Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 10:01 AM Last edited by beauty_in_a_dream : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:54 AM.
Default I want to be Surrounded by Alien Family (5 kids via abduction) but...
Since Lenny had Louis (my first alien baby) the aliens never abduct him. I've played his life through to elder many times but no bueno. I have a butler, so it's not like the baby/toddler/child would be left alone if his dad were abducted. I've tried:

-Several abduction mods
Collecting space rocks
-Spawning space rocks
-Having teen Louis steal space rocks
-Moving house
-Moving town (from Moonlight Falls to a fresh Moonlight Falls)
-Moving a sim in to babysit Louis and then moving Lenny out so he can stargaze on a new lot (in case it was the presence of an alien on the lot that deterred them)
Befriending two adult aliens

EVERY time I restart a game I can get Lenny pregnant via abduction almost instantly...but after baby #1...no space ship, no visits...they take advantage and then reject him, he uses the telescope every night and sleeps at work the next day. I could just woohoo with an alien, but I REALLY wanted to complete the lifetime wish through pure abduction.

QUESTIONS:

- Has anyone had two successful alien pregnancies with the same sim? Is it a glitch in my game or just something in the general game code that says aliens cannot abuse your sim that many times?

- IF I were to get fertility treatment then ask a genie for a large family BEFORE baby 1,(I'd need 50,000 lifetime reward points for that but with a skill building lifetime wish that shouldn't be hard cause he's a genius, Surrounded by (alien) Family doesn't have to be my sim's ultimate goal, but it is mine) would there be a high chance of triplets or something?

-If I set up a challenge to do this in the other thread, would others be prepared to give it a go?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add to your actions breaking the "lights" of carved pumpkins. (Don't know how to name them correctly.) Sims destroy them with their feet, you know. Night walks (from 12 to 4) in the neighborhood also help to be abducted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:06 AM
Thanks, I'll try that now
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 2:52 PM
I've had a sim be abducted and have alien babies three times in his life! He had max logic, used the telescope, etc. But it seemed to me when someone else in the household would come back with space rocks. HE would be abducted again. I don't know why.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 3:02 PM
That's encouraging then! Thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 4:54 PM Last edited by beauty_in_a_dream : 6th Feb 2014 at 5:39 PM.
AHA! I've just realised, Lenny is a level 10 scientist....and you know what that means? It's alien cloning time. I started a new game again earlier, so even if they impregnate him once, (which I think they will,) I'll pause it, text the pollination technician so they become my aquaintance, befriend 'em, then nab some DNA. TADA! Alien baby...If those little grey mofos think they're the only ones who can use people for their DNA they've got a lot to learn muahahaha...

EDIT: 17:34 GMT: The abduction has happened, the game is saved just as Lenny runs to the lights, so pregnancy is certain. The game is ON! **cue Sherlock theme tune**
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 8:04 PM
That will teach the little grey mofo a lesson... Abduct him will they.. DNA goes both ways..

Some how that just does not sound or read right.....

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:39 PM Last edited by beauty_in_a_dream : 7th Feb 2014 at 12:25 AM.
SUCCESS! Lenny has a male alien son (Louis again, out of 7 alien pregnancies in several games, 6 were boys, no apples involved) born via abduction successfully cloned a female alien (Lacey) from a befriended polly tech. Oddly, and rather disturbingly, baby Lacey rolled Flirty and possessed the Attractive lifetime reward. I haven't saved it, because it would leave me with a baby and a young toddler, but the fact is, I got one over on 'em... this way you can have a male or female alien baby any time you like, so long as you meet the tech of the opposite gender to your abduction child. Up until now, no cheats, BUT I'm off to download NRAAS because the clone you make isn't listed as your 'Son/Daughter' even though they effectively are (if adopted children are then clones are, Lenny MADE her artificially) so NRAAS will fix that.

I might make a challenge based on starting an alien legacy where every sim HAS to remain a virgin

EDIT: I was wrong, I did save it, the lil flirt lives!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 3:25 AM
I would be happy if my Sims got impregnated from alien abductions at ALL. I think it might be the Hospital Overhaul mod from SimsMx, since it adds the option to "be infested" at the science facility, but I like that mod too much to ditch it.

