Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:55 AM
Default Starting family in Oasis Landings?
Can you marry a future residents[Single] in Oasis Landings???
Co'z I haven't try it, so it is possible to do it??

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:31 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:49 PM.
I've been wondering that, as well, but didn't do any testing yet because of a possibility of messing the timeline somehow (though, I really don't think EA has actually thought about something that complex ). I would like my sim to go after Bennett (Kenobi) Obi.

Edit: I think you can, actually. It says so in Bennett's character page: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bennett_Obi

Okay, off to hunt Kenobi.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 12:21 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:10 AM.
You can! I had a sim marry an OL resident (love crystals from the flowers help a lot ) He moved in with his three plumbots, leaving his girlfriend behind... my sim sold the plumbots for cash :/ Then I felt so guilty I had to stop playing that family, lol. Since plumbots are household members I feel terrible about selling them!
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You can! I had a sim marry an OL resident (love crystals from the flowers help a lot ) He moved in with his three plumbots, leaving his girlfriend behind... my sim sold the plumbots for cash :/ Then I felt so guilty I had to stop playing that family, lol. Since plumbots are household members I feel terrible about selling them!

Well, it's not like you were selling actual household members on like, Craigslist, or anything.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, it's not like you were selling actual household members on like, Craigslist, or anything.

Aww, that may be interesting.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:42 PM
When you sell a plumbot, they react to the event as they step on the pedestal. I had one plumbot whose relationship with my sim was in the red and they basically cackled at each other as if to say "good riddance". If you have a high relationship though you get a sad wave... dunno what happens in the case of love :/
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 5:12 AM
I was actually wondering what would happen if you tried to marry a sim in the past and then one in the future. I know the game was coded to have one spouse... But man, I have some romance sims that would LOVE that ability... I could have them marry a sim in France, Egypt, China, and oasis landing! Muahahaha! Imagine meeting those decendents!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 6:28 AM
If a baby or toddler ages up to child while in the future they instantly gain maxed Adv Tech skill. There are no schools normally however, so they will get random traits when aging from Child and Teen due to no education, unless you add one.

As for repercussions, I've had a Sim have a child with one of their decendants, take the child into the past, go back to the future, have a child with the child's descendants...repeat as desired, for a VERY VERY tangled family tree.