Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#2376 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 4:45 PM
Well, one of my huge dysfunctional family, the Krumps, has gone to University. He is living in the only house free with a girl I made especially. She's an artist. He's a klepto who's clumsy. I altered the house so it has two bedrooms. I haven't had time to play them much but it should be fun. He's already had a fight with a woman who came with the welcomers and suggested woohooing with one of the others. Then he set fire to his arm lighting the bonfire I added to the back yard.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2377 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 1:26 AM
Sterlings kids with Claire are aging up. Emily is a teen and Vernon is a child now.

But onto Mack Goth. The deviant clone of Alexander Goth. He hates kids, but he's already had two with his wife, Bria. When he became a father, he decided to give up the harmful substances he was using. Instead of using them though, he started selling them. (Plants) His oldest son is a child, his youngest is a toddler. Maximillian and Hugo Goth. Mack hates children and never wanted to be a father, but he wants to be the best dad he can be and wants his wife and children to be proud of him. He even wants Alexander and his brothers parents to be proud of him.

Bria knew that Mack had it in him to become a better sim, father, and husband. But he was still collecting welfare. (Nothing wrong with that)

Mack had the biggest adventure with his brother, mother and sister in law. Together, they defeated the mother plant of Strangerville!

and then one day, Mack decided he'd had enough. He wasn't going to continue to be on welfare or sell illegal plants. (He's never been arrested or raided!) He was going to go to University and get that education to better his life.

Having never been a child, Mack never had a formal education, but he was accepted into Britechester University's biology course. He plans to get a degree in biology to become a Botanist. (Maybe grow better plants to sell on the side) . He cancelled his welfare check. Bria is so proud of the changes he is making on his own. No longer feeling sorry for himself for being a clone, he's making the best of the life he's been given.
Scholar
#2378 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I was just explaining to my boyfriend how much you're making me dream with your 5-year old save and all your sims. I could never do that. Would you care to share your sims' genealogical tree please ? :lovestruc

@Chax

Sure!

Red: Children with Luna Blue: With Penny Purple: Eva Capriaccosa Black: Claire

This save isn't 5 years old though, in fact I think I only started it last year? However it is what I consider an alternate "reality". In the original save with Sterling (which still exists) he was a butler for Claire Clarke, and her elder husband Marvin and their son Gage. Claire was not satisfied with Marvin and so she seduced Sterling and had twins with him. Although an adult, Claire was his first love and his first everything, these were his first children. He spend most of his life working and this job was a golden opportunity for him. Eventually Marvin died and she married Sterling and had 2 more children with him.

In THIS alternate reality (that you asked about), Sterling was a runaway teen, left home because of his step-father. (While he was on the run he actually used his middle name, Sebastian until he became an adult) Actually, he wasn't even a step father, as it turned out Sterling was a product of an affair as he'd later find out. But he was a runaway teen and married Luna Villareal at a young age, having his first child at 18. She was Paige (1). Not long after Paige, Blake was born (2).

Then tragedy struck and Luna died of hysteria. Only 20 years old Sterling was left alone with two small children. After some time had passed he started dating Penny Pizzazz. They had barely been dating when he found out she was pregnant. A son Lewis was born. They didn't live together though, since Penny didn't want to live on his farm and he didn't want to move his young children to the city, but they kept dating and he visited his son as often as he could.

But Sterling was young and maybe not so committed and loyal, and when he was visited by the ghost of Luna he let his passions get the better of him and before he knew it, she was pregnant. Feeling responsible to his first wife, he invited her into his home. He broke up with Penny, but she allowed him to continue visiting Lewis. Then, Mikaela was born. When Mikaela was 2, Luna returned to the netherworld never to be seen again.

Sterling was devastated, but slowly, Penny and Sterling started getting closer until they were finally involved again. She finally agreed to move in with each other, and then had 3 more children. Rhiannon, Dominic and Jonah. When Jonah and Dominic were still children, Penny died of cardiac arrest due to extreme anger. Sterling had been married to her for 20 years and he just sank into the pits of depression. It was hard enough to lose his first wife, but to lose a second, that he'd been married to for so long.. he couldn't bare it. (I did not plan her death AT ALL)

He met Eva Capriaccosa in a dingy bar while very drunk and had a casual relationship her. A daughter, Stella was born to them but she was given up for adoption by Eva. Sterling was deeply hurt by this but he was given visitation from the adoptive parents, the Pancakes.

