Replies: 1821 (Who?), Viewed: 231726 times.
Page 73 of 73
Field Researcher
#1801 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Name Ever
im really confused about the imaginary friend... my toddler sim had a toy pony, does that mean that if she playes with the pony lots then when she is older it'll turn into her imaginary friend?

Well, you never know. When unleashed come out, it might even turn inta your own horsie! Or, it will get mad and stomp on your sim and kill her/him. I wouldn't risk it.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Alchemist
#1802 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Name Ever
im really confused about the imaginary friend... my toddler sim had a toy pony, does that mean that if she playes with the pony lots then when she is older it'll turn into her imaginary friend?


No the imaginary friend is a doll of a person. The toddler plays with it enough to raise the relationship high enough and once the Toddler ages up, the doll becomes the imaginary friend. If the child was created in CAS, it should have the doll in it's inventory when you move the family into the house. if the child is born to an existing sim it's supposed to come in the mail. I started with a family in the sim bin and that toddler already had the doll in it's inventory. The family may have come with Generations but I'm not sure.
Test Subject
#1803 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyinbmore
No the imaginary friend is a doll of a person. The toddler plays with it enough to raise the relationship high enough and once the Toddler ages up, the doll becomes the imaginary friend. If the child was created in CAS, it should have the doll in it's inventory when you move the family into the house. if the child is born to an existing sim it's supposed to come in the mail. I started with a family in the sim bin and that toddler already had the doll in it's inventory. The family may have come with Generations but I'm not sure.


ohh ok thank you!

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Retired
retired moderator
#1804 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:04 PM
Okay. I have now got the disk and installed the game, and played it for a while. It's good. It's not worth the price tag, and thankfully I didn't have to pay that price, but it's certainly got good stuff in it. The thing is, a LOT of that good stuff comes in the patch.

I love the Imaginary Friend, it's a really, really good Occult Sim. I just wish it could be made into a vampire. But no luck. Hybrids really are a thing of the past.

The water slides are fun. The sandpit is a nice addition. The costume chest... ...meh. It's nice. The new interactions are cute. It's just.... ....still really sparse.

If this pack had come with a massive load of fixes that really stabilised and consolidated the game, I would understand the sparseness. But a lot of our old bugs are still around, alongside some new ones, and it still plays with a really shonky, messy, held-together-with-duct-tape sort of feel. I'd give it a 4/10.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Alchemist
#1805 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
Okay. I have now got the disk and installed the game, and played it for a while. It's good. It's not worth the price tag, and thankfully I didn't have to pay that price, but it's certainly got good stuff in it. The thing is, a LOT of that good stuff comes in the patch.



Exactly what I told a friend of mine. I wouldn't have spent what it costs for the content included. Although I have to admit, no matter how many times I see it, the waterslide animation cracks me up
Retired
retired moderator
#1806 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:08 PM
It's really just left me wondering what EA have been doing with themselves. Even with the admittedly wide range of tidbits offered in this pack, it still seems like we've only got tidbits. It's not that there's less content, although that is a bother, it's that there doesn't seem to be a really powerful set of interactions added in this pack. And is it just me... ...or can Adults and higher not pull pranks *even when they have the Rebellious/Mean Spirited traits*?

...and notice how Childish Sims can't take advantage of the new Child stuff?

(Mobile Motive = Really cool).

I'm shocked at how positive the reviews from official gaming sites have been.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Alchemist
#1807 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
It's really just left me wondering what EA have been doing with themselves. Even with the admittedly wide range of tidbits offered in this pack, it still seems like we've only got tidbits. It's not that there's less content, although that is a bother, it's that there doesn't seem to be a really powerful set of interactions added in this pack. And is it just me... ...or can Adults and higher not pull pranks *even when they have the Rebellious/Mean Spirited traits*?

...and notice how Childish Sims can't take advantage of the new Child stuff?

(Mobile Motive = Really cool).

I'm shocked at how positive the reviews from official gaming sites have been.



Well the gaming sites review it based on the content that's there, not what should be there for the cost. A simmer reviewing it might not be as glowing about it. Then again based on some of the comments here some might
Lab Assistant
#1808 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:19 AM
Quick question about the sleeping bag (if it's still in there O_O; I read in a preview that w would have them? My apologies, my game hasn't come yet and I'm dying to know)
Can you put it in your inventory and basically sleep anywhere? Cause that'd be so awesome. Taking a sleeping bag to like a lake and camping out for a night or something.
Top Secret Researcher
#1809 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joof
Quick question about the sleeping bag (if it's still in there O_O; I read in a preview that w would have them? My apologies, my game hasn't come yet and I'm dying to know)
Can you put it in your inventory and basically sleep anywhere? Cause that'd be so awesome. Taking a sleeping bag to like a lake and camping out for a night or something.


