Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 8:12 AM
Default Need Some CAW Help Please
Need some help in CAW please. Have posted per link below but am not sure anyone checks there anymore. Am having protected memory errors. So if you may be able to help please see my post in that thread.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5583620
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 7:49 PM
I don't get any warnings about posts in that tutorialthread, so might be the same 4 others. That's probably why no one answers.

I don't know about your issue
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 11:14 PM
I figured nobody would find my post there so thought I better put an arrow to it. Hope someone can help.

We are to lose our power for the third time in a week or so and maybe for days, so if I am slow in any responses that is why. I am in No California and PG&E is to shut it off any time now.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 12:26 AM
It's been a while since I installed Sims 3 on a new computer but it seems like you don't do the updates for individual EP. You use only the super patch. I did it at the end of the process and that worked for me anyway. You might review the instructions for the super patch and see. (I was also installing from discs, not Origin.) You could also try uninstalling Origin and re-installing it. (Just be sure to select no automatic updates for Sims 3 or it could take you to 1.69 which it doesn't sound like you want.) Uninstalling CAW and then reinstalling it after doing all the above probably wouldn't hurt. Sorry to not be of more help. The last time I got any errors in CAW it was because Origin and/or Java needed to be updated. There might be more help in the Game Help section. I hope you get it figured out!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
It's been a while since I installed Sims 3 on a new computer but it seems like you don't do the updates for individual EP. You use only the super patch. I did it at the end of the process and that worked for me anyway. You might review the instructions for the super patch and see. (I was also installing from discs, not Origin.) You could also try uninstalling Origin and re-installing it. (Just be sure to select no automatic updates for Sims 3 or it could take you to 1.69 which it doesn't sound like you want.) Uninstalling CAW and then reinstalling it after doing all the above probably wouldn't hurt. Sorry to not be of more help. The last time I got any errors in CAW it was because Origin and/or Java needed to be updated. There might be more help in the Game Help section. I hope you get it figured out!

Good to see here you again! I have been thinking about you lately. I used the super patch when I installed and it updated the base game to 1.67. Yes, I do not want 1.69 for sure. I was reading the other thread to patch the individual EPs and SPs if not done at install so did that. I also used disks to install. Have been in CAW and can work in EIG with no problem and save and then save in CAW. But try to place a lot in CAW and it goes bonkers.

Power is back after 2 days being out and is to go off again tomorrow probably. So will check in whenever I can. Thank you for the reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 11:41 PM
Have no idea what is going on but CAW is working again even though I never got LAA to work. I kept trying to place a particular lot 8x64 where I wanted and it always crashed/errored. I went ahead and tried other lots in other places and no problems. Have done major work now and so far all is fine. I have no idea why CAW had a fit placing that one lot in that one place? Have never had it do that before in all the huge amount of time I have spent in CAW over the years. So hope whatever is going on stays OK.