Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Multiple pollination technicians!

by fwiffo Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 5:06 AM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:32 PM by Christy1077

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 96 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 8:29 AM
I've had this installed since I got NL on release date and have had no issues with my Multi PT's
Test Subject
#77 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 12:11 AM
Default doesn't seem to work with NL
I have had this in since installing Nightlife. I haven't had any issues with it. But I have noticed that each time my sims give birth to an alien baby.... the baby is from the normal P.T. I don't have him at all in my multi p.t. file.

I have several other different colored aliens. All of them have the bigger noses. Each baby born is the same green color and the small nose of the original p.t.

I hope someone is able to find a way to get this to work with nightlife. I love this hack.

Oh! I do have the nightlife patch in as well.
Test Subject
#78 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 7:46 PM
can i just ask where that first pollination technician has gone just the one on his own the improved one i lost it and would very much like it thanks
Test Subject
#79 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 7:39 AM
This is awesome, fwiffo. Thanks so much. I've created 2 new PT's for my game, and it seems that following your directions to mod your files worked great. My Sim-avatar (from the BBS) is now sharing pollination duties with the original PT. I gave them both new skins and custom black eyes since the Maxis alien eyes seem to only be available with the Maxis alien skin. I can't thank you enough.
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Themoog : 8th Dec 2005 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Forgetfulness
A house full of twins...
There is one thing I noticed which may or may not be some crazy coincidence... After downloading this mod, I got my female sim pregnent by normal means and her husband preggers by the red telescope (which, as far as I can work out, stuck pretty much to the predicted odds). They both gave birth to twins. I've never had twins before and now I have two sets! Is this actually just a twist of fate or is it something to do with the mod??
Cheers
The Moog
PS. I should point out that this is on University expansion
Test Subject
#81 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TreyNutz2
This is awesome, fwiffo. Thanks so much. I've created 2 new PT's for my game, and it seems that following your directions to mod your files worked great. My Sim-avatar (from the BBS) is now sharing pollination duties with the original PT. I gave them both new skins and custom black eyes since the Maxis alien eyes seem to only be available with the Maxis alien skin. I can't thank you enough.

Well, I'm having trouble now. I have NL and it seemed to be working fine. But then I noticed that my PT replacement sim made toddlers with deformed cheekbones. So I fixed him, gave him the same GUID, got rid of the old one, and now I only get the Maxis PT as the pollinator. I can't get the hack to work at all anymore. I'll try a new GUID, I guess, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary. Or maybe it's because I renamed the Multi_Pollination_Technician.package file? I could try that too, but I thought I tested that already.
Instructor
#82 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TreyNutz2
Well, I'm having trouble now. I have NL and it seemed to be working fine. But then I noticed that my PT replacement sim made toddlers with deformed cheekbones. So I fixed him, gave him the same GUID, got rid of the old one, and now I only get the Maxis PT as the pollinator. I can't get the hack to work at all anymore. I'll try a new GUID, I guess, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary. Or maybe it's because I renamed the Multi_Pollination_Technician.package file? I could try that too, but I thought I tested that already.

You need to get the Multi_Polli Tech.package to be replace with the another one. However, if you want to have the alternative Polli-tech to replace Polli-Tech from Maxis, then go to the one that has the Better Looking Polli Tech mod for your sim. It might also be possible that you still have the Maxis Polli Tech still floating around with your other Polli-techs, so that would be a better option than to delete some of other PTs.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 3:32 PM
I've got it working now. In an unplayed game (a fresh My Doc...TS2 folder) I need to have at least one alien pregnancy before this hacks starts working. After that, I get my custom PTs as replacements.

I noticed that in SimPE, the Pollination Technician NPC character in each neighborhood does not have and DNA data until you have an alien birth in that neighborhood. So I thought to try the hack after having one alien birth in the neighborhood. Worked for the first neighborhood: So the first alien birth in the game was the Maxis PT as dad in Pleasantview. The second (after relaunching) was from this hack. The 3rd was in a new neighborhood (Strangetown), but the dad was from this hack. So my theory was partially disproved.

