1 people viewing
Replies: 3725 (Who?), Viewed: 128830 times.
Page 149 of 150
Mad Poster
#3701 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 9:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAsims

Thanks for the link.

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
Mad Poster
#3702 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 3:29 PM
I can't add pictures to my previous post in the usual way, so here's a new post.  I downloaded and installed Mayfield. It is a large, pretty world with interesting characters.

Iona Hooks

Lawence Wright

I've never played with houseboats. Maybe this new world will encourage me to do so....
Screenshots

EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Mad Poster
#3703 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 2:42 PM

Keepin' it classy.  Regina blowing bubbles out of her nose...
Screenshots

Test Subject
#3704 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 9:15 PM
Cortez's son Bently invited one of Cortez's exes to move in with her four kids. I mean he has a good heart. He wanted his siblings to not be seperated. (Nrass storyprogression kept informing their are no suitable homes so I just made it part of my story so I could make one.)

In response Cortez invited his seperated wife who was happy to come back. On one condition, he moves in with only her, their daughter and his son. (She can't look bad now. Abandoning your son looks bad.)

So now they went from a mansion to a small shack. There is a small room with just a bunk bed, a small kitchen and a big nursery, and big bedroom. Guess where the teenage son sleeps?

His current wife Constance went to college. She plans to save some scholarship money to give her daughter all that she wants. (The college doesn't have to know.)

Thinking about letting her have the genie lamp and wishing for a large family. (Behind her husband's back.) What is funny is how she got herself Cortez, cheated in front of his wife (Whichever wife that was.) And the wife fought her and lost. And then she asked him to move in and they got married soon after.

The poor poor children.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
26th Oct 2020 at 7:07 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: spam
Mad Poster
#3705 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 3:21 AM

Don Lothario chillin' in his new apartment.

Being the bias person that I am, this last picture is my favorite. It's so peaceful...
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#3706 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:36 AM
I just finished renovating a manor I built years ago when I first started playing TS3. I plan on moving in my Legacy household next time.
I've been playing a legacy where I started with just the basegame and I'm going to add one expansion each generation. Currently on gen two and the second of my two founder's just passed away. So right now the household consists of my founder's two sons, their spouses, the older son's step son and two daughters. The younger son is expecting his first child soon.
The oldest has been exploring the WA tombs for his LTW and is nearly finished. Only four tombs in france left. Then I start focussing on rasing gen three to play ambitions with.
Mad Poster
#3707 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 2:19 PM

A magician that is dire need of a makeover. Is he a clown or a magician? Also, not feeling the beard.  We do can do better.

The singing is better than the outfit / beard situation.

A dummy being smacked in the head with a dummy. Har-har!
Screenshots

Scholar
#3708 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 1:46 AM
I wont have classes until January so Im trying to give Sims 3 a chance again.

I'm currently playing Sunset Valley and on week 2 and with the Goth family. With nraas mods, they are a bit.... certaintly woohoo crazy. Gunther cheated twice and married Emma Hatch who for some reason started to woohoo with her recently become teen STEP-SON and got pregnant (teen woohoo/pregnancy mod), while he is romance with Bella. After the affair, the chat dialogs got glitch y, so I think she will terminate the pregnancy. All were automatic interactions except Bella because I'm trying to loosely following the story-line and moved in Bella so she didnt romance with some other dude.

I'm not sure if this is because of the nraas mod, but its a bit creepy. Another gameplay I saw family members woohooing eachother automatically (I don't care if it was in-laws but step-children that just turn teens seems a bit too much).
Mad Poster
#3709 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 4:37 PM
I'm spending too much time in this thread as I tend to do when I'm in the mood to play.  I also spent over a hour yesterday making sure all lots sans rabbitholes ( there is no way to add lights that I'm aware of. If there is a way, I'd do it...) had Christmas lights.  I'm not proud, but it was worth it.

Screenshots

Alchemist
#3710 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 6:26 PM
Like I mentioned in my previous post, my little 40th generation wild child Freya...

...finally grew up. As a toddler she had her parents completely wrapped around her little finger and they couldn't say no to that sweet face.

