Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 10:52 PM
Default "Show off" skills from after school activities?
So I just made a child sim and enrolled her in ballet class. On monday, she went to class and everything worked fine. But on tuesday, she came home from school without going to class and I tried to send her but when I clicked the 'go to class' button, I got a message saying she had to be in class or something. Since I was so annoyed with my game, I used MasterController to put her ballet level up to 1. It said she could now show off plies, but I can't figure out how. When I click on her I just get the normal options. (Change Outfit, Cell Phone etc) So how do I make her show off her skills? Also, does anyone have any idea why she didn't go to class? Is this some kind of bug?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 11:54 PM
I think you need to interact with another sim to show off skills. Don't know anything about why she didn't go to class, but the afterschool activities are not active every day, just two or three times a week I think. So maybe that was it. Hope I helped you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 2:52 AM
Fixed the "show off" thing, but she still won't go to class. I'm trying it with a different child, and hoping it helps. (On the days when she had ballet, she came out of school at three, and I pushed 'attend afterschool activity', but it told me she had to be in class to attend, whatever that means...so yeah, I will try it with the other kid and if that doesn't work I will have to look through my mods.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 8:20 AM
She might have been hit by the "Field Trip Situation" bug: after a field trip the game sometimes fails to remove the field trip situation from a Sim's personal status and will continue to think that this Sim is on a field trip instead of in school. You can check if this is the case with MasterController by clicking on the Sim and choose Status/Personal.

There are three ways that I know of to solve this problem:
1- Either move that Sim out and back in again
2- Reset the lot(s) where the field trip went to, with either MasterController or by entering that lot in Edit Town and leaving it again. At most you will have to do this with all possible field trip destinations (graveyard, science lab, theatre, bistro, police station)
3- Use Overwatch and click Immediate/Clean up Situations. This is the quickest and surest way.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 5:49 PM
You can go on a fieldtrip to the graveyard? What exactly are you supposed to learn there...? O_o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 2:51 AM
I tried it with another kid, and even without field trips they fail to go to class after the first day. I guess this means it is time to look through my mods. I have yet to try it with any other afterschool activities/clubs, I'll test it when I get the chance.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:22 PM
Maybe she just hates ballet...
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:47 AM Last edited by Mornath : 28th Oct 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Further information
Quote: Originally posted by sundazzle
You can go on a fieldtrip to the graveyard? What exactly are you supposed to learn there...? O_o

Maybe you can get a tombstone as souvenir? :P

But it definitely happens. I had that trip before, but I didn't let my sim go. Normally they go to other locations, even several times. But just you wait and your little simmies will have a ghost hunting trip. (Or so they may pretend?)

Also I recall that when your sims explores the mausoleum at the graveyard, exploration success depends on logic and athletics skill level. Maybe they learn some of those skills?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sundazzle

History of the town, about important people who are buried there, about the architecture of the mausoleum...plenty. And you get a spooky poster that's perfect for a teens bedroom.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 6:37 PM
Ugh, I always seem to encounter bugs with afterschool activities. I actually forgot they existed since I never use them. My glitch was that when my sim-child would perform at a recital there would be 500 trophies in their inventory and the only way to get rid of them is deleting them one by one ... grrrr.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 12:43 AM
500 trophies! Great! Free decor for all the house (?) Otherwise, can they be sold, and how much each? If, let's say, 100 each, that's a lot of money, 50.000 says my calc (?)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 1:55 AM
haha, I actually don't remember what they're worth since I never use after school activities anymore, but even if they were a dollar apiece it would still amount to 500 simoleons. But the pain of deleting every single one was NOT worth it, lol.