It took some time and a lot of help from his adult children to work through his grief and to get clean off of "juice". (Alcohol-I have BD) But he started to enjoy life again and do the things he used to love. Like fishing! That's where he met Gage Clarke, a little boy who lived near by. The boy asked Sterling to teach him how to fish. He thought he was a nice kid, and never saw him again after that. He also met his mother Claire, but did not know the two were related.

One day he heard that Gage's father had died so he went over to offer his condolences. Sterling was a florist so he brought flowers... only to learn that Gage was son to Claire. Many months after the death of her husband, Claire asked Sterling out to the romance festival. Eventually they started dating, married, and he had two more children, 9 & 10 (THE LAST ONES I SWEAR), plus his step son, Gage.
Lab Assistant
#2379 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 1:57 PM
So it was New Years Eve, and i figured it'd be nice for my sim to have a little countdown party at the commons. She invites a bunch of people, everyone's hanging out, I notice they're turning blue but I figure they'll be fine once they spend enough time inside. They're all gathered around the TV, and then...well...

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THAT LOT DIED. Except for my sim who was APPARENTLY the only one smart enough to wear her cold weather outfit. Just...?????
Scholar
#2380 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 1:19 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 20th Nov 2019 at 6:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aularen
So it was New Years Eve, and i figured it'd be nice for my sim to have a little countdown party at the commons. She invites a bunch of people, everyone's hanging out, I notice they're turning blue but I figure they'll be fine once they spend enough time inside. They're all gathered around the TV, and then...well...
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THAT LOT DIED. Except for my sim who was APPARENTLY the only one smart enough to wear her cold weather outfit. Just...?????

omg lmao

Mack's step son Ryland aged to teen and thank goodness because Mack hates kids! That's his bio dad. For a long time his dad denied he was his father, can you guess why??

But a DNA test at the lab confirmed...

Um so this is new..Mack got a Servo and it's male and Alexander got a Servo and its female and they're in love.

Have you ever seen anything so adorable!?! :lovestruc :lovestruc of course you havent. I freakin love these servos

Mack doesn't look very happy about graduating. Well truth is, he bombed one of his classes and had to redo it but he aced it afterward. He just got too stressed out and missed some classes. Also, when he tried to attend the graduation, he couldnt. I took every last mod and piece of cc out of my game and he still coudlnt attend. So I sent him home and guess what! DAMN GRAD CAP was stuck on his head and I COULD NOT REMOVE IT!!!!!!! EVEN AGAIN WITH ALL CC AND MODS OUT, I could NOT remove his grad cap! So angry. SO I reverted to teh second save of this that I have which was saved just before he went to the doomed grad ceremony. UGH

Anyway, he's now a level 7 botanist. (Started 6) Still selling plants on the side. Some people never change. I guess he can grow sturdier plants now.

Mack is incredibly proud of his achievement. He feels like his life finally has purpose and he's no longer the loser of the family. Oh and Bria is pregnant with his little girl. He's not thrilled, but at least he can give her a good start and a dad she can be proud of.
Forum Resident
#2381 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 5:01 AM
I'm really excited to share some pics of my two possible heirs going to university together but the younger one seems to stay a teen forever... Maybe I just put in some random everyday life screens of my legacy.
I mean, I killed of both of their parents to get different ghost types . So, it wasn't such a normal childhood after all...
Scholar
#2382 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 5:31 AM
A little girl was born to Mack. I wanted to give her a kind of old fashioned name like her brothers Hugo and Maximilian, the first name to generate was "Constance" and I thought, PERFECT. Connie is a shortened for of Constance.

Speaking of Maximilian, he aged to teen and he's quite handsome. For some odd reason he reminds me a bit of Gregory Peck??

(Not a dead ringer, which means a person with a great deal of charm)

and then I sent the first Woodward kid, Jonah to University! He studied Physics while his girlfriend studied I dunno the course that lets you be a lawyer. Communications or something. Both graduated with As.

"I am proud of all my children but I am especially proud of you for being the first Woodward to graduate from Uni. I never even finished highschool.."

"Well dad, I mean, it's not like there was always a University here..."

"CHUG CHUG CHUG!"

"Okay ... DAD?"

Both graduated and Jonah will be come a mechanical engineer and his gf will be a lawyer. Working on getting them engaged/married.
Test Subject
#2383 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 9:52 PM
Finally reinstalled the game onto a new computer after a year of not being able to play!

Created a girl named Elizabeth Joiner, moved her in next door to the BFF's in Willow Creek. She started out as a freelance writer but her content was either unacceptable or she kept missing her deadlines. She did manage to get all of her 'rejects' published but the royalties were hardly enough to live by. Her dog ran away, she had her power shut off, and was prepared to spend her very first Winterfest alone in the dark. Luckily, Summer invited her next door to spend the holiday with them. They became fast friends, and through Summer she met Travis Scott. On New Year's Eve, he confessed his feelings for Elizabeth but she wasn't ready for a committed relationship and things became awkward.