Yes. What not that awesome is that sims are not affraid to use it on a date after watching movies with his date. Mine simply roll it autonomously in front of the cinema.

Pretty funny to watch though. And he got the camping out memory too. Let's hope he's not camping out for "Never Say Never".
Lab Assistant
#1810 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:00 AM
Just adding in about the imaginary friend:

I made my toddler in CAS and he had a doll appear for him when I started playing.
Mad Poster
#1811 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:21 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:14 AM.
At the forums a simmer has posted that their sim child's IF grew up with the sim child, was turned human and had a IF baby. Now the IF child got an IF.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/382561.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1812 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joof
Quick question about the sleeping bag (if it's still in there O_O; I read in a preview that w would have them? My apologies, my game hasn't come yet and I'm dying to know)
Can you put it in your inventory and basically sleep anywhere? Cause that'd be so awesome. Taking a sleeping bag to like a lake and camping out for a night or something.


yes you can, it can be carried and you can sleep anywhere, in any community lot . I used it in tombs in Egypt also
Field Researcher
#1813 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
At the forums a simmer has posted that their sim child's IF grew up with the sim child, was turned human and had a IF baby. Now the IF child got an IF.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/382561.page


IFCEPTION

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Lab Assistant
#1814 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprue
yes you can, it can be carried and you can sleep anywhere, in any community lot . I used it in tombs in Egypt also

Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
Yes. What not that awesome is that sims are not affraid to use it on a date after watching movies with his date. Mine simply roll it autonomously in front of the cinema.

Pretty funny to watch though. And he got the camping out memory too. Let's hope he's not camping out for "Never Say Never".

Awesome, thanks guys! My copy just came in the mail; I can't wait to try this out! :D
Lab Assistant
#1815 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Simmer4Lyf : 21st Jul 2011 at 6:07 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC0722
Was that in response to my post, when I expressed a mostly lackadaisical opinion about bunk beds? I'm assuming so, since it was the only one on this page that didn't express excitement.

I was going off of my personal experiences and observations. I'm an only child, so I had my own room even though the house only had two bedrooms (it had three, but one was later converted into additional space for the living room).

Other children I met, as far as I knew, all had their own rooms. Larger families simply had larger houses. One boy I knew, had a queen size bed in his room, though it was all his own. At least he wasn't likely to roll off of his bed while he slept.

In case you're wondering, I did attend college, but never lived in a dorm environment. Actually, I've never shared a dwelling, except as a kid when I lived at my parents' house. Although I did meet someone who did live in a dorm environment. Even in that case, no bunk beds. They had two twin size beds.

I think I've only seen bunk beds once, and it was at some sort of camp. No, I didn't stay the night.


As for Sims, if a family can't afford a larger house, then I will simply deny their want for additional children.

Now that's another thing. I hope that Universities are brought back in TS3. But I also hope it will be possible for college students to live at their parents' house, or in their own dwelling (instead of dorms).


Wow, you seem like a total stick-up-the-ass, inexperienced, sheltered, douchebag.
Lab Assistant
#1816 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 12:37 AM
Has anybody see this or knows what it means? (The green arrow was made by me and is pointing to this weird effect on the sink.)

The sink was not clean so I cleaned it, but the effect didn't go away. Nothing out of the ordinary comes up when I click on it, so I have no idea.

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Scholar
#1817 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 1:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSmith909
Has anybody see this or knows what it means? (The green arrow was made by me and is pointing to this weird effect on the sink.)

The sink was not clean so I cleaned it, but the effect didn't go away. Nothing out of the ordinary comes up when I click on it, so I have no idea.


Make your sim wash their hands at that sink and you will find out :p
Scholar
#1818 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 8:47 PM
I realised that I really dislike Generations so far. The path issues with toddlers (picking them up, teaching them etc) makes them unplayable for me. Another annoyance is the scolding. My kid sim just got scolded by his father outside the store where he finished an oppurtunity in the store. He went to stand in the corner in public! On top of that, he was doing his homework when his dad interrupted to scold him. The way scolding interrupts everything and happens at the most ridiculous moments, even when they are on their way to the schoolbus, is plain ridiculous. Just as the way you cant interrupt it. Im now avoiding having kids in my sim family or at least use a cheat to put them in teenager lifestage right away. The new gameplay for toddlers and kids is just too annoying. It is the first exp pack that I dislike.
Lab Assistant
#1819 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 10:46 PM
HaHa... Didn't think sims cold set traps without being directed. Love IT!

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Scholar
#1820 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:44 AM
I had a rebellious teen that trapped everything! Sink, toilets, washer, dryer, shower...whatever he got his hands on!
Forum Resident
#1821 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 4:15 AM
funny how i only realized now how much these trees resemble eachother,



Test Subject
#1822 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 11:56 PM
Getting this tomorrow.
Hope it's as good as everyone says it is.
Page 73 of 73
Back to top