Replies: 44 (Who?), Viewed: 24201 times.
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:13 PM
Default Who wants Strangetown in TS3?
Who are dying to see a remake of Strangetown in TS3? Strangetown is my nr 1 fasciantion with the sims 2 and I would be sad if it wasn't remade in TS3.
What do you think the storyline would be? Any ideas?
I would love to see all Strangetown families put into TS3. I would love to see them as they are when you first open TS2 (the same age) but I guess Eaxis will continue their normal pattern by jumping up a generation.
Adults in TS3 Strangetown will probably be Pascal and Vidcund's alien kids while the Curious brothers will all be elders or dead.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:24 PM
I would too, but with a skipped generation. I liked seeing them all grown grown up when I first opened The Sims 2.
#3 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:25 PM
I think that Maxis likes the number 3. There were three universities in the university pack, and so forth. There were three starter 'hoods in the original game as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see three starter 'cities/towns' in the original game of The Sims 3.

One normal one (aka what pleasant ville was, I think this small to medium sized 'city' is what we've seen so far)

One crazy/odd ball one with more flavor, and potentially, a different climate / different types of vegitation (aka. like the southwest themed strangetown)

A larger one from the first one, maybe in a more downtown setting (apartment / condo living, less suburby feel)

This is just speculation though, if they plan on just releasing one town out of the box that'll be cool, but I would fully expect other areas to explore in future expansions.
#4 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:27 PM
And 3 vacation destinations!
#5 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:29 PM
yes, good point Feenkitty.

btw, love your avatar!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:46 PM
AmarSAcharya, I love what you're saying about oddball place. I prefer oddball places with strange oddball people because I'm an oddball myself. lol.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 6:51 AM
Strange Town is my least favorite but I don't dislike it at all. Ironically I have played it more times than I have Pleasantview. By the way, Pleasantview is the default neighborhood and is probably why most people seem to prefer it more because it contained TS1 Sims. But it is the default as far as game files go.

As for Universities being three, I can almost bet you that the main reason for that was because each of them was created with the idea of pertaining to each of the main neighborhoods. Sim State University looks more like it would belong to Pleasantview, La Fiesta Tech definitely screams Strange Town and Acamedie Le Tour (?) for Veronaville. I have a habit of always making them belong to them but of course that is just my own personal preference. Also, they are listed in the same exact order of the three main 'hoods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie
Strange Town is my least favorite but I don't dislike it at all. Ironically I have played it more times than I have Pleasantview. By the way, Pleasantview is the default neighborhood and is probably why most people seem to prefer it more because it contained TS1 Sims. But it is the default as far as game files go.

As for Universities being three, I can almost bet you that the main reason for that was because each of them was created with the idea of pertaining to each of the main neighborhoods. Sim State University looks more like it would belong to Pleasantview, La Fiesta Tech definitely screams Strange Town and Acamedie Le Tour (?) for Veronaville. I have a habit of always making them belong to them but of course that is just my own personal preference. Also, they are listed in the same exact order of the three main 'hoods.


Everytime I add a university I only add La Fiesta Tech. It does scream Strangetown and it was created for Strangetown.
I think the reason why maxis put Pleasantview as the "default hood" is because it is the normal, ordinary one while Strangetown is very out there and Veronaville is very much like a fairytale. The majority of people are more attracted to soap series than scifi movies or fairytales. And maxis made the most ordinary hood the default because it is primarily a sim game, not an alien game or scifi game. Pleasantview shows us how most sims live. Strangetown shows us how very few sims live (how many people have a test subject at home?).
But even if it is a sim game maxis made it possible for the simmers who wanted some weirdness in their game to have it.
The first hood I played was indeed Pleasantview. I got introduced to sim everyday life before alien abductions (when I first opened Strangetown).
The Pleasantview townies do come into your default neighborhoods and many simmers seem to forget the two other hoods as important to the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:47 AM
Heh, I first opened Pleasantview, played the Goths for ten minutes (including load times) and got bored witless. then I made a new family in Strangetown and thats what I've been up to since. I'm not going to say I care overmuch about the neighborhoods at all, because i don't, but I like there being options. If I made family A and I hate themand never want to see them again, I can go to veronaville. So I just hope there's more than one neighborhood.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 6:51 AM
Yeah. We need a normal 'hood so that we can play the game for the realism part of it, then we need a strange town for all the oddities, and as for Veronaville, it's really not necessary because it is not much different than Pleasantview as far as the way you play.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 7:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie
Yeah. We need a normal 'hood so that we can play the game for the realism part of it, then we need a strange town for all the oddities, and as for Veronaville, it's really not necessary because it is not much different than Pleasantview as far as the way you play.


