Replies: 363 (Who?), Viewed: 171896 times.
Page 15 of 15
Test Subject
#351 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 12:42 AM Last edited by annieover : 1st Apr 2016 at 11:13 AM.
Good evening,

You are correct and thank you very much! I had to turn off net protection in McAfee for this program to run. I really hate anti virus most of the time xD I did however have to turn on my other laptop to extract the file as this Windows 10 laptop will just not accept it Thank you very much for your help as it is much appreciated!
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
Original Poster
#352 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 7:14 PM
Well done, I'm glad you solved it!

Don't forget to turn your antivirus back on, though! Perhaps you can add the CAW folder to a list of 'exclusions' in the antivirus program.
Test Subject
#353 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:50 PM
Bingo! McAfee is really sensitive with and the exclusions list. Also, I did fix the zip folders issue; I installed WinZIP and it works great!
Test Subject
#354 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 10:42 AM
I ported superCAW to Sims3 ver.1.69 (CAW ver.1.22.9.024037). Origin download user can use Edit-in-Game on this version.
download here
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
Original Poster
#355 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 1:38 PM
Thanks @kapaer , I've added a link to the first post.
Test Subject
#356 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 5:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesims1depot
Yes, there seems to be no way to get this to work for the latest version of CAW.

Edited to add: Whoops, figured out how to get this to work! Download "SuperCAW (Compiled)" here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0, then follow the instructions (drop the .exe in your CAW folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool). Click the file to run.


Thanks, you made my day. I was looking for that file instead of just throwing it in.
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
Original Poster
#357 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:04 AM
@nixChips That link is broken; check the purple text in the first post of this thread for the updated links.
Test Subject
#358 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:59 AM
I know this a dumb question but do I need to take out the original CAW exe or is it okay to have both the original CAW exe and Super CAW exe installed together?
Test Subject
#359 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxrage
I know this a dumb question but do I need to take out the original CAW exe or is it okay to have both the original CAW exe and Super CAW exe installed together?


Yes, you can have both. In fact, I recommend having both.

I only use SCAW when I absolutely have to use it for those additional objects. For the most part, and for most of what you do when creating a world, you are better off just using vanilla CAW. Less can go wrong (which is a weird thing to say about CAW but there you go). For me, every world that has ever been corrupted happened on a save or export from Super CAW. So, only use it when it's absolutely necessary, and then ask your self if it's really necessary.
Test Subject
#360 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamericanwaste
Yes, you can have both. In fact, I recommend having both.

I only use SCAW when I absolutely have to use it for those additional objects. For the most part, and for most of what you do when creating a world, you are better off just using vanilla CAW. Less can go wrong (which is a weird thing to say about CAW but there you go). For me, every world that has ever been corrupted happened on a save or export from Super CAW. So, only use it when it's absolutely necessary, and then ask your self if it's really necessary.

Agree! Super CAW is great for items and that's pretty much it. It'll bug out and it hates EIG.

There is no fair here.
Test Subject
#361 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 10:35 PM Last edited by CelebrityWizard : 1st May 2020 at 8:37 PM.
Hello. So i've added the WorldBuilderCS.exe file into my Sims 3 Create a World tool folder, and i've clicked it, but it does nothing. Am i missing something else i'm supposed to add from the file or is it not working?

UPDATE: Turns out it was the wrong location in the files. Managed to get it working!
Test Subject
#362 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 11:00 PM
So I just got a new computer and found that CAW 1.69 is no longer downloadable from The Sims 3 website. https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Is there another place it can be downloaded? I've been seaching Google all afternoon and can't find anything.
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
Original Poster
#363 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 11:14 PM
Try this link for 1.69:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g.../caw/ts3caw.exe

This for 1.67 I think:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g...w/worldtool.exe

Let me know if they work and are the right version for you!
Test Subject
#364 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Bordew5 : 8th Nov 2020 at 12:32 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Try this link for 1.69:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g.../caw/ts3caw.exe

This for 1.67 I think:
http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/g...w/worldtool.exe

Let me know if they work and are the right version for you!


I tried again, but neither one downloaded. Tried in Edge instead of Chrome and it downloaded, thanks!
Page 15 of 15
Back to top