Replies: 9220 (Who?), Viewed: 813005 times.
Page 365 of 369
Instructor
#9101 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Why does every custom default replacement eyes have to have this shine drawn into the texture itself instead of having black pupils and letting the games default eye shader do the shine? It's irritating. So many good eyes get destroyed with this false eye shine.

It's probably because many people tend to use awt's eye mesh replacement. It does away with TS3's default eye shine, so most people probably add it to their custom eyes to compensate. Tbh, I only ever noticed it in CAS, never thought it really made much of a difference personally once you brought a sim into live mode.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
#9102 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshong
I don't remember, is there a wish that deals specifically with wanting to cheat whether romantic interests, partner or spouse? ... If so does it come from base game, Generations, Seasons, etc?

Also, I'm curious about the requirements in order for Sims to roll certain wishes such as break up.

I'm not sure on the base game wishes, but I think Generations introduced 'divorce' and 'break up' wishes, but only for sims in the midlife crisis... I've never seen a 'cheat on' wish, but I don't play with too much drama usually, so who knows...
I think in Seasons there is a higher chance for 'flirt' wishes on Love Day, but the target sim is not specified so you can interpret that the one way or the other...
Lab Assistant
#9103 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 8:01 AM
A new stupid question: What is it exactly that makes a smooth sim pregnancy? I haven't had any trait for me chosen for a long time and suddenly I had 2 not optimal pregnancies in a row... I usually just try to keep negative moodlets down but is there a metric for the outcome of the pregnancy?
Mad Poster
#9104 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyrrna
A new stupid question: What is it exactly that makes a smooth sim pregnancy? I haven't had any trait for me chosen for a long time and suddenly I had 2 not optimal pregnancies in a row... I usually just try to keep negative moodlets down but is there a metric for the outcome of the pregnancy?

I don't know the metric exactly, but it helps to make the smooth pregnancy thing happen if both parents read (or reread) the two parental books during the pregnancy. I can see the bonus points awarded for those in the game's master tuning file, but haven't yet found a base score or probability calculation for a happy delivery.
Mad Poster
#9105 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 6:50 AM
Will the sims 3 expansion and stuff packs ever go o sale in steam now that TS4 is sold there?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#9106 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 5:32 PM
Quote:

According to The Sims 3 Prima Official Game Guide:

"Mood is the best way to get the chance to select your baby traits. The happier the mother is, the better. Massage away those backaches. Indulge those food cravings. Pamper her at every chance.

If the mother was very happy during the pregnancy, you get to pick both traits for the baby.
If she was pretty happy, you get to pick one trait and the other trait is assigned randomly.
If she was in an okay mood for the majority of the pregnancy, both traits are assigned randomly.
If the mother was a bit unhappy, then one trait is chosen randomly and the second trait is randomly pulled from the pool of negative traits.
If the pregnancy is a disaster of sickness, cravings, and backaches, then both traits are negative.

There is one more thing you can do to affect the pregnancy and increase the chances of getting to pick those two traits: read the two pregnancy books from the bookstore: Totally Preggers: An Expectant Mother's Tale and Baby Incoming: Preparing with Vigilance. Read them both if you can."

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Lab Assistant
#9107 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 9:34 PM
Very interesting @igazor and @Deshong thank you for your comments. I always thought the books have no influence because I've read it once somewhere. Good to know that they have. But it is definitely possible to get the best outcome without reading them, too. But in this particular case I'm quite sure that the mood was constantly at least as high as the indent in the mood scale thingy BUT I think she was yellow hungry once. Perhaps some negative moodlets have a bigger influence than others? I once heard the opinion you are supposed to hold all needs high and never even let them drop into yellow... it stays mysterious. Just like real life pregnancy :P
Field Researcher
#9108 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 11:34 PM
You are welcome, but just to clarify.

-Fulfill pregnancy wishes such as food cravings, going to the day spa, buying a rocking chair, rock in a rocking chair, buy/read pregnancy book, buy crib, buy toys, etc. (These are all things that help keep the mother happy during pregnancy. Completely ignoring these wishes likely results in a bad outcome. Pick and choose at least some of them to fulfill if not all of them.)

-Relieve backaches by having the significant other massage them or go to the day spa. (I don't remember if the massage table gets rid of the moodlet as well.)

-Overall, mood should be good but this alone does not determine whether you get to pick the baby traits.

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Instructor
#9109 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 7:39 PM
Do singers lose their steady gigs when switching to another household (with no SP)?
Lab Assistant
#9110 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshong
You are welcome, but just to clarify.

-Fulfill pregnancy wishes
-Overall, mood should be good but this alone does not determine whether you get to pick the baby traits.

Thank you! This really made it clearer to me. I will test this soon and see if these tips will prevent another set of hydrophobic alien twins
Lab Assistant
#9111 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Lonerbum : 8th Sep 2020 at 12:56 AM. Reason: I keep confusing Easy Casp Editor with S3PE
Hi I just got back after 2 yrs, is Easy Casp Editor still broken? What do you use to edit package files now?
Theorist
#9112 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Will the sims 3 expansion and stuff packs ever go o sale in steam now that TS4 is sold there?

Steam has sales periodically. They do sell the EPs as low as $4,99. That's how I stocked up on nearly all of them. the only ones I don't have are Into The Future and Sweet Treats (plus I don't buy stuff packs).
I believe the next one is in October but there was controversy this summer because the Sims 3 EPs were NOT on sale. (I just skimmed a page about it).

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#9113 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 2:21 PM
I'm not sure if this is considered a stupid question,but

Is there is a way to make mini sims and foreigners to go back to their original homes in the premade hoods?

