Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 558 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 11:42 PM
Default "Merging" Saves into One?
So I have nraas traveller, and I was wondering, if I could 'merge' (by not really literal meaning) the saves that are situated in different worlds into one save? Can I just do some folder switcheroo or is that not advisable and I should suggest save those two households into bin and place them in that save?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 1:12 AM
You gotta explain in a lot more detail what you are trying to accomplish. Are you saying you want to combine all your random households in random worlds into 1? That's easy to do, either with just straight save to household bin or use porter or traveler can get it done.

Or are you talking about merging the NHD file? making 1 world your homeworld and all your other worlds as vacation worlds? Which is also easy to do.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 1:18 AM
I'm reading the original question as the latter. Put a copy of the nhd file for World B from one save into a the save where World A is your actively played world (assuming no one there has ever been to or even heard of B before). Then travel to World B. The two worlds and their sims are then connected within the same ongoing game, assuming the worlds are Traveler mod suitable to begin with. All EA worlds are, there might be some issues with some custom made worlds if they were not given unique IDs during their CAW design stage, while others work with Traveler just fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 3:02 AM
Alright. Just be clear, only nhd should be moved (ignoring ExportDB.package) right? And if I understood it right, nhd stores like the general data of a world

Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 3:10 AM
the nhd is the world itself and everything you need. the export files are for traveling. if you are combining the worlds, you don't want the export files or even the travel files. you want to maintain the ones you already have in the homeworld, whichever you choose.

For example, if SV is your chosen homeworld, then you keep everything in there. Then you simply add the nhd of the other worlds to that save file. You may want to edit those worlds first by adding a base camp.

----

Keep in mind the expectations though. They don't age properly in travel. I just returned to visit my Riverview. The sim I'm using is from Riverview, moved to Bridgeport. Now in Riverview, she is the same age as her great grandaunt b/c Riverview apparently didn't age. I don't know.

When I travel to the WA worlds, selective sims age, while others do not. I had to fix it often, which is ok b/c the population is low and my OCD is high. But I got some kids older than their parents.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 3:18 AM
Ok, good info to know about nhd as that will help me with what I need.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 6:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
When I travel to the WA worlds, selective sims age, while others do not. I had to fix it often, which is ok b/c the population is low and my OCD is high. But I got some kids older than their parents.

I don't know what is going wrong there, but sims in foreign worlds will age (meaning their pending age is incremented each by 1 sim day every night at midnight) if Traveler > Ageless Foreign Sims is set to False in the homeworld. There is a separate setting for each foreign world. They will not if Ageless Foreign is set to True. If you travel from the homeworld to some other place entirely and play the other place as a homeworld, not in vacation mode, then the settings that govern Ageless Foreign need to be examined and set in the other homeworld.

The sims in the foreign world should catch up to their pending ages the next time they are simulated, usually meaning by visiting there.

If you delete the TravelDB file, which is where this pending data is stored, then all bets are off and anything can happen with foreign sims' ages.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 8:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
I don't know what is going wrong there, but sims in foreign worlds will age (meaning their pending age is incremented each by 1 sim day every night at midnight) if Traveler > Ageless Foreign Sims is set to False in the homeworld. ...

There's always the theoretical and the actual and they don't always match.

As far as I remember from years ago, this always been an issue. I don't know how often or not often people travel, or if that even makes a different. But things never work they way they are suppose to especially when this game is so... like overbloated. I don't think the game is ever meant to reach error 12 and every time I reach error 12, there are "tricks" to try to bypass it to save. When those games do save, I almost always expecting something to fail in the save.

For example, someone once posted why their sims outfits changed after they save. I actually experienced that myself, especially when I forced a post error 12 save. Some outfits were not saved properly and so they were replaced upon loading. Likewise, I find things misplaced, like a computer off the desk and on the floor.

So likewise, I expected travel to have a lot of problems b/c of the way it is designed, it is basically save and load.

- I still get the infinite book error when I travel
- Sometimes I still get the infinite limo/bus error when I travel, despite having NRAAS traffic mod
- In a travel world, "some" sims age, others do not. I don't know why or what is the algorithm. I just noticed it first time years ago b/c I had a sim name Coca Cola in SV and she was a young adult every time I visit while other sims in SV were aging. Most of her peers eventually died out, but she was immortal.
- In current sessions, I noticed random sims being generated. I notice a household has a new teenager, I thought it was the SP update, but turns out she is not related to anyone, though she bear the family name.
- I've seen families where the child is an elder, the parents were still young adults b/c they didn't age.
- Weirdest one yet. I find a child in a family, usually a child age, same last name but not related to the family. When checked her family tree... her parents are 2 dogs!

