Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:28 AM
Mediums & what could have been
Okay, so the notion of the psychic in Supernatural is super cute, especially because they allow you to play with both sides (total scam and legit), which plays into their whole supernatural skeptic/fan thing, too. Now, I've been dying to play but am patiently waiting for my computer so, in the mean time, what better thing to do than to start watching Long Island Medium on TLC?

Before you go judgin', lemme tell you: I don't care. I FREAKIN' LOVE IT and it seems genuine. So haters to the left!

But what I actually came to talk about was how neat it would be if they had included mediums in the game, too. I know that now you can create ghosts in CAS and all that but it's not like they're always readily available. I just pictured an extension of the psychic career (or something separate all together) that'd be able to click on someone and go through a relationship panel of the deceased and pick who to summon for that person.

I'm not sure if that'd be possible or anything like that; I've just been watching the show and thought it would have been a really neat element to add. Again, I haven't played, but as far as I'm aware, that's not part of the psychic thing for the Sims.

Anyway, that's my little 'would've been great if...' Do you guys agree? Are there things you think might have been great add-ons or something that seems missing? Please don't go on huge 'DAMN YOU EA!' tangents. I'm just genuinely curious to see what would have made what seems to be a great expansion pack that little bit extra, y'know?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 7:22 AM
I hadn't thought of anything like that, but I like the idea a lot.
My 'would've been great' is really insignificant and goofy, but I wish they had a magic boarding school for student sims. Come on! Yes, I am a Harry Potter fan, but I swear that's not my entire motivation. I just tend to send the sim children I'm not focusing on off to school and I thought "hey, my werewolf could go to werewolf academy while I build up my little witch's flying skill" only to find that there's no new option. Wouldn't calls home about werewolf frat packs and witch sororities be great? Yes! Of course they would!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:48 PM
... How did I not even think of a magic boarding school? That's actually brilliant! I mean, maybe I am HP biased but that would be so cool. I can picture the teenaged witch learning alchemy and flying (is flying a hidden skill or an actual one?) and a werewolf coming back with great hunting skill (and maybe painting because they took a therapy class to calm the rage haha) and vamps all charismatic. Ugh, now I want this.

Has any modder made a custom boarding school? I should go googling.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:16 PM
This is a great idea, I wonder why the sims team never thought of it. Because most fortune tellers are mediums anyway right?