Basically, I do not want to delete them, just remove them from the list of sims living in neighborhoods. I often use the boolprop cheat to make everyone know each other, but sometimes you don't know whether they are mini sims, foreigners, townies or npc.
Mad Poster
#9114 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentzina
I'm not sure if this is considered a stupid question,but

Is there is a way to make mini sims and foreigners to go back to their original homes in the premade hoods?

Basically, I do not want to delete them, just remove them from the list of sims living in neighborhoods. I often use the boolprop cheat to make everyone know each other, but sometimes you don't know whether they are mini sims, foreigners, townies or npc.

If you are using NRaas mods, then issuing a MasterController Go Home command on them should help them find their way out of your homeworld. But I think it makes a difference as to whether they were instantiated (animated on-screen) or hibernating at the time, and that wouldn't prevent new foreign tourists from arriving almost right away.

If you are using Register to control tourism, then under Register > Tourists we can Disallow and set the Chance of Leaving to 100. The roster of visiting foreign sims should clear out within a sim day or so, with no replacements.
Scholar
#9115 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:46 PM
Yes, I'm using majority of the Nraas mods (still learning about them), I just find the type of sims confusing in TS3 and wasn't sure if tourists are the mini sims that exist in the premade hoods, as I already have Register set on 100.

Still setting up the hoods, so I guess I will have to wait a few sim days before checking their list (currently moving in the homeless as I know they are safe to play with but disallowed moving with Storyprogession).
Forum Resident
#9116 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 1:56 PM
Anyone know when the "Bloom" interaction is supposed to be available for fairies?
Is it only certain times a day?
Only certain plant stages?
It keeps disappearing on me and I don't remember it being this difficult to use before.
Wondering if I have something that interferes or I'm just crazy, of course it could be both.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Lab Assistant
#9117 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Smyrrna : 10th Sep 2020 at 3:35 PM. Reason: added link
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
Anyone know when the "Bloom" interaction is supposed to be available for fairies?
Is it only certain times a day?
Only certain plant stages?
It keeps disappearing on me and I don't remember it being this difficult to use before.
Wondering if I have something that interferes or I'm just crazy, of course it could be both.

For me it was related to NRaas Hybrid unfortunately It was unstable until I removed it. I think I read it somewhere to, I will add the link, if I find it...

Edit: Found something even better than I remembered: link : Basically fairy energy needs to be less than 80% when using Hybrid. It should be always there if you don't have it in though.
Forum Resident
#9118 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 4:04 PM
Quote:
For me it was related to NRaas Hybrid unfortunately It was unstable until I removed it. I think I read it somewhere to, I will add the link, if I find it...

Edit: Found something even better than I remembered: link : Basically fairy energy needs to be less than 80% when using Hybrid. It should be always there if you don't have it in though.

Aha! This would be the problem.
I haven't played with fairies or gardening in a while so I was unaware.
Thank You.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Mad Poster
#9119 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote:
For me it was related to NRaas Hybrid unfortunately It was unstable until I removed it.

The version of NRaas Hybrid (v11) currently in beta testing but available to all fixes the fairy bloom issue. As far as I know, no one has reported any issues with the new fix.
Lab Assistant
#9120 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 8:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
The version of NRaas Hybrid (v11) currently in beta testing but available to all fixes the fairy bloom issue. As far as I know, no one has reported any issues with the new fix.

Awesome, I didn't know that! It is such a cool mod! I will give it a try when I'm back to supernatural gameplay Thank you @igazor and thanks to the NRaas team for all their hard work!
Instructor
#9121 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 12:55 PM
What would happen if I were to plop down a SHT stage (with proprietor placement and all that crap it needs) on an Arcade lot? Has anyone tested?
Test Subject
#9122 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 3:35 PM
Perfect topic for my question.... :D

Is there a way to give the super-speed animation (used by vampires) or at least a ''super-speed'' looking effect to regular Sims?

I want to create a speedster and having that effect would be great :D

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#9123 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 8:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enable_llamas
What would happen if I were to plop down a SHT stage (with proprietor placement and all that crap it needs) on an Arcade lot? Has anyone tested?

I have a setup like this right now (in Boroughsburg, inside the Bowling Alley Arcade - the stage I think is intentionally the right size for a SHT stage). It works like in a usual SHT venue. My Magician sim has gigs there (after auditioning for gigs at the Proprietor) at level 5-6 with modest success (doesn't attract much audience). Mind you though, that I haven't had any SimFest yet there, which, honestly, I don't miss.
Instructor
#9124 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floraflora2
I have a setup like this right now (in Boroughsburg, inside the Bowling Alley Arcade - the stage I think is intentionally the right size for a SHT stage). It works like in a usual SHT venue. My Magician sim has gigs there (after auditioning for gigs at the Proprietor) at level 5-6 with modest success (doesn't attract much audience). Mind you though, that I haven't had any SimFest yet there, which, honestly, I don't miss.

That's exactly the one I had in mind, lol Excellent! I've built a Live Show venue but may not add it after all. I'll add a stage to the park so they can do low level gigs while they still suck at it

And I'm doing the freelancing DJ thing as well so fingers crossed it works for them too!
Scholar
#9125 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 7:06 PM
I did discover something today and I get so confused I must ask if this is normal or not.

If you click on the treasure chest on the menu of an active sim you will see the lifetime happiness points. You know, those points that your sim can use to bay rewards. I had two human sims and a horse on the same lot and while the pet had a steady number the points of the humans were climbing at the speed of the in game clock. Yes it's true, the number were raising and that constantly. What sort of bug can that be? I have no mods that effects the lifetime points.
Page 365 of 369