Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2013 at 4:46 PM
Default How often do your sims get abducted?
Since I installed the 1.50 patch, my sims have been getting abducted every 3 or 4 days. It's really hard to tell if it's a mod conflict on a Mac - because I'd have to remove programs and wait almost a week of game time to see if my sims got abducted again.But I thought maybe there was a chance that they are just getting abducted more often and that was normal.

I just had a female sim get pregnant. Her husband got abducted and I think he's pregnant now too. Either that or he ate some bad pancakes -- I can't tell yet.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st May 2013 at 8:25 PM
I have yet to have it happen
#3 Old 8th May 2013 at 6:05 AM
In an old saved game my sim was snatched several times - I did nothing to provoke it. In my recent game my sim's wife got woken from her beauty sleep and was carried off to the planet Zogg to be investigated in heaven knows what kind of manner, again nothing done to invite such alien rudeness. No telescopes on the lot and so on.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2013 at 6:14 AM
My sims haven't been abducted yet either

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th May 2013 at 12:51 AM
It's only happened once for me
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th May 2013 at 8:07 PM
Every night for a week straight. Kind of getting old.

I wouldn't even try, but I think you could save my life.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2013 at 8:16 PM
Even with mods the aliens rarely come when I try to summon them. And when they do, they abduct the wrong sim -____-
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2013 at 8:58 PM
My sims are getting abducted 1 - 2 times a week still. The last one happened right after a private wedding. I will try to figure out what's up later.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:35 AM
I'm actually playing cinderella as of now-- and she got abducted on her way to visit her fairy godmother. i guess the world was trying to tell her something haha. anyway, it was weird/cool.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th May 2013 at 8:03 PM
Mine get abducted all the time!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th May 2013 at 11:35 PM
It's happened to me twice. First was a female at Uni and now I have a pregnant male. But with the second time an alien came to my house beforehand and the next day an abduction happened.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:33 AM
hasn't happened to me yet):
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 3:22 PM
I wish it would happen for me. They come to my house all the time! They just sit there though, and look at a window or a trashcan, something like that then leave. I have had them move in, but never gotten taken away.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittens!
I wish it would happen for me. They come to my house all the time! They just sit there though, and look at a window or a trashcan, something like that then leave. I have had them move in, but never gotten taken away.

they've come to my house but when I noticed it was already top late to interact and they were on their way back to wherever. I'm boutta just give up and pull out a telescope. hopefully a few hours of obsessive star gazing will get them abducted ?
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 9:04 PM
I had a sim get abducted three times in one play session once. I swear the aliens get obsessed with certain sims and will not leave them alone.

And it's always the girls, never the guys I had use the telescope for hours.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:49 PM
Never. I tried to be the abductor once because I bought a space ship car in TS3, then tried to do an abduction. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten that I totally annihilated the town, which is de rigeur pour moi, so there was no one to abduct! I'm the hand of God, man...I get a little frisky, if I don't like the looks of a sim OR they cause script errors, then it's on. LOL