Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 3:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Some of my apartment neighbors refuse to leave my apartment
Alrighty, I've had this problem repeatedly in Erin Beaker (and formerly Kristen Loste's,) apartment. 3 of their apartment neighbors, (formerly 4, but the fourth got engaged to Kristen and moved out with her) keep on waltzing in to their apartment and just talking to each other, watching TV and using the toilet. I had already had problems with apartment neighbors entering their apartment uninvited before, but it's gotten worse. Recently I had to reinstall my game, and afterwards all of my sims ended up being reset. However, the four apartment neighbors who refused to leave my apartment were all at work when they were reset, and I think that's why they are behaving strangely. I've already tried asking them to leave- and they leave for only a couple of minutes before coming back. And their apartment residencies are still in place- if I hover over their doors, it still says their last names. The reason why I'm now asking for help is because this bug is causing them to lose their sense of self-preservation. They have green stink clouds, and they keep passing out. Eventually, they'll probably starve to death. My inner Olive Specter is laughing my ass off at this stupidity, and if no one's able to help me I'll let them die, but I'd really prefer getting them to act normally again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  Please help these guys.jpg (351.6 KB, 27 downloads)
Description: It's both hilarious and deeply concerning
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 3:27 PM
Maybe too obvious, but since you didn't mention your door's status, I'll ask anyway: are you sure you didn't unlock your household's apartment door ?
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 3:27 PM
Was Kristen the one who initially signed the rent deal with the landlord?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 3:38 PM
To answer both questions, yes, the door is unlocked so guests I do invite can actually come in. But I think the one time I tried locking, before the reset, I think I remember it not working. And Kristen is the one who originally signed the rent deal. But the problems were happening when Kristen lived there, including to the point where it became genuinely problematic. The issue is that apartment neighbors are supposed to leave and come back to their own apartments if their needs are too low, but the neighbors in question are not, and that's what the problem is.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 4:36 PM
I understand but I asked anyway because there are more options than locked/unlocked for visitors.

I like having the neighbours around and I usually unlock apartment doors, so that neighbours can freely come in and out as they please, and they usually behave pretty much the way you describe, using the toilets, watching tv, sharing meals with the family, and sometimes passing out as uncontrolled sims do.

Do your neighbours still go to work ?

It also depends what mods you may have. I use a mod that lets neighbours stay out late and not disappear in their flats too early in the evening. That one I think is responsible for most of my neighbours passing out in their spaghetti plates.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 5:07 PM
No, they didn't go to work. None of them went back to work after the reset took them home, but two of the three neighbors who were still there were supposed to go to work the next day, and they haven't. And I don't mean to seem rude, but the problem is not what caused this- I'm almost certain that them being reset while they were at work gummed something up in their behavior, but what I want to know is how to get them to act normal again.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 5:15 PM
If they don't leave to go to work, then indeed it's not normal, but you didn't say before whether your door was unlocked to all or not, whether the neighbours were going to work or not, and so on.

You said the neighbours kept waltzing in, which implies that they do sometimes leave, we cannot guess these infos without asking you about them. Nor can we guess how to get them to act normal again without knowing what your problem is by... asking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 6:32 PM
Oh! I would like to apologize if I was being vague. I'll be a bit more thorough in explaining. Before the reset, the apartment door was unlocked to all, and on occasion, the neighbors would drop by to watch TV or something. However, if I had Kristen or Erin ask them to leave, they would leave and go back to their own apartment, and all of the neighbors would properly go to work. I assume this is normal behavior. After the reset, though, while the neighbors who were at home at the time of the reset continued this normal behavior. Those who were at work, however, began to act oddly. First they came into Kristen and Erin's apartment, as usual, but this time, if they were asked to leave, they would briefly exit the apartment, and immediately come back inside. Additionally, I've realized they won't leave for work either. The apartment door was also still unlocked to all. I hope this was more helpful!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 8:47 PM
Just delete them with move_objects.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 2:58 AM
This is a common apartment glitch for which I know no permanent solution. It doesn't always happen, and if you have multiple families in the same building it may only happen to one family. You can get rid of them temporarily by move objects deleting them or zapping unwanted visitors with the simlogical teleporter, but I don't know of anyone who's managed an effective fix for it, and since AL was the last full expansion it hasn't been patched as thoroughly as earlier expansions. I generally live around them as long as I can, and then move the household out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This is a common apartment glitch for which I know no permanent solution. It doesn't always happen, and if you have multiple families in the same building it may only happen to one family. You can get rid of them temporarily by move objects deleting them or zapping unwanted visitors with the simlogical teleporter, but I don't know of anyone who's managed an effective fix for it, and since AL was the last full expansion it hasn't been patched as thoroughly as earlier expansions. I generally live around them as long as I can, and then move the household out.

It's a bit disappointing that there's no permanent solution, but since Erin should be proposing to her boyfriend and moving out of that cramped apartment next rotation anyway, I think I'll be fine.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 10:47 PM
I have no idea how to fix this permanently, but I've been able to temporarily fix this by using move objects to place the lost sims back inside their home apartments. Even though their apartments have the fog in it, they usually will "disappear" after a few seconds and the game will then think they have gone back inside their apartment properly. Occasionally this won't work and they'll just get stuck wandering around a foggy apartment unit until I move them again, but usually it fixes it until they come back outside for something like the Saturday party.