Replies: 470 (Who?), Viewed: 56624 times.
Page 18 of 19
#426 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 3:40 AM
Is there anything to treat meditation from WA the same as the meditation you do with the fresh air purifier you get from the base game opportunities rewards? Because if I'm getting assignments to meditate for ten hours and I'm sitting there all day doing what the game says is meditating, there's no reason it shouldn't work towards the goal.
Lab Assistant
#427 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 2:11 PM
I wish for a little bee stats mod. You can see the inner state of the bee hive using debug enabler but I would like to have a easier access to this information. Perhaps something visual on the hive? I like happy bees and this would help me to keep track with their needs
Test Subject
#428 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 9:25 PM
Not really a mod, but a skin that give simbots "sim" skin, so they look like sims with the abilities of a simbot!
Mad Poster
#429 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 3:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Is there anything to treat meditation from WA the same as the meditation you do with the fresh air purifier you get from the base game opportunities rewards? Because if I'm getting assignments to meditate for ten hours and I'm sitting there all day doing what the game says is meditating, there's no reason it shouldn't work towards the goal.

The reward his actuallly It's from Showtime...

that be all..

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#430 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:38 AM
Apparently nobody has worked out how to do it, but a UI scaling mod so I can run the game at 4K (Native or Downscaled) without the UI being tiny as a result.

Also, the subsurface scattering from The Sims Medieval backported over.
Test Subject
#431 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:42 PM
I wish there was a mod that allowed me to operate high school/elementary schools in an open, traditional 9-5 fashion. I know there is Zerbu's mod, but the fact that a bunch of kids would do only skill building activities for the entirety of the school day just isn't realistic. There is another mod that has teachers give lectures, a lunch period, and a summer holiday days off function, but it's integrated into a bigger more adult mod and isn't the primary focus.

I would kill for something like that, but everyone just ran to Sims 4 and I'm stuck like an old fart dinosaur in my Sims 3 heaven.
Instructor
#432 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 5:32 PM
Things I wish for:

A serious fix for groups of sims routing on the same lot. In a game that's supposed to be built around things like parties, the fact that more than 3 sims can't walk through a door into a house in less than half a day is bit of a drawback. I was really excited to see all the routing improvements done in Sims 4, but it looks like I probably won't be ready for a new version until Sims 5.

More reasonable stuff:

- An animation for Nona's Breastfeeding Mod. I've heard that the existing breastfeeding animations in TS4 or TSM won't work? Since ripping the animations out of these games seems pretty well understood, I'm surprised it hasn't been done. I now have a copy of Sims 4 Base Game + Cats and Dogs that my kid plays, so if that animation is useful and there's a tutorial on how to extract it, I might be able to do it myself.

- A lot more Children Can mods

- A lot more interactions between toddlers and all age groups

- More "Do activity with" mods. My sim just went out with a friend to The Old Mill ala the store package. I was surprised to (re)realize that there's no, "Drink Tea With..." interaction when the point of the tea set is drinking tea as a social ritual. I can join someone else at a table, but I can't sit down at a table with my group. I also went to a Showtime show on a date and couldn't get my date to watch the show with me -- he went upstairs on the lot and played a video game. Yeah.

- Ability to make out while watching movies with the store movie screen. You can only sit in individual seats. Apparently the devs had different experiences at movies as a teen than I did.
-- Relatedly, ability to eat popcorn while seated and watching a movie.
-- I don't think I can "Watch Movie With..." on that object either.

As a broader fandom-fusion thing that I've been brainstorming, my kid has gotten into the Warrior Cats Challenge, and it's really captured my imagination. I'd love to see more pet activities overall. Warrior Cats in particular has rich worldbuilding around illness, injury, and medicine. I would love to see a mod with a custom Medicine Cat skill that allows for harvesting herbs from University plants and administering them to other cats. Add in a version of the Germy and Pestilence contagious diseases for cats (whitecough and greencough I think -- I don't actually read these books) and a chance of varying wound moodlets from hunting that could be treated by herbs, and you'd have some super engaging pet play.

I'm learning to add buffs for events using CCLoader, and can use tuning to enable some harvest and eat interactions for cats, but the whole scheme would involve some scripting, which I still haven't learned.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#433 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:23 PM
Being able to make custom traps, such as having traps that apply specific moodlets or potion effects to the unlucky victim. E.G flask of angry bees or zombification In combination with this, doors that only open to sims that fit certain criteria. Such as having a door that only opens to a sim with a specific occult type or a specific moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#434 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoweaver
Things I wish for:
- More "Do activity with" mods. My sim just went out with a friend to The Old Mill ala the store package. I was surprised to (re)realize that there's no, "Drink Tea With..." interaction when the point of the tea set is drinking tea as a social ritual. I can join someone else at a table, but I can't sit down at a table with my group. I also went to a Showtime show on a date and couldn't get my date to watch the show with me -- he went upstairs on the lot and played a video game. Yeah.

- Ability to make out while watching movies with the store movie screen. You can only sit in individual seats. Apparently the devs had different experiences at movies as a teen than I did.
-- Relatedly, ability to eat popcorn while seated and watching a movie.
-- I don't think I can "Watch Movie With..." on that object either.

