Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 8:12 AM
Default Rhythm-a-con challenge gone extremely wrong
I figured that the musician's statue challenge would be easy-peasy but I ran into a huge obstacle. My sims needs to perform for 10 sims but this is impossible because none of the sims acknowledges his presence. The would walk through him if they could. They walk straight towards him yet they make no notice of him playing, they just walk off. Just to test I had his wife work on the same corners he does and she earns lots of money. I also threw a party at the community pool and had him perform, still nothing.

Then I let his wife play the guitar and a crowd gathered around her and giving her tips. Dafuq?! How do you perform for 10 sims like this? Is my save borked? It's a vanilla game, no mods, no cc. He did play the rhythm-a-thingy at Oasis Landing and people danced to his music and gave him tips.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 10:24 PM
Well since nobody bothered to help. I found a solution over at the official sims forum. Kusurusu was so kind as to look at the code of the freaking object and it turns out it's coded so that only sims of the future will react to it. It only attracts sims in the present if it's played in a Big Park allocated lot.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 11:08 PM
Thank you for updating the post with the answer - it is possible that just nobody knew, rather than ignoring you.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 12:58 AM
I haven't gotten that far so I definitely didn't know. Thank you for your discovery and posting it here. Very useful.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:23 AM
Yeah, only found out by accident that people only seemed to notice in a park. New problem is getting people use the display podium. I've only been able to get people to use it if I add it to a bot-emporium that I've set up in the past. Every other shop, they seem to ignore it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZanathKariashi
Yeah, only found out by accident that people only seemed to notice in a park. New problem is getting people use the display podium. I've only been able to get people to use it if I add it to a bot-emporium that I've set up in the past. Every other shop, they seem to ignore it.

The easiest way is to get someone to look at the code of the object. So far nobody seems interested enough to do that and most of the modders are busy updating the stuff they already released. This may take a while.

Quote: