Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#351 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:06 PM
The ability to hug/kiss people for greetings. It's crazy how this feature was in TS2 and was left out in TS3. You have to shake your fiançee's hand to invite him in as if we're in a Jane Austen novel.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#352 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
You have to shake your fiançee's hand to invite him in as if we're in a Jane Austen novel.

Yeah, I've always been mildly annoyed by this as well. I wish there was more variation with interactions in general, like TS2. You had like 5 types of everything.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#353 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 7:15 PM
I have Sims who greet each other with a hug or say goodbye with a hug. I have also seen Sims greet each other with a kiss and say goodbye with a kiss if they are involved romantically and might also depend on the Sim's STC (Short-term context). Which is what is displayed at the top left corner of the screen and shows the Sim's current feeling toward another Sim.

There are 10 different greets in TS3 using the charisma skill which makes sense as it has to do with social interactions.
Level 1: Friendly Greet and Charming Introduction
Level 2: Amusing Greet
Level 3: Interesting Greet and Get to Know
Level 4: Flirty Greet
Level 5: Affectionate Greet and Smooth Recovery
Level 6: Funny Greet
Level 7: Impressive Greet
Level 8: Hilarious Greet
Level 9: Loving Greet
Level 10: Irresistible Greet

===

Inviting a Sim or Sims inside I think will always have the same animation because the lack of time for the development team being able to animate any more than they already had for the base game. This issue with lack of animations and/or reusing animations that would rather benefit from a brand new one is talked about by the A.I. designer concerning limitations. Yet I wonder would it be easier and quicker to use mo-cap if a future M-Rated life simulator game were in the works.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Test Subject
#354 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 7:58 PM
DJ NPCs for community lot DJ booths
Gain celebrity points from Showtime professions
Gain Alchemy skill from Store cauldron
Make Sims use the changing table autonomisly
Allow toddlers to use the rocking horse (I'm shocked this was never implemented)
Change into swimwear (instead of sleepwear) when using the massage table
Test Subject
#355 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 3:29 AM
@BallyTheDog you raise some good points! I am really bummed about lack of store implementation. The biggest one for me would be the "artisan" skill added with the Prism Art Gallery. We have these wonderful self-employment careers, but artisan can't be one of them. Also IIRC, the items you produce can't be sold at consignment or through savvy seller. I would absolutely love to see a mod that fixes this and adds artisan as a career also.
Top Secret Researcher
#356 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 4:38 AM
There is the Consigner mod at NRAAS that adds other items to the stuff you can sell at the consignment store. Maybe that can be modified?
Mad Poster
#357 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BallyTheDog
Change into swimwear (instead of sleepwear) when using the massage table

They don't??

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#358 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 9:18 AM
My sims change into swimwear.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Test Subject
#359 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
They don't??

They always change into sleepwear, which makes little sense.
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 2:08 AM
I wish there was a mod like the well mod but for electricity. Like you have to use solar panels, wind turbines, or power generators to use the lights or electronics in your sim’s home (no, this is not because TS4 Eco Lifestyle did it).

I’d also like to have power outages, or have the city cut the power off if you don’t pay your bills.
Scholar
#361 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BallyTheDog
They always change into sleepwear, which makes little sense.

I'm confused because my sims always change into swimwear for the massage table. I can't find a mod in my packages that would have changed the natural behavior either. So is everybody else's sims changing into swimwear or sleepwear?

Agree for Swimwear

Disagree for Sleepwear

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#362 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
This type of thread's probably been made before 50x+, but none recent, so...

Man do I wish there was a mod allowing toddlers to crawl up and down stairs. It seems whenever I direct my adult sim to interact with the toddler without picking them up first, the adult walks downstairs, and the toddler walks and blocks the top of the stairs. It doesn't seem to matter if there's plenty of space on the floor either..

Honestly, it would've been even better if EA just incorporated it into the game in the first place.

Anyone else?

I kinda wish someone could fix the drowning animation.

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Instructor
#363 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I'm confused because my sims always change into swimwear for the massage table. I can't find a mod in my packages that would have changed the natural behavior either. So is everybody else's sims changing into swimwear or sleepwear?