Lab Assistant
#3711 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 10:23 PM
I'm making a community garden for my longest lasting family, I'm up to generation 8, with the youngest being triplets, 2 girls 1 boy. Surprisingly one member of generation 2 is still alive, though she's getting close to being an elder. My generation 7 heiress's husband was killed and she's not taking it well, she wants to remarry but I don't know if she's emotionally ready to move on from him, since she just had his babies. She also recently found out her husband has twin girls from another lover, so that might play into why she wants to remarry so fast. She and her great-great-great grandmother are raising her niece, her step-daughters and her triplets...

this is a mess, I hope y'all get what I'm trying to explain...
Mad Poster
#3712 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 5:56 PM
Nothing exciting going on; the usual shenanigans.  I'm missing the sims from Grey Meadow (even Jonah...wut? Who am I?) so I will be moving some ( read: many) of those sims to Mayfield.

Sunday afternoon, nothing better to do other than hang around the grocery store.  The luxury of not having to live with COVID....

Duke and his wife, Tara. These two love to gossip, about everybody.

It is winter in my game; girlfriend is hanging out in her bathing suit.
Screenshots

#3713 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 9:34 PM
Following his punk counterpart Piers, Guzma also got himself abducted and impregnated by aliens. But he knows he would be a terrible father so he's going to give the kid back to the aliens.

Meanwhile everyone wonders why Cyrus, who acts like a spaceman already, hasn't been taken yet.

Everyone who works in business, their job performances are plummeting for apparently no reason so I'm trying to figure that out and why they get reset to having horrible performance every day.
Top Secret Researcher
DELETED POST
9th Nov 2020 at 2:49 AM
This message has been deleted by r_deNoube. Reason: moved to PM
Test Subject
#3714 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 6:13 PM
Jocasta freaked out over a ghost, and my female sim watched the entire thing happen. I bet my female sim is thinking - "She gets scared too easily."

I wish I could go back to a time when I could smile and it didn't take everything in me to do it.
Test Subject
#3715 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 5:20 PM
After around a year of nothing and trying to have at least some fun with The Sims 4, I've decided that I'm returning to The Sims 3 and my witcherbois... And currently I'm giving them an overhaul, we'll see if my sim-making skills are as sharp as they were
Alchemist
#3716 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:02 AM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 18th Nov 2020 at 1:04 PM.
I actually decided to try Sims 4 again for the second time but it was a total disaster, again. The final straw to my boredom was when - after using a whole evening creating an industrial style loft for my simmies - right after moving in they promptly let me know how bad job I had done and how bad they felt because of it. So, after a moment of this... ...and then doing this to the said simmies... ... I went straight back to my Sims 3 family, especially since Freya's birthday was just around the corner. She even had a lovely peanut butter cake.

Mad Poster
#3717 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:49 AM
Not playing until I figure out the laundry problem I mentioned in the stupid question thread.  In the meantime, Photoshop has a new thing where a person can change the sky which used to be a royal pain in the butt to do.   I thought I'd give it a whirl...

Ho-hum. A boring, flat pic of a lighthouse.

Maybe a little less boring?

Sim Twallan's house decked out in lights.

I like the new sky. The water tower on the left blends in better.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#3718 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 4:04 PM
There is no rhyme or reason to these.  I was doing things while my sims where busy with other things.  Taking candid pics of sims around the hood is my favorite thing to do with this game.

Where are your clothes, child?  I know you have a winter outfit, I checked.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#3719 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 7:14 AM Last edited by HarVee : 23rd Nov 2020 at 7:27 AM.
From the log of Terue Teleka, head scientist of Cronor: "This is Terue Teleka speaking. Hour 5 July 14th, 2525. I have stumbled upon what seems to be a new breakthrough in Plumbot programming. As you know from my previous logs, Plumbots are mechanical Sims that are designed to be obedient to their masters. However, such is not the case anymore. I have discovered a back door route into their programming that allows for free will. Yes, sentient Plumbots. I have copied the code for sentience onto a prototype chip. I am keeping the chip secure in a cache hidden in Cronor. I cannot let word get out that Plumbots can have free will or I risk serious complications with both public and private sectors. For now, to keep my sanity, I have my sister check the cache once a day while I am stuck here in this dark laboratory."

