Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden with perfect harvestables for busy sims

by SchiZohybrid Posted 23rd May 2010 at 5:30 AM - Updated 30th Sep 2012 at 9:36 AM by SchiZohybrid : Additional testing done

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM
penguinsane; 'wild plants' don't need any care and will keep producing forever.

Lokilow; sadly, it seems plants can't be cloned with testingcheats, so the easiest way I can think of would be to take a sim with at least 7 gardening skill, stack up on the fruits you want and plant the desired amount on its home lot.
To avoid having to care for these new plants, move your sim to another house.
Your new garden will be ready for looting within a few days :D

Well I can't look under the hood but nothing will erase the joy of gunning townies down in front of City Hall - suzetter
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:10 PM
A perfect lot, thanks!
Scholar
#28 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:40 PM
This is Very genius and sometimes I'm just Lazy. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 11:34 PM
Is there any way we can get a version of this for basegame only pretty please with a cherry on top?
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 3:10 AM
I love love love this idea, but for some reason it's not working for me. When I first placed the garden in my neighborhood, I was not able to harvest anything - the only option available was "view". So I figured I would give it a sim day or two to fully grow. The next "day" I walked to the lot and all the plants were GONE with the exception of the decorative bushes! What could be the problem? Could one of my klepto neighbors have stolen all the plants?!?! (haha, j/k about that )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 2:22 PM
Loretta_Young_Silks: I got around to test it in a vanilla basegame, no problems detected. (WA-plants simply don't appear, so it will look a little empty in comparison to the preview shots here.)

beansly87: Have you checked thoroughly for possibly utdated or conflicting mods somewhere in your game? I've had my fair share of omgwtfbbq due to those

Well I can't look under the hood but nothing will erase the joy of gunning townies down in front of City Hall - suzetter
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 3:11 PM
It is good idea, thank you. But it is pity that in your lot is no Money Tree and Omni Plant with perfect harvestable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simm@
It is good idea, thank you. But it is pity that in your lot is no Money Tree and Omni Plant with perfect harvestable.

Since money bags are not ingredients and the Omni Plant does not increase the quality of ingredients already obtained, I didn't see the need to include them in this lot. (And I was running out of space.)

Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 11:33 AM
Perhaps, you right. I want to find way to have Money Tree and Omni Plant with perfect quality. Thanks for your answer.
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:08 PM
This is awesome! I tried installing the buy all fruit and buy all fish hacks and they wrecked my game. All my fruits and fish just vanished from my sims lots and inventories, it was a nightmare! Now I can get it all back! THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:52 AM
Hrm are there any deathplants there? I like Ambrosia but it requires the deathflower. Just asking havent seen the full lot yet
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittenm
Hrm are there any deathplants there? I like Ambrosia but it requires the deathflower. Just asking havent seen the full lot yet
Ambrosia requires Life fruit and Deathfish

Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:06 AM
Oh. But 1 question, Where do I extract it too? I tried my mods folder but it didnt work. Tried like 60 bajillion times
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:59 AM
It's in sims3pack format, you either double click and it will install through the launcher automagically, or plop it into the downloads folder -> select it in the launcher -> install.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:39 AM
This lot is awesome, it goes in every new world I build. Thank you.
Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:20 AM
Thanks a lot, that's just brilliant. I've had a perfect garden like this only once but it never occured to me that I can export it and share, or at least save it for later, now I deleted the savegame and it's gone forever so I'll use yours
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beansly87
I love love love this idea, but for some reason it's not working for me. When I first placed the garden in my neighborhood, I was not able to harvest anything - the only option available was "view". So I figured I would give it a sim day or two to fully grow. The next "day" I walked to the lot and all the plants were GONE with the exception of the decorative bushes! What could be the problem? Could one of my klepto neighbors have stolen all the plants?!?! (haha, j/k about that )

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:02 PM
I'm having a problem placing the lot!

When I go into World Editor to place a new lot in which to put the garden lot, it won't let me place the garden. All the empty lot 'bubbles' disappear and I can't place it anywhere at all, no matter the size lot I use.

I'm not sure if this is a 'user error' issue or if it's actually a glitch. I know the garden uses plants from WA, which I don't have. I presumed those plants would just be replaced with basics, but was I mistaken?

Any help would be very appreciated
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 3:26 PM
I can't thank you enough for this lot!!! It has saved me soooooo many times I can't even count!!! I put it in all of my towns/worlds...and especially while adventuring...Egypt, China and France! TY,TY, TY!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:31 PM
It's so nice to have all harvestables in one place.
Thank so much for your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 8:18 PM
Love it! I have placed it in Riverview and my active family live just around the corner! Very useful for them, especially since my cook needed the ingredients for Baked Angel Food Cake. Thanks for all your effort.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 4:49 AM
i love this mod really and i hope to see some updates where carrots and plasma fruit is included? really really great idea about this! thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 4:03 PM
this is too cool
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 5:32 PM
I adore this lot, it is one of my can't do without items.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 3:31 AM
Best Lot Ever!
Page 2 of 3