Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2201 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For information (it's too late for you now but might help someone else), reinstalling the game does not fix the SDH bug. Instead, just pop this in your Downloads folder, load the affected lot(s) and save.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...978#post5670978

Bah... whoops. I looked all around and never found that. Thanks!

To clarify, what I did was reinstall the game, leave out all my social mods. put in No Sim Loaded and Control This Sim, loaded the lots and saved. It was for uploading to MTS purposes, since I kept getting the error that I had the SDH bug, and after I did all this the site accepted it so... maybe I did something. :shrug:
Advertisement
Instructor
#2202 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 5:00 PM
Not to get off topic of pictures, but how do you know if you have it? I've heard it mentioned so often but I don't really know what it is or if it's something to be worried about.
I may wanna upload a lot at some point in the future, ya never know.
Lab Assistant
#2203 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 7:35 PM Last edited by yourfriendmichelle : 6th Mar 2021 at 9:04 PM. Reason: Note about corruption
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Not to get off topic of pictures, but how do you know if you have it? I've heard it mentioned so often but I don't really know what it is or if it's something to be worried about.
I may wanna upload a lot at some point in the future, ya never know.

Well... in my case I found out from an MTS upload error.

From what I understand, you get it from uninstalling a social hack that was cloned improperly (I want to say cloned from the SDH social itself but I'm not sure, it has some code to do with it though). It may be hard to know you have it, especially if you have a mod like No Sim Loaded that hides it. I've never seen it, because I have No Sim Loaded, but I'm guessing something along the lines of "DEBUG - Super Duper Hug" pops up in the social menu. It's not known to corrupt your game, just super annoying.

Also, umm, to pull this back on topic to pictures: I'll offer up this screenshot of the time Lilith Pleasant (aka my daughter who I love) raked the leaves, leading me to think she was starting to be responsible and doing chores, only to find out it was just so she could goof around with them.

Instructor
#2204 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 8:25 PM
I'm too lazy to crop off the game window so apologies.

Sanjay Ramaswami and Peter Ottomas were doing a school cheer, but the point in which I paused it + the angles that my tab mode were in made for some very funny faces. Or, I think so anyway.

Mad Poster
#2205 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 4:09 PM
@CASnarl -I wouldn't worry about that if I was you because mine have that window boarder since I play windowed mode.
Here's a big blooper from EA I got when I loaded my new terrain to set up a new town for later sharing.It's a royal mess and I'll have to hold esc down while holding the left mouse button down to get that cleared up.
Screenshots
Instructor
#2206 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 4:40 PM
@TadOlson so do I but I normally edit my screenshots after to crop that bar off just 'cause I think it looks nicer. But sometimes I just don't feel like it.
Mad Poster
#2207 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 5:49 AM
I don't usually get a chance and had to not do it because my hard drive would get too full and I don't like deleting things like that so I just leave them unedited to save space.
Mad Poster
#2208 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 7:02 PM
I run my game in a window and use Irfanview to take screenshots. It has options to automatically crop out the title bar and window borders. I don't have the latest version, but I don't think the options would be much different in the newer version.

https://www.irfanview.com/
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2209 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 1:23 PM
Well this aint right! lol

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#2210 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:59 AM
Espresso and Sigma Neighbour were joined for lunch not just by their guests but by a hamburger-eating ghost.

In contrast to the other guests, it was polite enough to put its plate away on the counter after it was finished eating.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#2211 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 4:32 AM
So, apparently fruits/vegetables float in midair if you put plots on foundation... There goes my elevated garden experiment.

Why not be kind?
Forum Resident
#2212 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 12:45 AM
This kind of fixes that problem. (Use the regular garden plot tool at ground level but use buyable garden plots in Misc/Misc for upper levels.) I say "kind of" because a hack that fixes the height values would have been better. But it does work.
Field Researcher
#2213 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 6:33 PM
Apparently, 88 Road to Nowhere doesn't like the snow.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2214 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 7:05 AM
You can't escape the void, Angela

Screenshots

Why not be kind?
Mad Poster
#2215 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 12:14 PM
The bag stuck to her when she tried to deliver a date gift. The gift did not appear. Worse...she had just had a baby, which disappeared before I could name it. I got the baby off the family screen by putting it up for adoption. THEN the baby showed on the teen girl's family tree as HER baby, with the actual mother (the maid who had moved in) as the "other parent"; no one had a memory of the baby birth (including the father).

