Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 368 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 6:51 PM
Default Medieval Florence
Hey! Take a look at the new world I started working on - Florence in the medieval era. This work is still in its early stage.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 7:47 PM
That looks very nice, but I'm wondering what is the performance like when so many detailed lots are placed so close together? Are they all going to be open lots? or some of them are just background?

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 9:19 PM
I`m concerned about that too, and yes, I do intend on completing every lot with furniture. I guess you just need a good computer for this world to run properly. Maybe having your sims not live in the city could help too, so the game doesn`t constantly render the lots.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by engdalmagnus01
I I guess you just need a good computer for this world to run properly.

That may not be enough because the real problem is TS3 is a 32-bit application with limited resources. Primarily RAM will only go up to 3.2-3.7GB.

I did a small conversion of Riverview for my own game, turning the small island in the middle into a cityscape. What I didn't anticipate was that turning some of those sparsely furnished parks into a building and having all those hi-rises together make the whole area unplayable as it lags like crazy and pushed the RAM into error 12 usage.

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612420

The only solution to this is for the player to reduce the hi-res lots down to only 1. Or it is possible that you separate playable lots from each other, with the building in between only as shells with hidden and skip markers.

It's just a suggestion.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 11:06 PM
If I discover that to be a problem when I eventually play-test the world I`ll probably combine lots into city squares instead of having so many smaller lots.

Edit: I just counted, and within the inner wall (excluding the tower lots) there are a total of 90 lots... so yeah that might be an issue