Don't ask me why, but if you can't get this hack to work, try using the tombstone of L and D to get a sim alien pregnant (and saving). Relaunch the game and see if that fixes it.
Instructor
#84 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 5:51 PM
Does this still work w/OFB? Thanks!
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 8:55 AM Last edited by aubreylaraine : 6th Aug 2006 at 6:34 PM. Reason: its not working, but its better
why cant i get this to work
i still have my original problem, listed below, but i think ive found a way around some of it. using this thread, http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...=1&page=4&pp=25, i changed one of the pts i got here. i couldnt get it to work by using a new page and adding the facial structure and jpeg, so i extracted/replaced them in the package files instead. this worked for pt9 1/2, and half worked for gamma. his offspring still had his original #3 skintone but had his new features, and since i want my aliens to be green, that just didnt work for me.

my original problem:
i made three pt's in body shop. pulled everything up in simpe. added and edited what i was supposed to, checked it twice to be sure. changed the guid numbers to reflect the new pt's for the coin toss. heres the problem. i only get birth queen 44 (i kept her and got rid of the other three). i take everything out of my downloads folder except for these files. i get several for stella, more than a few for the original and some that have no parentage. i dont know where its still pulling up the original because im not using him for this at all. when i went back to check my work again i notice something weird. the three from bodyshop dont have jpegs. im not sure if thats supposed to happen or if thats whats causing my problem.
i have uni, nl, ofb and the latest version of simpe.
Test Subject
#86 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:25 PM
Has anyone tried this with OFB? And is there any update in store for the upcoming Pets expansion? Thanks!
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 4:23 AM
has anyone got this to work with nightlife? i miss it
Forum Resident
#88 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 11:31 AM
Many thanks!, this is a great mod - that appears to work with most versions of the game. For exampe, I have TS-2 with Uni/Nightlife/Pets/Seasons + various stuff packs and it works fine!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:14 PM
My Sims can't get alien pregnany anymore (not even with the inSIM!), and I think it might be this hack's fault. Is it because I have Seasons, or is this hack just not compitable with the Triplets and Quads hack?
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:12 PM
In my game every time a sim gets abducted, they become pregnant by the Vulcan pollination tech.
I never get the other ones, not even the Maxis original.
Forum Resident
#91 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:24 AM
Test Subject
#92 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:24 PM
Is there a simple way to get rid of the Vulcan guy but keep the others? I tried deleting it but then some of my alien kids didnt have an alien parent and I figured it must be coz the game thinks there are 4 aliens but there are only 3, so I re-downloaded the vulcan, but can I replace him or something? I only want Maxis-style aliens in my game.
Test Subject
#93 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:36 PM
Hilarious....one looks like Spock with a suntan. Anyway, good job! Please make more!
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:39 PM
OMG!Clones?
Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 3:26 AM
no offense buddy!
Quote: Originally posted by lamina
no ofence but is it me or you but WHAT THE HELLS A Pollination Technician
a Pollination Technician is the alien in the sims 2 that impregnates sims when they're kidnapped by the spacecraft.. no offense.. but you look really retarded now.. and.. learn how to spell..
Field Researcher
#96 Old 28th May 2010 at 9:15 PM Last edited by jbeach34 : 6th Jun 2010 at 1:41 AM.
Thank you sooo much for this tutorial!!! I just finished my 1st multi-PT and downloaded your telescope, now on to see how well it works!!!
Thanks again!

UPDATE:

Well, I've created my own unique multi-PT's(4 different ones) and I've followed Fwiffo's tutorial to the 'T'. I've checked and double (and triple!) checked to make sure I did everything right. I have had 3 different abductions: PT#9 Smith, his son Johnny (I have inteen), and the blond Curious brother, and not a single pregnancy!!!! I realize it might not work on the 1st 2 - one being an elder and the other a teen, but I've been trying since those 1st 3 abductions (AND they were instant-right away, too!!!) and haven't been abducted again since!!! I've tried to use the included telescopes, but keep getting the jump bug! :/

I've tried both male and female (I have the hack for females to get random preg. by Squinge), and I'm not having any success! Does anyone have any suggestions?!?

I've tried to follow along in his earlier post about the true/false/error in the BHAV discusion he had with Oddysey. And I've noticed that every single return on the telescopes has an error! Any idea how to fix this so that my scopes will work?

I have all EP/SP's, but I'm currently only using: Double Deluxe, Pets, Seasons & BV. Like I said, I have Inteenimator and a few hacks/mods by Squinge. I've ran the hack conflictor thing and other than minor issues w/in inteen, there aren't any issues with the multi PT or telescopes that I can see. ???

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you....

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
#97 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:59 AM
Someone please help, I'm a bit stuck.

I have Nightlife and decided to try this hack out anyway. It doesn't seem to work for me and having ever since gotten rid of the packages, the baby comes out normal every time.
I saved my game just before the father gives birth for selective breeding and have found that my alien baby no longer looks like an alien!
Is there anyway to undo what was over written so that the maxis can work properly again? I just want alien babies again!
Thanks in advanced!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:34 PM
You think a code that prevents incest is lame. I see.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 10:28 PM
Has anyone tested this mod recently by chance to see if it works with UC?
Page 4 of 4