Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
Default Pet portraits
Apparently you can have your pets pose for portraits! http://translate.googleusercontent....dvcrtVSIkWtNVXQ (thanks to SimPrograms)

I've heard that this applies to sculpting and something else (photography?) too, fun Would be nice if there were more poses though...

I can see that pet-based legacies would be a blast

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:57 PM
YES, PET-BASED LEGACIES!
On that subject, I wonder if pets can live alone in this game? I don't think so but it would be pretty interesting.

Also, cute doggy.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coddod
YES, PET-BASED LEGACIES!
On that subject, I wonder if pets can live alone in this game?

Not out of the box, no. But I don't think it'll be long before we see that modded However... there may be some complexities there. For instance, to buy a lot to live on, you need MONEY. Can pets have household funds?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 7:14 AM
Hmm.... if they release pet jobs then maybe. Also in the Sims 2 Pets there was one all pet family with about §800 in the family bin.

Accidental Murder
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ViviSims2
Hmm.... if they release pet jobs then maybe. Also in the Sims 2 Pets there was one all pet family with about §800 in the family bin.

I remember them! Two dogs, right? I tried playing them when I got the game, but in TS2 pets must have at least one human with them to make the household playable. I'm not sure if EA changed that in this game, though. Even if they didn't, my legacy will need a human... umm... servant?

... wait, that's a pretty good idea.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:25 PM
Heh yeah I remember those dogs too They were a handful... the female was pregnant IIRC and neither of em was really housebroken

Yup TS3 is the same. You can make a pet only HOUSEHOLD in CAH (the new "Create A Household", what was formerly CAS but with Pets added). But you can't move them onto a lot that doesn't have any sims on it. You can see this behavior already in the "jailbroken" demo. It's exactly the same as for teen sims.

If you want pets for existing families that you created yourself (as opposed to random adoptions), this is going to be the way to do it: create a pet household and then merge them with your sims.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 4:25 AM
So does the same thing apply for photography as well? Because I've always preferred the real-ness of photographs to the filter-overlayed paintings. The only problem that I can see with photography is that the the viewfinder can't be on the same level with cats and dogs (since it's stuck to the sims' POV) so it's a shame, really...
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 9:22 AM
Pet based legacy.

Rule #1: Get a human-sim slave.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 2:52 PM
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had a functioning link for the pet portraits in the opening post.

/Nabil
SketchGrowl Pet Portraits
https://sketchgrowl.com (for contact info, I'm a pet portrait artist when I'm not playing the SIMS LOL)