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Scholar
#3720 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 7:40 AM
I finally have a really working Sims 3 game again and I'm busily remaking Lucky Palms according to my utopian vision. I blew up any residential lot over 40X40 and moved the spoiled sims to more modest homes, got rid of the military base, the police station, and the ugly business rabbithole, and I'm replacing all the parking lots in town with more amenities. This is going to be a bicycles-and-taxis town, yes it is. I'll deal with the sims themselves after I have had sufficient fun with the town planning. Soon I will nudge myself to take pictures of some of my improvements (the school, for example, had its parking lot replaced with a generous playground and a small food garden: I blew up the water-wasting and silly moat lot the spa was on and carted the building over to replace the parking lot of the gym, which for some reason had no ladders or diving boards in the pool? It'll be getting a massage table, rock climbing wall, and couple-few yoga mats as well. And it got a little coffee court between the gym door and the spa! I don't think I've ever had more fun playing sims than I'm having right now.
Mad Poster
#3721 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 2:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
I finally have a really working Sims 3 game again and I'm busily remaking Lucky Palms according to my utopian vision. I blew up any residential lot over 40X40 and moved the spoiled sims to more modest homes, got rid of the military base, the police station, and the ugly business rabbithole, and I'm replacing all the parking lots in town with more amenities. This is going to be a bicycles-and-taxis town, yes it is. I'll deal with the sims themselves after I have had sufficient fun with the town planning. Soon I will nudge myself to take pictures of some of my improvements (the school, for example, had its parking lot replaced with a generous playground and a small food garden: I blew up the water-wasting and silly moat lot the spa was on and carted the building over to replace the parking lot of the gym, which for some reason had no ladders or diving boards in the pool? It'll be getting a massage table, rock climbing wall, and couple-few yoga mats as well. And it got a little coffee court between the gym door and the spa! I don't think I've ever had more fun playing sims than I'm having right now.

Sounds like fun and I'm glad you're having fun.  I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Mad Poster
#3722 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 7:52 PM
I got pissed off at my SimBot constantly watching TV so I "donated" it. Wish I could do the same to the simbot itself. Getting tired of this hunk of garbage.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Mad Poster
#3723 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 2:44 PM

It wasn't long after this pic was taken that I decided to take the plunge and annihilate all the sims in my hood so I could start fresh with my own sims, ect...

Last night, this is what my newly created sims walked into.  After seeing this, I promptly saved, shut down my game and went to bed. I have a new rule for my game now.  Unless there is a neat sim in the household and or households can afford a maid,  nobody is allowed to have a washing machine.
Screenshots

Scholar
#3724 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 12:14 AM
Today I learned that the Sims Store takes up a humongous amount of my computer's disk & memory: much much more than simply playing the games. And I think it's why I have downloaded the Canning Station more than fifteen times the last week and not have it installed properly once (sometimes it shows in the folder, other times it doesn't, but it's never present in game). Also the cow pen and the roller coaster keep not installing. But I got some others that were giving me trouble to finally show up, so on I go, deleting & re-installing.

Last night the lack of the canning station was the only thing that prevented me from finishing the Palm Grove Ranch, featuring the deco date palms from Al-Simhara, the harvestable coconut palms from Douglas Veiga, and Grandpa's tractor. And that and the lack of the cow pen prevented me from finishing the Butter and Egg Ranch. Yes, I'm largely turning Lucky Palms into a depressed little Mojave Desert Ag town with a little tourism (including a planned base camp in the abandoned motel at Lost Lake). Jury's out on a horse ranch, though. Anybody have advice on that? I might be doing some light rotational play, but the horse ranch would be nonplayed most of the time. Would it chug along on its own or not?
Instructor
#3725 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 2:07 AM
Magda has been the stylist of Oasis Landing for almost 40 years. The beginnings were tough but hard work and determination brought her to level 7 so far. She's probably going to retire as soon as she reaches level 8. She's 63 now and has 2 more years (days) to promote.
Beginnings

Level 7
Page 149 of 150