There is a nice revamp of the tea set that I enjoy very much as I was also disappointed by the fact that it was impossible to get your friend to join you when drinking tea: https://modthesims.info/d/611583/ol...t-revamped.html It adds a nice "Read tea leaf" interaction, too
There is also a join bubble maker thing out there, in case you are interested: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=599396

For the movie thing: Isn't is possible to start watching and then ask to join? I don't have this content, but I would expect it to work that way like the standard televisions...
Instructor
#435 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyrrna
There is a nice revamp of the tea set that I enjoy very much as I was also disappointed by the fact that it was impossible to get your friend to join you when drinking tea: https://modthesims.info/d/611583/ol...t-revamped.html It adds a nice "Read tea leaf" interaction, too
There is also a join bubble maker thing out there, in case you are interested: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=599396

Oh, you know, I've seen that tea set revamp, but clearly I didn't download it. I'll fix that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyrrna
For the movie thing: Isn't is possible to start watching and then ask to join? I don't have this content, but I would expect it to work that way like the standard televisions...

If it is, they didn't automatically sit together. In a movie theater, there are a whole lot more available seats than in a living room. And it doesn't work exactly like a TV -- you can't sit on a sofa and watch a movie. You can only sit in individual seats. That's something else I'd like to see fixed for the makeout reason I mentioned above . I initially made some of the seating in the theater loveseats.

I had my sims go to a movie on a date and had so much trouble getting them to do anything date-like that I ended up temporarily adding the date to the household. I really hate doing that -- it breaks my play style.

Lab Assistant
#436 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:24 PM
I think we need a "prefer to sit together" mod that alters the way sims choose the seating. It's the same for sims in the same household, when one of them sits in the dining room and the other chooses to go outside and eat in the snow
Forum Resident
#437 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:28 PM
Live with some people long enough and you'll prefer to eat outside in the snow too! :P

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Lab Assistant
#438 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 5:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
Live with some people long enough and you'll prefer to eat outside in the snow too! :P

Valid point! So the decision which seat is taken should take the current relationship into account
Instructor
#439 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 10:28 PM
Just discovered my PlantSim can't engineer a baby in the future. Dunno if that's all occults or just the non-CAS-assignable ones or just whichever random ones the devs forgot about. A lot of stuff is banned for occults for no apparent reason -- another sim of mine tried to propose to a hereditary Imaginary Friend (i.e. occult state passed down by parent), and I had to use Mastercontroller to remove that occult and put it back after they were engaged. I can hypothesize the devs not wanting to deal with occult statuses in baby engineering, but there's no imaginable reason the exact same base game proposal animation can't be executed with an occult.

There's probably a treasure trove of tuning mods fixing this stuff someplace. Maybe Sims Asylum.

Test Subject
#440 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 5:44 PM
Wish there was some mod to make walls and wall items better. Like placing windows, doors on half tiles and changing the height of them and being able to place wall art wherever you want on the wall horizontally.
Test Subject
#441 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 1:12 PM
I wish there was a First Person mod like in TS4. There was one for TS2 back in the day,although it's lost now. I want it for TS3 too,it feels even more alive to see the world through sims' eyes. Imagine walking around the whole open world in FPV!
Scholar
#442 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 4:14 PM
Not sure how close this is to a First Person mod but I guess the third person mod is probably similar?
https://modthesims.info/d/625595/th...person-mod.html
Test Subject
#443 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 4:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
Not sure how close this is to a First Person mod but I guess the third person mod is probably similar?
https://modthesims.info/d/625595/th...person-mod.html

Oh I actually use this, it's cool too. But I meant the POV as if you're a sim, you see their hands,camera moves with their head movements etc.
Now If we could combine what I want and the mod you linked: First Person View with WASD controls. It would be awesome
Test Subject
#444 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 9:52 PM
This is going to sound horrible, but I wish there was a mod that unlocked more mean interactions towards sims. I feel like most mean interactions are tame especially between adult and child. And an adult should be able to be mean to their toddler if they wish. (In game only- do not approve in real life.)

And a better arrest system. A couple mods have this right Ani's Daxter the bear and desecrate's weapon mods have this mostly right for their aspects.

When sims do street art they are usually sent home with a fine. After so many times, they really need to go to jail. Also wish if a sim goes to jail so many times, say three, the stay period gets longer.
Lab Assistant
#445 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 5:39 PM
I wish it were possible to assign cribs the way we can beds. Cause I'm about to have i nightmare sittuation with me legacy household for awhile.
Test Subject
#446 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 3:41 AM
I want a mod where the sim parent can drive the sim child to school or the sim child can hitch a ride to school with her older teenage sibling who can drive. Also, I know there is mod which allows children to ride horses but I wish there were animations for it.
Test Subject
#447 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 11:08 PM
I wish there was a daycare mod, or tweak for the daycare profession. I love when the older children arrive, but they arrive late, and don't even stay long enough to finish homework. They are either lonely, hungry or in a bad mood. Makes the job pointless if the daycare cannot provide for their needs.
#448 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 12:13 AM
I wish there was a mod for everyone to automatically wash their hands after using the toilet. I have one that works on ALMOST everyone but excludes slobs from it. Come on people, slobbyness is a sliding scale!
Scholar
#449 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 3:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I wish there was a mod for everyone to automatically wash their hands after using the toilet. I have one that works on ALMOST everyone but excludes slobs from it. Come on people, slobbyness is a sliding scale!

Which mod?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon

Follow me on
Twitter
Instagram
Instructor
#450 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 5:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingFace
Which mod?

Probably Anach's tweak, because it's tuned for slobs to have a 0% chance of washing their hands and is the only one I know of compatible with the latest patches. Google "Anach Sims 3 Mods" and it'll be the one called Anach_WashHandsChance.

I've always thought it was strange how they never tuned that themselves to make it an autonomous action, bathroom sinks are basically useless without it. And then they turn around and do something more questionable like making it so slobs occasionally forget to flush the toilet. Or, if you play TS4, never.

Uhh, gross EA. I don't know of a single person in rl that has hygiene habits that poor.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Page 18 of 19