Summer started dating her co-worker, Mitchell Kalani. By springtime, they were ready to elope. She moved to Oasis Springs and was promoted to caterer. Mitch quit altogether and became a comedian (albeit largely unsuccessful). The night before their elopement, Mitch was abducted and gave birth to a purple baby girl named Kyla shortly after they were married.

Travis and Elizabeth started dating for real, and were married in a ceremony attended by all of their friends (the BFF's, the Roomies, and Father Winter). Elizabeth and Summer got pregnant around the same time. For as lazy as she is, Elizabeth had a pretty easygoing pregnancy while Summer struggled big time. She was always peeing herself, passing out on the floor, and even had to quit her job. Elizabeth had a girl, Michelle, and Summer had a boy named Jamie. Summer and Mitchell are getting ready to move back to Willow Springs so that they're closer to her friends. I'm pretty sure Travis and Elizabeth will have at least one more child but I think that's it for Summer!
dodgy builder
#2384 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 2:56 AM
I have a family of 3 teens, a kid and a the parents, and a dog. Both parents are at uni. She's a partylion and he's a deadly serious finance guy. How to get all this together is a challenge. How can she have her parties, read and take care of the kids?
I have a mod by littlemissam of what she's called, servants. They have a nanny and a maid, and the game's butler. I made them a massive palace on the big lot in Brindleton Bay. She has to get to know some people she can invite for a party. I ended up making a lot in Sulani for vacations. It's now a beach with beds so they can stay over. I wonder if it should be a bar instead, because I don't want to have to hire the barman all the time. As a beach though they can make their own food. It's hard keeping all these sims with food and sleep
Scholar
#2385 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 5:10 AM
Jonah and his gf graduated Uni , she is now a lawyer and he is a mechanical engineer. They got married and tried to have a honeymoon, but the weather was so disastrous they just went home. No plans to have children yet.

Then onto Sterling's daughter (The one he had with Eva Capriaccosa while deeply grieving wife Penny and suffering from addiction to alcohol)..She married her high school sweet heart Charlie Powers and had a baby boy named Mason with him. But none of this before studying Art History in Uni. He studied History. She will enter the art career and he is a judge.

She is a stay at home mom until her son turns 2 and she'll find a job. Oh sorry about the cat in the background.

This is Gage Clarke-Woodward, stepson of Sterling Woodward. He married Morgan Fyres. They moved into Britechester and he plans to study Biology to be a doctor. In my other file save, Gage is married to a sim born in game and he's a veterinarian.

Scholar
#2386 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 7:42 AM
I finally bought island paradise after I found a mod that cuts down on the child advice annoyances (now I have insane water obsession). Decided to make babies with the island spirits the cheat way. My sims first child would use her gifts on the plants but nothing else. Finally her brother aged into a teen and now the fun in starting. Gave him all the island traits so he's keen on tending the garden. It also seems his sister and him like having lava bombing contests. Dad seems to not want to stay on lot anymore with two insane teenagers randomly summing balls of molten lava. Oddly I find this teen bonding moment kinda adorable so long as none of my sims get fried.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Instructor
#2387 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 8:57 PM
I’ve recently begun a complete overhaul of Isla Paradiso as it is my favorite tropical world, mostly covering it entirely with new vegetation so it actually feels tropical. I’ve essential turned it into a rainforest island. And for anyone with issues in the world due to lag, I will say I’ve found a way to make my game almost entirely lag free. Both using tips that many have suggested but also a few tricks I learned myself. I found that there’s actually a lot of issues regarding the families in the island not just the notorious Scott and a few others. So I chose to delete ALL premade sims in the world along with ALL houses, as houses in Isla Paradiso are known to have routing issues in several so I got rid of them all and replaced a majority with the homes and families from sunlit tides. I ended up leaving many house lots blank. I also deleted all houseboats. They all cause trouble so getting rid of all of them improves the world A LOT. Lastly, I deleted the Central Park to keep pets from getting stuck in the stairs and built a flat one instead. This is a lesser known issue but again, it really helps a lot. My final step was to install the registrar and overwatch mods and toggle off stray and wild animals or at least reduce it to 1 each. Set the overwatch mod to delete unwanted cars, people, and such and you’re good to go. With that done, the world now runs smooth as butter and I highly recommend these changes! If anyone wants to see pics of my new version of Isla Paradiso let me know and I’ll post some here!
dodgy builder
#2388 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 9:32 PM
I continue struggling with my family on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton. I have to make some posts for it when I have finished the Italian Mansion I'm working with.

