Replies: 281 (Who?), Viewed: 16950 times.
Page 12 of 12
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 5:00 PM
I very much like that idea! Consider me completely on board!

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 2:26 AM
I was just thinking about this a little while ago, and I thought it would be worthwhile to share my thoughts in this thread as it is appropriate:

The thought was about the whiplash I get sometimes while reading through a Sims community thread while not being aware of the fact that it's old. An example of this would be people absolutely hating the open world that the Sims 3 came with in the beginning of the thread, and now later in the same thread the popular opinion is that it is very much beloved and missed in the Sims 4. A second example is in the beginning of a thread people complaining about all the animals in the Sims 3 being too needy and that the ability to control them not being needed along with wildlife being too in your face, while today in the Sims 4 era pets are seen as being worse than in the Sims 3 era; apparently they are way too needy, there is little to no information about them because their Simology is not available to the player, and people now miss being able to control them and see strays roaming in other worlds than Brindleton Bay.

It all feels like being slapped across the face with wet fishes I tell you, going through all these threads!

Lab Assistant
#278 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 5:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
If there's a want and need for it then, why not?  It might make things a little cluttered to have it in one thread, but I guess if there was some sort of TOC at the start of the post that could work!

Orr we go even more 'learn to program' mode, where we post some exercises and put the solution under a spoiler and help out with any question

Oh I'm totally on board with that. I'd love to learn more about how the game is coded so I can make my own mods!
Theorist
#279 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 6:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCheshire
It all feels like being slapped across the face with wet fishes I tell you, going through all these threads!

I have said this before and will say again. I have played all 4 versions and have likes and dislikes for all. I accept each version as done and do not expect them to be the same or for them to meet every need or want I have. These games were designed for the general player and not each of us.

So for me there is no need to read through all the threads about what has been said about these games. Play what you want how you want, and it does not matter what others have said for over the years IMO. Much is obsolete, much is a dead horse. Just play as you enjoy to play.
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I have said this before and will say again. I have played all 4 versions and have likes and dislikes for all. I accept each version as done and do not expect them to be the same or for them to meet every need or want I have. These games were designed for the general player and not each of us.

So for me there is no need to read through all the threads about what has been said about these games. Play what you want how you want, and it does not matter what others have said for over the years IMO. Much is obsolete, much is a dead horse. Just play as you enjoy to play.

I wanna say that I'm not like, distressed, reading these threads. (the threads are just general sims threads that sometimes feature people's opinions on an aspect of an installment, by the way, and not like, installment discourse (1v2v3v4) threads) I'm saying that I find it interesting how the community's opinions on different installments of the franchise have changed over the years, and that I find the whiplash I get from reading those kind of funny.

I also wanna say I understand the annoyance and frustration that comes from watching people beat dead horses, so to speak, but it doesn't people should be stopped or banned from doing so. Yes, everyone should be cordial about which installment one prefers, but to say that we should only focus on our preferred game and stop comparisons and civil conversations about the installments simply because it may be a tired topic is...well it sounds boring to me. A child has their favorite worn out toy they always go back to and a dog has it's favorite treat that they always perform for, who's to say that someone can't have their favorite discussion? This isn't even mentioning the fact that new people can bring new points to an old discussion, too.

Theorist
#281 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 1:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCheshire
I wanna say that I'm not like, distressed, reading these threads. .......

Your post stated that you are in effect stressed by having/wanting to read all the old threads and you ended it with a help sign. So I simply was saying if wanted just play what you like and not worry about all the old threads and in many cases outdated information.

But if you want to do that, it is your time and we cannot help you.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 1:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
Your post stated that you are in effect stressed by having/wanting to read all the old threads and you ended it with a help sign. So I simply was saying if wanted just play what you like and not worry about all the old threads and in many cases outdated information.

But if you want to do that, it is your time and we cannot help you.

Okay, so I see we're having a bit of a miscommunication thing goin' on due to the fact that this is the internet and tone is hard to detect, but me being "stressed" by the community threads is a joke. I'm perfectly fine cruising the general Sims threads because they're just people talking about the games, the whole me getting whiplash thing was in nothing but jest, my friend. I am in no need of help whatsoever.

Page 12 of 12