But maxis always give us 5 families living in the neighborhood and 2 in the sim bin. The families ARE very different from each hood. I disagree with you saying that playing Strangetown isn't very different from playing Pleasantview except for that they are all eating, going to work and sleeping. The "feel" you get when playing Strangetown (only by looking at the desert landscape and houses) is totally different from the feel you get by playing Pleasantview. If I for example had moved in Dina Caliente from Pleasantview to Strangetown the feeling wouldn't have been the same as in Pleasantview. I'm saying the same if I moved Pascal Curious from Strangetown to Pleasantview. He doesn't fit in there and it is much more fun if the geeks live in a geky place. That's why I don't want the three hoods merged. Each destination is losing its charm. I think maxis shouldn't just drop Strangetown and Veronaville after TS2. If they wanted only the Goths and Pleasantview to be continued why the hell did they create Strangetown and Veronaville? And I find Strangetown really developed too. They didn't just drop some families from CAS right in I'm sure.


AH........ Sorry. I misunderstood you. You are saying that playing Veronaville isn't very different from Pleasantview. I agree a little but I cannot say too much because I have only played Veronaville for like.... 15 minutes or something. It is more similar to Pleasantview physically but it gives a totally different feeling. Pleasantview gives a suburban feeling, Strangetown gives a small isolated feeling and Veronaville gives a landly upper class athmosphere.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 7:44 AM
I actually don't want the three neighborhoods to merge. I agree that each has its own charm and should stay that way. I would not mind seeing all three 'hoods exist in TS3 as separate 'hoods but with time having past.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:25 AM
Well, truth be told, I don't really play in Strangetown. I guess, I like reality in games. The whole aliens/male getting pregnant adds a fun little touch to Sims 2, but, it's not to real, I guess. I love the storyline for this 'hood, and I like the neighborhood, it's just, this town focuses around being 'strange' hence the name, x3, and I like reality. I like Pleasantview the most, I believe. I don't really play with the townies, and really like the set-up in this town. You know what, that gives me a little idea. I won't mind if Strangetown really is in S3, but, I'd like it to be nicer, bigger spacious, more room. Because, seriously, why would an alien UFO land in a small little area? Don't all the myths say alien UFOS go for wide open spaces. Why doesn't Eaxis just add a few crop circles in Strangetown. xD Oh, geez, now I'm trailing off my main point...Or maybe I just have to many. Okay, list time. x3

Strangetown not to be in S3:
It's to, well strange [uh..I know your gonna say, 'Strangetown, Mishellia. DUH!' But, I like reality.

Strangetown to be:
If Eaxis adds more areas to build [I'd love building a alien-time 'are they out there' museum, but, I feel no good places to put it..] and added crop circles, or got even more in depth with the point of Strangetown, [or my point anyway. xD] I wouldn't mind. I have opinions.

[I know, I know. My ideas are all scrambled. I just never can have one idea....I always have to kinda throw em all out there. xD]
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:37 AM
I agree that Strange Town should be a true strange town and more elaborate.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishellia
If Eaxis adds more areas to build [I'd love building a alien-time 'are they out there' museum, but, I feel no good places to put it..] and added crop circles, or got even more in depth with the point of Strangetown, [or my point anyway. xD] I wouldn't mind. I have opinions.

[I know, I know. My ideas are all scrambled. I just never can have one idea....I always have to kinda throw em all out there. xD]


Maybe an Area 51 1/2? I just can't imagine playing sims without aliens! I never did get into the whole vampire/werewolf thing, but I love the aliens. It would be nice if they were recognized as 'unusual' by the other sims though.... like at least a doubletake when an alien strolls past.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:27 AM
And that's the thing, because some of you enjoy aliens so much, I don't think EA will be THAT risky as to completely cut them off the game.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie
And that's the thing, because some of you enjoy aliens so much, I don't think EA will be THAT risky as to completely cut them off the game.


Well, of course aliens will be in here, but, isn't S3 based of realism now? Either way, to actually have the game entertaining, I am pretty sure there will be aliens still somewhere.But, in my opinion, we can have some 'strange pack' or something with all those creatures, people who want aliens can buy the pack. people who like realism, just have to skip over the pack...so you have the creativity to pull what you want into the game. I don't know...I'm a mixed up idea person. Maybe even in the pack they can add Strangetown, like BONUS: S2 town included in pack. and people who like Strangetown buy it...maybe.But, thats just me speaking, feel free to go against me. x3
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:42 PM
Bleh. No packs. Please. The game could just have an option to turn on/off aliens/vampires/etc.

