Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 10:42 PM
Default "Merging" Saves into One?
So I have nraas traveller, and I was wondering, if I could 'merge' (by not really literal meaning) the saves that are situated in different worlds into one save? Can I just do some folder switcheroo or is that not advisable and I should suggest save those two households into bin and place them in that save?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 12:18 AM
I'm reading the original question as the latter. Put a copy of the nhd file for World B from one save into a the save where World A is your actively played world (assuming no one there has ever been to or even heard of B before). Then travel to World B. The two worlds and their sims are then connected within the same ongoing game, assuming the worlds are Traveler mod suitable to begin with. All EA worlds are, there might be some issues with some custom made worlds if they were not given unique IDs during their CAW design stage, while others work with Traveler just fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 2:02 AM
Alright. Just be clear, only nhd should be moved (ignoring ExportDB.package) right? And if I understood it right, nhd stores like the general data of a world

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 2:18 AM
Ok, good info to know about nhd as that will help me with what I need.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
When I travel to the WA worlds, selective sims age, while others do not. I had to fix it often, which is ok b/c the population is low and my OCD is high. But I got some kids older than their parents.

I don't know what is going wrong there, but sims in foreign worlds will age (meaning their pending age is incremented each by 1 sim day every night at midnight) if Traveler > Ageless Foreign Sims is set to False in the homeworld. There is a separate setting for each foreign world. They will not if Ageless Foreign is set to True. If you travel from the homeworld to some other place entirely and play the other place as a homeworld, not in vacation mode, then the settings that govern Ageless Foreign need to be examined and set in the other homeworld.

The sims in the foreign world should catch up to their pending ages the next time they are simulated, usually meaning by visiting there.

If you delete the TravelDB file, which is where this pending data is stored, then all bets are off and anything can happen with foreign sims' ages.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 7:15 AM Last edited by igazor : 17th Mar 2020 at 8:11 AM.
There's always the theoretical and the actual and they don't always match.

Some of what you report is clearly due to data corruption (e.g., dogs on the family tree). And some of it I am afraid I have never seen or heard of from any other players. But when it comes to pushing this game beyond its originally intended boundaries, I think we can both agree to expect the unexpected and then react accordingly.

I have to address one point though. Am really trying not to be judgmental here because I rarely touch the stuff, but of course that sim in one of your worlds is never appearing to age. Do you have any idea how many preservatives are in Coca Cola?
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 9:25 AM
I don't drink cola anymore b/c of all this sugar hype thing. I don't want diabetes. :D.

You don't get diabetes from eating sugar. Generally speaking, if you maintain a reasonably healthy weight and exercise enough not to be sedentary and you do not have other risk factors for Type II diabetes (certain ethnicities, for example), you can eat all the sugar and carbs you want, so long as you continue to maintain a reasonably healthy weight. The problem isn't eating sugar but the fact that being overweight will make you insulin resistant, particularly if you gain and then lose and then regain a lot of weight often. (So-called "yo-yo dieting.) Insulin resistance tends to lead to Type II diabetes, yes, but eating sugar/carbs by itself does not cause either insulin resistance OR diabetes.

*ahem* Sorry. It's a pet peeve. Or rather, it's a pet peeve of my dietitian husband, and it's rubbed off on me.

OK! I gotta say I've never seen anything like what you're describing in my game. Of course, I haven't been playing TS3 regularly all that long, but my Sims do travel a lot, and they all -- both my playables and the resident Sims in the worlds they visit -- age (or not) exactly according to how I've set things up in Traveler. I really dunno how it works in TS3, but in TS2 weird crap like that means data corruption of some sort. Which in TS2 means your neighborhood's gonna turn into a big fiery ball visible from space sooner or later. TS3 worlds don't seem to be quite the drama queens that TS2 neighborhoods can be when corrupted, maybe because you can just delete corrupted Sims, but...Yeah, that sounds like data corruption to me. I've read that among other things it can happen if you use the game's "Save and quit" thing to exit the game instead of separately saving (or "saving as") and then just quitting the game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 2:31 PM
It seems to be pretty random and honestly, it felt like the original EA SP, which relocates and even deletes random sims. I'm wondering perhaps in that millisecond before NRAAS SP is loaded, perhaps EA SP did something.

If this is what you are concerned about, then I would suggest switching off story progression from the built-in game options. In that case NRaas SP will still work exactly the same, but there is no chance that EA's progression will take over if NRaas is not loading. I doubt this is going to help or change matters honestly, but it can't hurt to have the checkbox off just in case you already do not.