I just noticed; the same woman (when she was the maid) had a date with the man in the house, and she didn't leave the "gift" then either (she's leaving with the flowers).
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#2216 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 5:20 PM
Can you spot what's wrong with this family tree?

Nothing unusual here!
Screenshots

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#2217 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 3:51 AM

Bayside Flats has trees under its mountains!

Yeah, just stand around grinning glitchily. Ugh.

Pardon my urn default (it's part of a set that is largely a great improvement on TS2 urnstones, although I'm not sure I like the box), but if you've never seen an urn about to be smashed, here's what it looks like:

And the reaction from the smasher:

I'm starting to suspect this brat has something to do with at least one of the recent deaths...
Forum Resident
#2218 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:54 AM

It's getting hot in here.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#2219 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Can you spot what's wrong with this family tree?

Nothing unusual here!

Hiding from the law? Wish the new hood I checking out was as "clean". It looks like an old man had an affair with his SON'S WIFE (per their family tree); they even have memories. Result was a boy. Oddly the husband remembers the birth as though it was HIS baby. Oddlier - when the family is first played that baby boy is 3 days younger than the cheating wife! What's that, like 3 years?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#2220 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 4:57 AM
This happened when I spawned some twins I put up for adoption in a house to remove their family ties.

Screenshots

Why not be kind?
Forum Resident
#2221 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 4:25 PM

If only there was a more convenient and comfortable way of holding a basket, which didn't put the groceries at risk of falling out of it.

This picture is peak The Sims to me. One guy standing around in an occupied bathroom for no reason, while also in the process of dying (he got better) and reacting in the wrong direction, Grim Reaper behind him doing his own thing and dude in the bathtub seemingly blissfully unaware of everything going on around him.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#2222 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 9:09 PM
I was playing Lisa Russilo and she got an invitation for an outing so I sent them to the Crypt O' Night Club. Don Baxter was in the group but he was not the active household so, whatever happened there, is not my fault

1. Don decided to try his luck with the ElectroDance Sphere and he seems very determined
2. He tried his best but...
3. The Sphere won... royaly (ouch!!!)

And then Sophia Jocque came out of nowhere and beat the Shpere in its own game (photos 4, 5, 6 and 7) Sophia!!!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2223 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 2:11 AM
Those Summerdream fairies... so mischievous. I found it funny that at their party, there was a fight... but between the brothers, because of aspiration failure.
Also Bottom is an evil fairy. Not only was she creepy on other lots like a fae trying to kidnap their prey, but she's the only Summerdream ECSTATIC over a fight, the others just whimpered. I love her.
But Puck is also thinking about stirring up some chaos... stupid boy, if you're greedy, you'll make your human friends angry with you!
Screenshots

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Lab Assistant
#2224 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 12:01 PM
So I took my sim to the platinum gym for a swim and this happened.

Field Researcher
#2225 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 1:34 PM
Bella Goth had a burglar last night but officer Ramin Centowski was on top of the situation as per usual in this hood. The alarm woke Bella up and she (for unknown reasons) thought that it was a good time to play her piano during the fight (screenshots 1 and 2).
When officer Ramin arrested the burglar she run to hide in the bathroom (screenshot 3). I bet she was in denial or the aliens messed her up really bad
The next morning she realized what had happened and she was very sad for a few hours (screenshot 4)
Later she recovered and went on a date with freaking Gilbert Jaquet, they woohooed a lot and, of cource, she got pregnant with twins . She gave birth in her downstairs bathroom, she put the first baby on the floor so she could give birth to the second and then she managed to get trapped between the shower, the first baby and the sink (screenshot 5, I had to remove the sink to set her free!).
I named the babies Tristan and Trevor, Tristan has blonde hair, Gilbert's skin colour and Bella's eyes, Trevor has Bella's skin and hair but he has Gilbert's eyes!
Screenshots
Page 89 of 103