Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 11:01 AM Last edited by daisylee : 11th Nov 2019 at 11:16 AM.
Default Cannot Place Dock in EIG in World I Am Doing in CAW
Help! I have done many ports and houseboats in worlds I have done with no problems in the past. I absolutely cannot place the docks at ports in the world I am doing now. They error out every time and stop before the land rather than going into it as I have done countless times before. This is a world where I have it surrounded by retaining walls. I raised the water level to have it be at the right height with the walls. Is this the problem? For some reason a port cannot be done if the water level has been changed?

To me it seems like the dock should place at the actual water level as normal, but...............

Also, it is odd that if I try to lower the terrain I get an error for max height. I may have set for max height in the world at 100, but it seems odd that I cannot go down either. Or are the worlds at 100 default and for some reason if set at 100 we cannot go up or down?

I tried to place land in another area and made it as low to the water as possible. Same error. Is the world setting something that means I cannot extend the pier into the land?
I have a feeling this world will not have houseboats. Shucks! I like including them. Do not really want to start over, but....... sigh.

Also the set imported terrain cheat seems to do zilch in this world. Again, is this due to the world settings? I may be up the creek without a paddle this time. Only used the low setting once before in a flat world but that was pre IP. Never again I may have found out.

----
edit: just thought of something. I can soften the terrain down from the land level to the water, so I can lower it that way. So if I can do that it seems like I should be able to have it lower automatically when placing a dock?