Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 12:09 AM
Default ITF Nanite Collection Challenge
If you collect one of each type of nanite they supposed to spawn "near your plumbot maker". Unfortunately that isn't happening in my current save. *Le sigh* I know it works because they did spawn on a previous save I was playing. I placed the plumbot maker in the basement in the working save so I decided to try it out in my current game as well but that didn't help. Does anybody have any idea why they may not be spawning? My sims did quit his plumbot career in his homeworld, btw but he's still a plumbot manufacturer in OL.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 12:37 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 2nd Nov 2013 at 2:13 AM.
Good luck with your quest! I didn't even know there was a plumbot maker. I need to play more...thank goodness for the weekend.

Edit: Yes I did...it's that egg shaped thing! I guess in my mind I think it's called something else.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 7:14 PM
I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work? Perhaps when you buy a plumbot workshop, it will create the Plumbot Nanite spawner somewhere on the lot, just like how buying the Alchemy Station will create an Alchemy Insect spawner, and buying the Greenhouse will create a seed spawner? Note that the spawner gets created after you load the game again.

Or if you feel unsure, why don't you just buy the Plumbot Nanite spawner from the buydebug?

Just call me Nikel
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work? Perhaps when you buy a plumbot workshop, it will create the Plumbot Nanite spawner somewhere on the lot, just like how buying the Alchemy Station will create an Alchemy Insect spawner, and buying the Greenhouse will create a seed spawner? Note that the spawner gets created after you load the game again.

How it's supposed to work is what the OP said: the spawner appears after you've completed the collection challenge to find every type of nanite. Apparently not working... haven't gotten all the nanites yet myself, but I'm definitely not getting nanite spawners on my lot
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

Or if you feel unsure, why don't you just buy the Plumbot Nanite spawner from the buydebug?

Because the entire point is to get the feature to work as intended. D'oh! If it's not working it needs to be reported as a bug so it gets fixed.

@Srikandi: I can assure you the nanites do spawn since it does work in one of my saves. Ironically the saves with all the mods in it. lol The main difference between the current save and the old working save is that the sim no longer is a professional plumbot maker. Although that shouldn't be an issue going by the description of the collection challenge. I didn't even know about the collection challenge the first time around. All of a sudden I noticed nanites spawning outside and was very confused, lol. I figured it might be one of the skill challenges but when I didn't see anything there I was extremely puzzled. When I came online I read someone asking about the collection challenge, that's how I found out about it.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:50 AM
My lot has the nanite spawner, working perfectly. Of course it's a common quality one but that's fine with me. I was worried if the nanite spawner will appear since my bot maker is in second floor but it works just like Alchemy station, so no probs. No idea why your nanites wouldn't be spawning if they did before, sorry.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 9:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the nanites? It is a bit silly, but I am missing just one from having the complete set, but I don't know which one it is and basically have too many other things for my sim to do so I can't keep having her run around OL every day collecting endless rows of nanites she already has (and lots of them, too). It could at least narrow it down if I could figure out if the missing one is a crawler, a cone or a square/squiggly maze thing.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 11:28 AM
Collection Journal, right next to your sims' phone.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 11:40 AM
Sheesh, I can be so stupid. Thanks Sirah81, for being kind and patient enough to give me the answer. I appreciate it.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 9:55 AM
That's all right, I don't really collect "competitively" anymore with my sims so I don't use that thing much either. Now with the Nanite challenge it came in handy since I did want the spawner.