Replies: 554 (Who?), Viewed: 146575 times.
Page 23 of 23
Field Researcher
#551 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 11:45 PM
We have the Missy Hissy's Job Center Discord Server (live, real time chat) with chat rooms that cater specifically to TS3 career modders.

Sims 3 career modding does come with limitations and it's all about making peace with them and finding hacks / workarounds to get as close to your vision as possible, it's a more reasonable (and less nerve-wrecking) aim, I find.
Test Subject
#552 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPat
We have the Missy Hissy's Job Center Discord Server (live, real time chat) with chat rooms that cater specifically to TS3 career modders.

Oh thank heavens *happy tears*
Thank you again!
Forum Resident
#553 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 9:59 AM
@Starsmore
Your idea isn't that difficult to accomplish. Off the top of my head (and I haven't had coffee yet, so this is impressive!), this is your best option:

1) You can create your career with 1 single level. You can have the only requirement for the job being a good mood, so no skills needed. When a sim reaches the top of the progress bar, they gain automatic raises - usually by a few simoleons, if memory serves - if there's no additional levels to promote to. You don't need to set a carpool and you set False for the <HasBoss> field.

Hopefully that helps but feel free to message me if you're stuck with anything.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#554 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
@Starsmore
Your idea isn't that difficult to accomplish. Off the top of my head (and I haven't had coffee yet, so this is impressive!), this is your best option:

1) You can create your career with 1 single level. You can have the only requirement for the job being a good mood, so no skills needed. When a sim reaches the top of the progress bar, they gain automatic raises - usually by a few simoleons, if memory serves - if there's no additional levels to promote to. You don't need to set a carpool and you set False for the <HasBoss> field.

Hopefully that helps but feel free to message me if you're stuck with anything.

This makes perfect sense and feels actually doable 8D
Should I just leave the <str> and <key> parts for level 2- 10 with BLANK or should I delete them?
Forum Resident
#555 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 9:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsmore
This makes perfect sense and feels actually doable 8D
Should I just leave the <str> and <key> parts for level 2- 10 with BLANK or should I delete them?

You can delete them. They're not needed and won't relate to any code so they can be safely deleted.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Page 23 of 23