Big enough for you? It's a WIP.

A pool by the entrance to collect rainwater is really a nice place to greet visitors.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2389 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 9:19 PM
One of my previous saves, I decided to have my Sim turn into a vampire.
Here's her appearance as a human, and what she was put into automatically as a vampire.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#2390 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
One of my previous saves, I decided to have my Sim turn into a vampire.
Here's her appearance as a human, and what she was put into automatically as a vampire.

I thought vampires were snappy dressers. My fashion sense is terrible, but that doesn't look too snappy to me.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2391 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 11:27 PM
Gage Clarke Woodward finally graduated Uni with honors in Biology. He's now a doctor and moved into a nice rancher he can raise his family in.

Unlike his alternate reality counterpart, Gage is a human doctor, not a vet.

His horrible, rotten "fussy" toddler that smashed dollhouses and had meltdowns over existing, aged up to child and I gave her the evil trait because I hated her so much. Her name is Leila.

Seriously I hated that kid. Never had an evil child but now I do. And her parents both have the good trait! Do two positives make a negative? Or something?
Test Subject
#2392 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 4:27 PM Last edited by piratemiya : 14th Dec 2019 at 1:30 AM.
Travis and Elizabeth had boy-girl twins, Mattis and Marilee, who are now children. Michelle is a moody teenager who likes to take naps, spend time alone in her room listening to music, or hanging out with Jamie Kalani (Mitch and Summer's son). She's a solid B student who does her homework whenever she's not feeling too sad or embarrassed. Mattis is a jokester, studious, and always hungry! Marilee is talkative, creative, and rarely feels like studying. Both Travis and Elizabeth had their birthdays and are now elders. Unfortunately, the day after Travis finally retired from his programming job he was riding his bike during a heatwave and died.

Edited to avoid double-posting. Elizabeth only had a few days left to live so she spent every last moment with her family: dancing, hugging, reading to, and giving out any last pieces of advice. Michelle was accepted into college and aged up the day before Elizabeth died (which was two days before Winter Fest). Unfortunately, because her siblings were still just kids, Michelle didn't go away to college but stayed behind to raise them instead. They still managed to celebrate Winter Fest but with a lot of crying breaks. Her boyfriend, Jamie Kalani, moved in right after the New Year.

The twins aged up to teens; Mattis has the Bodybuilder aspiration and Marilee wants to be a Painter Extraordinaire. Michelle wants to become a bestselling author like her late mom and so far has two self-published books. Jamie is a manual laborer (lawn mower) who stays up late researching vampires on the Internet. Elizabeth left behind a small chunk of change but the two adults combined aren't earning nearly what she did, so it isn't going to last long!
Scholar
#2393 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 1:22 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 16th Dec 2019 at 2:18 PM.
I'm trying my hand at 'properly' building for once. Aside from some kinda thrown together one-story houses to put my sim into, I want to make a community building. Specifically, a gym+spa thing. After 50 grueling minutes of not knowing what to do after building a pool, deleting the pool, etc... I have done this.

I am so amazing at building. */sarcasm*

Edit: More time later, I got something going. ...now I don't know where to put the bathrooms.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2394 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 12:54 AM
Ive been playing Sterling's daughter Rhiannon and her husband Brady. They are 20, and have twin toddlers, and wanted to attend University to give a better life to their toddlers. So they have the challenge of attending UNI while raising twins, oh, and momma Rhiannon is a mermaid so she must keep up her hydration.

Though Brady is 20, he looks 18 and people often think he's still in High school.

Brady was disappointed to get two Ds on his first term. But he got an A+ in one class so that was good. He thinks it was because he missed the final exam because of holidays. (This annoys me. I basically have to delete holidays so they still go to class)

Then on Friday, Grandpa Sterling came to visit and he didn't leave until the following Saturday. (a week and a day). I think this is a bug rather than a feature but what basically happened is Grandpa Sterling came over on a Friday, and didn't leave until the following Saturday. His Rolestate_ was as a traveler. After Brady left the lot to attend Graduation, Grandpas rolestate_ changed to a temporary one and he left that day. A visiting sims rolestate_ can be seen using Showsim info mod.

While grandpa Sterling visited, he was able to help care for the toddlers which took a huge load off of Rhiannon and Brady. Grandpa was able to take care of his own needs, he ate, slept, bathed, showered, peed, all the same things a roommate might do.

We even took some nice meaningful photos with the twins before they aged up.

