myself but I've seen some gameplay.

Do you actually play TS3? I seem to remember some posts from a while ago indicating you don't own it :O

Wouldn't expect you to like any of its EPs if you don't like the base gameplay enough to buy it
Alchemist
#10 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:24 AM
It's definitely not bland, even if you're not interested in supernaturals. It's not bland.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:47 AM
Team Jacob does not approve of this thread.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:18 AM
Well when it comes to the look of Sims, haven't we always depend on CC to acquire what we want in our games? I have since Sims 2 ( when I learned about CC) and now my Sims have different looks that makes each one unique. Thank goodness for the modders and creators.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:12 AM
The funniest thing is she said Zombies was the best part of this expansion when to me, its the most boring creature, after Werewolves. LOL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:03 PM
I've seen videos of gameplay and I've played over at my friend's houses (though not Supernatural at friends houses) I personally don't think the Supernatural sims were made right. They look incredibly boring to me and not very much of them is altered. I would much rather they be much less human.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#15 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:47 PM
well then, luckily this is a game where you can control what the Sims look like.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:58 PM
I'm not too into the supernatural stuff, but I have to say after picking up this expansion, it seems to add more game play then the previous ones. It also let's you turn off some of the irritating stuff from the previous expansions.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:09 PM
There are literally TONS of CC out there that you can put into your game to fix how human they look.
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:09 PM
First things first. People on this forum ARE allowed to express their viewpoints. That others feel that the expressed viewpoint contains some flaws is also allowed. But I'm not entirely sure that the original viewpoint wasn't made to irritate other gamers. If such was the case, shame on you. If that's how you honestly feel, good for you. Others feel differently. Good on them. That's why the good Earth provides apples and bananas, something for everyone and everyone doesn't have to like both.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!