Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:26 AM
Default Seasons Producer Walkthrough

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJP...M&feature=g-u-u

Now that I've seen this, I feel like its a pretty good and decent expansion that will bring a lot of fun to my game.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:37 AM
OMG, you can see the snow through the windows!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:41 AM
This was a really good video, I wish they all would be so nice. Really made me want the EP more.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:09 AM
I like this format of storytelling walkthrough showcasting all the best parts of the game, as opposed to the guy show a live demo while narrating with a lot of mmm and aaa... They did it for Supernaturals, and they did it once again for seasons.

I also like how we finally gets to see blueprint mode. Good for lazy arse like me.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I like this format of storytelling walkthrough showcasting all the best parts of the game, as opposed to the guy show a live demo while narrating with a lot of mmm and aaa... They did it for Supernaturals, and they did it once again for seasons.

I also like how we finally gets to see blueprint mode. Good for lazy arse like me.

i hope they continue this trend with future EPs. I think this is a great way to showcase the game, get people excited about the product and in general probably boost their sales. I mean i was already excited about the release of the EP. after watching the walkthrough i'm contemplating calling in to work for two days just so i can play 4 days straight, uninterrupted bad i know... but eh
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:09 PM
Just noticed something not big. Here, the pic says it all:

At 0:08.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:27 PM
Finally, an expansion I can get excitable about. I'm hoping this will put some of the final pieces in place for CAW users,too.

Aliens! aLiEnS! ALLENS!!! I ain't been properly alien impollinated in eons...

:lovestruc

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 12:11 AM
I've noticed they always produce these great looking trailers for the EPs. Yet, they never update the same, boring intro that came with the base game (I know, few even remember it thanks to nointro, or, if you're not that lazy, the space bar). Wouldn't it be nice to give us some fresh intro footage? It is effectively already made, and you could even have 2 or 3 EPs that rotate on game bootup. Even if we only watched it a few times, then threw nointro back in (or hit the bar, which is right there), it could still be a small treat for players.
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I've noticed they always produce these great looking trailers for the EPs. Yet, they never update the same, boring intro that came with the base game (I know, few even remember it thanks to nointro, or, if you're not that lazy, the space bar). Wouldn't it be nice to give us some fresh intro footage? It is effectively already made, and you could even have 2 or 3 EPs that rotate on game bootup. Even if we only watched it a few times, then threw nointro back in (or hit the bar, which is right there), it could still be a small treat for players.

Toward the end of the Sims 2 run, players begged to have the intro movie changed. It never happened. I wouldn't hold my breath this time around either. Sorry. Although I do agree with you.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 4:47 PM
Okay, I was looking forward to Seasons, but wasn't exactly 'excited' about it.
Now I'm excited! :D
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 7:52 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 20th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema
Just noticed something not big. Here, the pic says it all:

I must be missing something. What is that a pic of?

Edit: just noticed that at 2:14, at the gift party... behind Clark... there's an OPEN WINDOW. In the snow! I guess they're permanently open or closed, not in-game openable like CMO's animated windows... still, they could surprise us I guess

That sequence shows some neat new patterns btw... like the sweater patterns, and Abby's snowflake skirt
Theorist
#12 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 8:28 PM
Graham said they're perm. open.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 8:30 PM
The picture is of a swimming pool. It took me a few minutes to figure it out but then I saw the diving board.
Windows don't have any animations. http://simsvip.com/2012/10/18/sims-...-qa/#more-16881 First thing listed.
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
The picture is of a swimming pool. It took me a few minutes to figure it out but then I saw the diving board.
Windows don't have any animations. http://simsvip.com/2012/10/18/sims-...-qa/#more-16881 First thing listed.

Oh, yeah, no surprise about the diving board

Thanks for the windows info, missed that. Guess we'll have to put CMO to work on those!

I love his animated windows, but what would be REALLY neat... is sims autonomously opening and closing windows, possibly conditioned by their traits ("loves/hates the outdoors" and the Seasons heat/cold ones), the temperature oand time of day
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 11:09 PM
For the startup footage, why can't somebody just make one that replaces the movie? It can't be that hard, I remember being able to do that for TS2 by the time OFB came out.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:55 PM
THIS!!!!

is this already in the game? if so, where is it and what ep because i should be utilizing it RIGHT NOW. is that a game object or did they make that in build mode with fountains? i must learn how to make it.....
(i'm talking about the waterfall, not the hot tub)
Scholar
#17 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
THIS!!!!

is this already in the game? if so, where is it and what ep because i should be utilizing it RIGHT NOW. is that a game object or did they make that in build mode with fountains? i must learn how to make it.....
(i'm talking about the waterfall, not the hot tub)

Not sure, but I think that (hot tub/waterfall) is all one asset coming with SEA.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 1:05 AM
Did anybody else noticed the scarecrow at 0:15?
And 0:18.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Scholar
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666
Did anybody else noticed the scarecrow at 0:15?
And 0:18.

Yeah. Cute! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I must be missing something. What is that a pic of?

Just the funds showing up at that second of the video. Nothing so important.
Instructor
#21 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:50 PM
This doesn't really excite me anymore.
Why? Because when you're playing the actual game, it's not nearly as entertaining as it seems in the video.

I'm still looking forward to it though. ^_^

Though I'm wondering, what will happen to the world and foliage that came with Pets? The autumn-themed stuff. Is it going to always be autumn-looking or will it change with the seasons as well? The whole reason I still have Pets is because I love having "year" round autumn houses. :C
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
About the fall trees from Pets
.@artsynomad The appearance of any tree you have right now is considered it's default color and will look that way when fully grown in the summer. Those specific trees will shift even further towards red/orange/yellow in the fall until they lose their leaves. RT @artsynomad @SimGuruGraham Will the trees that came with Pets be green in the spring and fall or still red-yellow?

Festival lots will only be placed automatically in new games, you'll be able to place them manually in save games.

Should be more news on Thursday as SimGuruGraham takes over the TS3 Twitter 10/18 @ 10AM PST to take your questions about Seasons!

From page 96 of Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Seasons.
Eminence Grise
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
For the startup footage, why can't somebody just make one that replaces the movie? It can't be that hard, I remember being able to do that for TS2 by the time OFB came out.

Rick's NoIntro was the first mod that came out for TS3

Don't know why someone would want to REPLACE the movie, when you can just turn it off... and watch any other movie you like when you decide, rather than slowing down the game's startup!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 6:52 AM
I haven't looked at the start up movie since NoIntro came out. Would be wasted on me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:43 PM
I removed the NoIntro mod, but it's easy enough to just skip past it, I don't feel that a mod is necessary. Just my view.

Now that I've got the pre-order paid off, I'm anxious for the release date to arrive. I've been watching the Walkthrough daily. In the WeatherStone part of the video, I think the pumpkins in the garden look amazing. At least more realistic than the potatoes, which don't grow on bushes. I'm looking forward to the different festivals.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Page 1 of 2