I don't know if you've experience this either, sometimes I play a male sim on a ... *cough *cough* conquest trip. You know, woohoo with as many sims as possible. So once he returns to the homeworld, in the foreigner relationship area, it shows he already has multiple children from those trips... except those children are already young adults!

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 8:15 AM Last edited by igazor : 17th Mar 2020 at 9:11 AM.
Quote:
There's always the theoretical and the actual and they don't always match.

Some of what you report is clearly due to data corruption (e.g., dogs on the family tree). And some of it I am afraid I have never seen or heard of from any other players. But when it comes to pushing this game beyond its originally intended boundaries, I think we can both agree to expect the unexpected and then react accordingly.

I have to address one point though. Am really trying not to be judgmental here because I rarely touch the stuff, but of course that sim in one of your worlds is never appearing to age. Do you have any idea how many preservatives are in Coca Cola?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 9:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
I have to address one point though. Am really trying not to be judgmental here because I rarely touch the stuff, but of course that sim in one of your worlds is never appearing to age. Do you have any idea how many preservatives are in Coca Cola?

I don't drink cola anymore b/c of all this sugar hype thing. I don't want diabetes. :D

But concerning the corruption... I'm wondering if there is any relation to sims that actually visit your homeworld vs those who don't? I'm still not understanding why some foreign sims age while others do not when you return to visit them.

I'm also finding something strange, sometimes... some of my home world sims disappear, they end up in the long distance relationship panel. I am no longer able to track all my sims, so I don't know if the lost sim was once in the homeworld or was always in the long distance relationship world. Some of them are like baby, toddler, and child age... so I can't reinvite them back to visit and add them to the family.

Many of them I had never seen before or heard of before. But there is one time this guy's wife disappeared, but they were still married. She was just not in the world, but was in the long dist relationship panel. In that case, it was easy to invite her back and add her back to the household.

It seems to be pretty random and honestly, it felt like the original EA SP, which relocates and even deletes random sims. I'm wondering perhaps in that millisecond before NRAAS SP is loaded, perhaps EA SP did something.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:25 AM
Quote:
I don't drink cola anymore b/c of all this sugar hype thing. I don't want diabetes. :D.

You don't get diabetes from eating sugar. Generally speaking, if you maintain a reasonably healthy weight and exercise enough not to be sedentary and you do not have other risk factors for Type II diabetes (certain ethnicities, for example), you can eat all the sugar and carbs you want, so long as you continue to maintain a reasonably healthy weight. The problem isn't eating sugar but the fact that being overweight will make you insulin resistant, particularly if you gain and then lose and then regain a lot of weight often. (So-called "yo-yo dieting.) Insulin resistance tends to lead to Type II diabetes, yes, but eating sugar/carbs by itself does not cause either insulin resistance OR diabetes.

*ahem* Sorry. It's a pet peeve. Or rather, it's a pet peeve of my dietitian husband, and it's rubbed off on me.

OK! I gotta say I've never seen anything like what you're describing in my game. Of course, I haven't been playing TS3 regularly all that long, but my Sims do travel a lot, and they all -- both my playables and the resident Sims in the worlds they visit -- age (or not) exactly according to how I've set things up in Traveler. I really dunno how it works in TS3, but in TS2 weird crap like that means data corruption of some sort. Which in TS2 means your neighborhood's gonna turn into a big fiery ball visible from space sooner or later. TS3 worlds don't seem to be quite the drama queens that TS2 neighborhoods can be when corrupted, maybe because you can just delete corrupted Sims, but...Yeah, that sounds like data corruption to me. I've read that among other things it can happen if you use the game's "Save and quit" thing to exit the game instead of separately saving (or "saving as") and then just quitting the game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 3:31 PM
Quote:
It seems to be pretty random and honestly, it felt like the original EA SP, which relocates and even deletes random sims. I'm wondering perhaps in that millisecond before NRAAS SP is loaded, perhaps EA SP did something.

If this is what you are concerned about, then I would suggest switching off story progression from the built-in game options. In that case NRaas SP will still work exactly the same, but there is no chance that EA's progression will take over if NRaas is not loading. I doubt this is going to help or change matters honestly, but it can't hurt to have the checkbox off just in case you already do not.