They are named Penny and Sterling after Rhiannons parents.

Brady is getting older now but people still mistake him for a teen. He graduated from Drama, so he'll go into acting. He wants to be famous.

Rhiannon is studying biology. SHe started Uni a little later than him so she still has a week left, but when she's done she'll have a degree in biology so she can be a marine biologist and protect Sulani's oceans.
dodgy builder
#2395 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I'm trying my hand at 'properly' building for once. Aside from some kinda thrown together one-story houses to put my sim into, I want to make a community building. Specifically, a gym+spa thing. After 50 grueling minutes of not knowing what to do after building a pool, deleting the pool, etc... I have done this.

I am so amazing at building. */sarcasm*

Edit: More time later, I got something going. ...now I don't know where to put the bathrooms.

You're not that horrible. At least you are not just building a box. Setting up a floorplan isn't easy. You just need some experience. We have the feedback forum, or the building forum if you just need some help. If you want some guidence we also have the mentoring for builders group here in social groups forums.

My gameplay though. I thought my Iris did a good job on her last course, but they still expelled her. A bit annoying, she will now be a week at least behind her husband. If she can just continue where she dropped off that is.
It fave me the chance to check out the EA spa building though. Very nice thing. I realize I build things too square.
Scholar
#2396 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You're not that horrible. At least you are not just building a box. Setting up a floorplan isn't easy. You just need some experience. We have the feedback forum, or the building forum if you just need some help. If you want some guidence we also have the mentoring for builders group here in social groups forums.

Yeah, fiddling around more, I learned a few more things. Including finally figuring out how to get foundations on a house.

But for my gameplay, I am currently setting up work for a Homeless Mom challenge/general world.
I threw one of the EA-made Sims into the world and delete all the other households. Then fill it with gallery or my own sims.
Just because I am sick and tired of the same people in the worlds all the time.

In a different file, the vampire randomly arrived at night. Had no idea what was going on, haven't had that happen before. Took a pic because his arrival looked ridiculous.
He drank from her! And then disappeared before I could have her be rude in return.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#2397 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 11:55 PM
When you're upgrading the servo, it is a special challenge to accomplish the upgrade behind your back.
You know all that time you spend making and upgrading a servo? yeah, they seem to die really easily at that robot making station. I put a lot of happiness points into that servo and then she went into a critical melt down on when making a computer chip.
EA really knows how to ruin a game, imho. You have to make all those mechanical parts, computer chips, and what's with buying the robot parts? there's no way to enter 200, you have to click once for each part. Does EA own stock in mouse companies? I'm gonna wear out my left click button. Then blamo! Dead Servo.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#2398 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 4:29 AM
Made some more TV inspired sims

Then something...very disturbing happened

Now I don't know if this is EA's newest patch fucking even more stuff up or if it's an unintended consequence of my game being 90% mods. Either way, this creates some very alarming in-universe implications O___O

Thankfully he can't actually act on the want to fulfill that tradition. Can somebody, whose game isn't modded to hell and back, confirm whether or not that shows up for their child sims too?

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#2399 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 8:46 PM
I reinstalled the game and the only newer saves I found was the one whit my furry sims (yes, I love that mod). I have created some new sims and now I try to get one of them hooked up whit Nancy Landgraab. I'm not sure if this would work but it will be interesting to see.
Scholar
#2400 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Made some more TV inspired sims

Now I don't know if this is EA's newest patch fucking even more stuff up or if it's an unintended consequence of my game being 90% mods. Either way, this creates some very alarming in-universe implications O___O

Thankfully he can't actually act on the want to fulfill that tradition. Can somebody, whose game isn't modded to hell and back, confirm whether or not that shows up for their child sims too?

Alvin and the Chipmunks! I love it! hahahah! Yes, my sim kids are excited to woohoo too. :/ But that was pre-latest patch.

Okay. So this is Dominic.

He goes by Dom. He was a very unhappy young man. The loss of his mother really affected him. He made some very bad adult choices as a teenager that affected his current life. He was angry and regretful over what he had done. But he never regretted his little boy, Tristan. Dominic wasn't going to just be idle and feel sorry for himself.

He quit the job he didn't like and enrolled in UNI. Because he was so athletic, he got a full sports scholarship. While he studied Psychology, he played as soccer star for Foxbury, he helped raise his toddler son and became father to a second son, Micah.
Not to be left out, grandpa Sterling spent several weeks with the family to help out. Other family came and went too, but nobody stayed as long as grandpa.

He graduated, won a soccer trophy and got a job as covert operations in the military career, which is great for a paranoid sim like him.
Page 96 of 104