Oh well...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
I would be happy if my Sims got impregnated from alien abductions at ALL. I think it might be the Hospital Overhaul mod from SimsMx, since it adds the option to "be infested" at the science facility, but I like that mod too much to ditch it.

Oh well...

Maybe it's the mod, but which town are you using?
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:00 PM
Holy Moly, since when did the Sims 3 have aliens??? From reading this thread I can see that I'm obviously way behind the times because I just had my first alien visitation EVER! A female alien named Epokap Vajjevoo just showed up at my house in Twinbrook, talked to my male Sim for a few minutes, and then she took off in the coolest little spaceship. It blew my mind! I just recently got Seasons as a Christmas present, so do the aliens come with the Seasons EP? Omg, excuse my excitement, but like I said, this has NEVER happened in my game before and I've been playing the Sims for a decade, since the first Sim game! And now I see we can have babies with the aliens??? Wow, mind blown again

Live, Laugh, Love
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cee618
Holy Moly, since when did the Sims 3 have aliens??? From reading this thread I can see that I'm obviously way behind the times because I just had my first alien visitation EVER! A female alien named Epokap Vajjevoo just showed up at my house in Twinbrook, talked to my male Sim for a few minutes, and then she took off in the coolest little spaceship. It blew my mind! I just recently got Seasons as a Christmas present, so do the aliens come with the Seasons EP? Omg, excuse my excitement, but like I said, this has NEVER happened in my game before and I've been playing the Sims for a decade, since the first Sim game! And now I see we can have babies with the aliens??? Wow, mind blown again

That's right , aliens came with the Seasons EP.
But we had them also in The Sims 2 base game

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
That's right , aliens came with the Seasons EP.
But we had them also in The Sims 2 base game

Yeah, I remember them in The Sims 2 in Strangetown or something like that. LOL But I never had one just show up and visit me! When it happened, I got so excited I started the camera so now I have the whole visit on video and can watch it over and over. hehehe I'm such a geek when it comes to The Sims and I'm a HUGE astronomy/sci fi fan, too, so that visitation was right up my alley!

Live, Laugh, Love
Scholar
#14 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 7:35 PM
I tired to get abducted when I first got Seasons; like, repeatedly, but it never worked. Is there a cheat to summon them?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 10:54 PM Last edited by SilentPsycho : 8th Feb 2014 at 11:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
I tired to get abducted when I first got Seasons; like, repeatedly, but it never worked. Is there a cheat to summon them?

Ways to improve your chances include collecting at least two space rocks a day, and using the telescope. If this fails, then there are mods that can help raise the chances of abduction.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:44 AM
What happens when you get abducted? Do the aliens automatically impregnate your Sim...even if it's a male?

Live, Laugh, Love
just a girl
#17 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote:
What happens when you get abducted? Do the aliens automatically impregnate your Sim...even if it's a male?

Not even but only a male can be impregnated. There's some chance.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth

Oh well...

Does the Hospital Overhaul mod stop sims from getting "infested" in the usual way? It's a pretty great mod, but I like also having the spontaneity of random abductions... controlling everything just isn't interesting enough :-p I HAVE noticed a lack of abductions while playing with that mod, but it was also in a household with small children and I thought there might be some sort of block?

I would be curious to hear the rules for abductions/alien pregnancies (beyond the easily tunable stuff you can see if you read the xml of the various tuning mods floating around here), if anyone knows them.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
Does the Hospital Overhaul mod stop sims from getting "infested" in the usual way? It's a pretty great mod, but I like also having the spontaneity of random abductions... controlling everything just isn't interesting enough :-p I HAVE noticed a lack of abductions while playing with that mod, but it was also in a household with small children and I thought there might be some sort of block?

I couldn't tell ya. I'm not a modder in the least, and SimsMx has been offline for a while dealing with school. But from what I can gather, it may very well be a conflict. I did add a mod that makes it a 66% chance of pregnancy whenever a male gets abducted, but I haven't had any luck so far. Lately it seems that the aliens only want to abduct Plumbots and the elderly! How would you even probe a robot??