Agree for Swimwear

Disagree for Sleepwear

Mine also change to swim but I do have Arsil's Professional Massage Table that comes with it's own npc masseuse, maybe that's fixing it?
Test Subject
#364 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 1:35 PM
A mod which makes Ambition's clothesline to be finally affected by the rain. Sims 4's Laundry Day got it right.

A mod which makes the decorative roof drain pipes "functional" by disabling the rainwater dripping from the roof edges and maybe animating it gushing out of the pipe instead.

A mod which enables Ambition's scraps as a raw material for the Store's toy machine.
Scholar
#365 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Mine also change to swim but I do have Arsil's Professional Massage Table that comes with it's own npc masseuse, maybe that's fixing it?

I've never downloaded that one so that wouldn't be it for me. Wonder if they have a mod that changes the behavior w/o realizing it...sounds like something kinkyworld might do.

Instructor
#366 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 3:25 PM
Could be, I don't have it so no idea. Would also be cool if they changed into the LN towels.
Forum Resident
#367 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Could be, I don't have it so no idea. Would also be cool if they changed into the LN towels.

I've always wanted to have them change into the LN towels after bathing too. Yeah, it'd just be a visual thing that doesn't really matter, but I like small details like that.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
#368 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I've always wanted to have them change into the LN towels after bathing too. Yeah, it'd just be a visual thing that doesn't really matter, but I like small details like that.

There’s a custom shower over on simlogical that does that. There’s two versions, one for indoors and one for outdoors, plus sims enter from the front instead of the side.
Instructor
#369 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
There’s a custom shower over on simlogical that does that. There’s two versions, one for indoors and one for outdoors, plus sims enter from the front instead of the side.

Do you use them? I asked about them some time ago cause the public one caused my sim to get stuck in an infinite shower loop with no way out except a reset. I wonder if the problem's in my game somehow.
Lab Assistant
#370 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 5:55 AM
A single bloody payphone.

I know payphones are pretty much useless these days, but fit they fit perfectly in my retrofuturistic world I'm building.
I don't even know why there isn't one in the game already, there's already the L.L.A.M.A. from Supernatural and the stupid shower from Movie Stuff.
I've found some, but they are mainly decorative, and there was one cloned from a mirror. It would be perfect if there was one cloned from the existing landline wall phone.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Mad Poster
#371 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
A single bloody payphone.

How about a very small room with a landline phone on a table or the wall and a fee for entry set to something like §5 or §10 by way of either the Barrier To Entry ticket system or NRaas GoHere? Technically sims would pay to enter the room, not use the phone, but if there is no other reason for them to be in there wouldn't that amount to almost the same thing?
Lab Assistant
#372 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:41 AM Last edited by BagelTheDog : 16th Jun 2020 at 11:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
How about a very small room with a landline phone on a table or the wall and a fee for entry set to something like §5 or §10 by way of either the Barrier To Entry ticket system or NRaas GoHere? Technically sims would pay to enter the room, not use the phone, but if there is no other reason for them to be in there wouldn't that amount to almost the same thing?

Your idea works, somewhat.
Sims can't use the phone if a door is in the way, and they tend to walk around with it, but it's something.
Screenshots

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Mad Poster
#373 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:51 AM
Oh, I didn't mean a booth (not that small!), but an actual small room. Like a quaint rooming house or bed and breakfast may still have, a private "telephone room" that would be more of a throwback to the earlier part of the last century. And an archway rather than a door might help.
Lab Assistant
#374 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Oh, I didn't mean a booth (not that small!), but an actual small room. Like a quaint rooming house or bed and breakfast may still have, a private "telephone room" that would be more of a throwback to the earlier part of the last century. And an archway rather than a door might help.

Ah, sorry for misinterpreting (please refer to my signature). Unfortunately, my retrofuture world skews toward the later part of the 20th century. An archway doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty happy with this design anyway.

Alchemist
#375 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 3:23 PM
I wish there was smaller mosaic mod like this one in TS4.

I feel like smaller mosaic is sexier and more risque than no mosaic at all, and EA's default mosaic is just plain ugly.

Just call me Nikel
Page 15 of 35