It would be no sims without vampires and aliens. *grumpy*
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyrun
Bleh. No packs. Please. The game could just have an option to turn on/off aliens/vampires/etc.

It would be no sims without vampires and aliens. *grumpy*


Or that could work...an turn off creature thing...Hmmm. I like it. x3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie
And that's the thing, because some of you enjoy aliens so much, I don't think EA will be THAT risky as to completely cut them off the game.


And I want MORE strangeness in the game. Many people say that people play TS2 to control peoples' lives. I play it mostly for the fantasy/create your own story in your head aspect, not because I like to control others' lives. For example. I think it's meaningless to kill sims just for the fun of it (and many people LOVE to kill the sims). So TS2 is not all about having control. I am very disappointed if maxis only continue the Goth family and the Brokes. Why did they create such awesome characters as the Curious family only to throw them away????
#21 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:35 PM
I really wouldn't call it "throwing them away". I think one of the points of the game is to do what you want with them. Everyone, of course, will do something different. Because of this, I think it would be hard for them to carry on any storyline. Another thing too, is that we could always recreate them ourselves. I just hope they're not too focused on realism and leave out the fun and quirky stuff that is the Sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 8:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenkitty
I really wouldn't call it "throwing them away". I think one of the points of the game is to do what you want with them. Everyone, of course, will do something different. Because of this, I think it would be hard for them to carry on any storyline. Another thing too, is that we could always recreate them ourselves. I just hope they're not too focused on realism and leave out the fun and quirky stuff that is the Sim.


In TS1 the sims couldn't grow so let's say 10 people who played the Goth family did practically the same: feed them, send them to work etc. So it was easy for maxis to make up a storyline/future for them in TS2. But in TS3 you can do exactly what you want with your sims (100%) and the sims grow. I do see the logic there. But if they don't continue the Strangetown storylines they SHOULD NOT (out of pure logic and fairness) continue the Pleasantview ones either. I would say either everybody or no one. It's no more difficult for maxis to continue the Curious line than the Goth line so if they decide to drop some TS2 families they should drop them all then.
#23 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 7:15 PM
I agree. They shouldn't try to continue any of them. The more I think about it, the less I want them to mess up my Pleasantview storyline. I may end up just remaking it myself. On the other hand, if they do make Pleasantview, they should make Strangetown and Veronaville too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenkitty
I agree. They shouldn't try to continue any of them. The more I think about it, the less I want them to mess up my Pleasantview storyline. I may end up just remaking it myself. On the other hand, if they do make Pleasantview, they should make Strangetown and Veronaville too.


I couldn't agree more!
I rather want to see TS3 without any of the maxis hoods than with only Pleasantview. If someone should reprint a book they would have to reprint all the chapters, not just the chapters that the majority like the most. But I guess TS3 will be no upgraded version of TS2. But I sometimes wish it would. I do want Strangetown AND Pleasantview so much.......


But if there will be a Strangetown in TS3 what do you think will happen?
I think there will of course come new famiilies to Strangetown but now I'm trying to think of a future storyline for the present Strangetowners! (not what I think but what I think will be a cool storyline). Please tell me about your ideal storyline for Strangetown 25 years later.
I'm thinking a bit about the Nintendo DS TS2 game now......

Curious:

Vidcund Curious is in his mid 50s and he is residing with his wife Circe (who was formerly married to Loki Beaker). Vidcund is not far from topping his career as a mad scientist and he will do everything to get there. Circe has become chief at staff at the hospital. Vidcund does not talk with the rest of his family because he sold off Pascal's alien son Tycho to science experiments because he wanted to gain something out of it..... Tycho (who is supposed to be around 20) is missing!

Lazlo Curious (in his 50s too) lives together with his three kids (1 gothic dressed girl around 20 and boy/girl twins around 15). Lazlo is very deprimed and sad because his wife Crystal left him for Strangetown richie Ajay Loner (who owns 3 businesses). Lazlo is in the middle of the paranormal career and his older daughter is following his foot steps.

Pascal and Nervous Curious (who are in their 50s) used to live a very happy family life with their son Tycho but he just disappeared. They suspect Vidcund (who can seem like an ambitious old frog) in selling Tycho but they cannot find a proof so they cannot arrest him. Pascal is a mad scientist and Nervous is an oceanographer. They really want to adopt a child.


Beaker:

Loki Beaker never goes out of his big castle and he never talks to people. As a mad scientist he spends the most of his time in his lab experimenting on his test subject Tycho (who he has kidnapped). He has made it seem like Vidcund sold him off to him.


(I will think about more good storylines)
#25 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:05 PM
They should deffinnattly have another desert highway town! Strangetown or not!
Page 1 of 2
Back to top