Replies: 468 (Who?), Viewed: 56170 times.
Page 15 of 19
Mad Poster
#351 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakme
I REALLY want a mod that adds baking functions to regular ovens. I don't always have room for an oven and a baking station, plus the baking station mesh often messes with the kitchen look I'm going for.

Icarus' Cook Wtih Any Ingredient mod includes that feature.
Test Subject
#352 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:27 AM Last edited by the69er : 11th May 2020 at 3:32 AM. Reason: Forgot last point haha
Im pretty sure most of the mentioned below already exist, but im really new on this modding thing. Even if those didnt exist, i would like to create those mods, but coding is a really hard skill to learn...

- A working sim-appeal system where it depends between a changing fashion style from time to time (something like trending hairs/cloethes/skills that gives more attraction to another sims but the prefferences changes from time to time)
- A truly working economy system (im on economics school right now, so it will be kinda amazing and fun, at least for me)
- A better dating system
- A vast variety of owning business (business you can create, pretty similar to sims 4)
- A real drinking system (where you can get drunk and have some fun consecuenses with real-life debuffs, even illness and stuff. Not like the NRAAS Drinks which it was a pain in the ass)
- More jobs/skills (there is a bunch of mods but just a couple are pretty good)

I was forgotting a mod which it creates better pre-made sims with good looking clothes (which those are picked by the game considering the current sims traits, age, etc), with family bonds (with another pre-made sims and sims already on the world) and concording traits with each other, not a bunch of random choises made just to fill the gaps
Mad Poster
#353 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the69er
- A real drinking system (where you can get drunk and have some fun consecuenses with real-life debuffs, even illness and stuff. Not like the NRAAS Drinks which it was a pain in the ass)

There might have been a kinder way to phrase that. But just for the record or whatever, that is one of Ani's mods. It has been entrusted in our care since her retirement from TS3 modding, but it was never an NRaas creation. And yes, dealing with drunk sims and the after-effects can be painful. What more might you have been looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the69er
- More jobs/skills (there is a bunch of mods but just a couple are pretty good)

Are you familiar with Missyhissy's Job Centre ? Many of her custom creations are outstanding.
Test Subject
#354 Old 11th May 2020 at 4:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
There might have been a kinder way to phrase that. But just for the record or whatever, that is one of Ani's mods. It has been entrusted in our care since her retirement from TS3 modding, but it was never an NRaas creation. And yes, dealing with drunk sims and the after-effects can be painful. What more might you have been looking for?

Are you familiar with Missyhissy's Job Centre ? Many of her custom creations are outstanding.

You're right, it sounded kinda rude, im sorry. I was looking something more fun, like a "fearless" debuff or "confused" where the social interactions can be envolved (like changing interaction names randomly, adding or disabling some stuff while the debuff goes on), or maybe unlock some wild interactions... So yeah, looks like they focus more on the after effects (which the base duration of the effect last 24 hours with 3 drinks. A full grown sim gets wasted a complete day with 3 sips, because sims just takes a sip to get those drinks debuffs. But anyway)

Yeah, im pretty familiar with MissyHissy's work, i have the psicology one, performing arts, event planner, bartender astronomy, accountant.. Those were the ones i was refering previously. Didn't mention them just to avoiding some "copyright" problems (just read on a mod description a guy who was pretty mad about mention his works previously so...)
Mad Poster
#355 Old 11th May 2020 at 4:46 AM
Oh, I forgot about the 3 sips and you're toasted (or "happy" or however you look at it) for 24 hours thing. Ani's mod can be tuned so that the durations of the after-effects can be set much shorter. I think I'm currently using 3/5/8 or something like that. The biggest problem I have with the mod myself is that the effects do not survive a Save (As), Quit, and total reload so when a sim drinks or starts drinking towards the middle or end of one of my sessions, I find myself adding the moodlets back in manually by way of MasterController, at least when I remember to. Most of my game sessions do not span large numbers of sim days.

I guess we're all a bit off our rockers having this game as a hobby in the first place, but I've never heard of a legitimate and rational mod/content developer becoming angry or claiming some bogus copyright issue over the mere discussion of their products. If they don't want them discussed, then they shouldn't have released them to the public or at least that's my view. Maybe there was more to it than that? What can understandably anger a developer is if their mods or the code used for them are offered up or stolen and used in someone else's creations without their permission. We know this has happened/is still happening with NRaas mods for example, and some of them have been monetized by way of monthly subscriptions and Patreon fees. But while we're not exactly thrilled about it, we don't really have any intellectual property claims over them that it would make any sense to pursue either.

Missy is always happy to see her projects talked about on various channels; she's been active on NRaas, not yet as a contributor unfortunately, on and off for years now. She keeps threatening to get into scripting more, so maybe that is still yet to come.
Test Subject
#356 Old 11th May 2020 at 5:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Oh, I forgot about the 3 sips and you're toasted (or "happy" or however you look at it) for 24 hours thing. Ani's mod can be tuned so that the durations of the after-effects can be set much shorter. I think I'm currently using 3/5/8 or something like that. The biggest problem I have with the mod myself is that the effects do not survive a Save (As), Quit, and total reload so when a sim drinks or starts drinking towards the middle or end of one of my sessions, I find myself adding the moodlets back in manually by way of MasterController, at least when I remember to. Most of my game sessions do not span large numbers of sim days.

I guess we're all a bit off our rockers having this game as a hobby in the first place, but I've never heard of a legitimate and rational mod/content developer becoming angry or claiming some bogus copyright issue over the mere discussion of their products. If they don't want them discussed, then they shouldn't have released them to the public or at least that's my view. Maybe there was more to it than that? What can understandably anger a developer is if their mods or the code used for them are offered up or stolen and used in someone else's creations without their permission. We know this has happened/is still happening with NRaas mods for example, and some of them have been monetized by way of monthly subscriptions and Patreon fees. But while we're not exactly thrilled about it, we don't really have any intellectual property claims over them that it would make any sense to pursue either.

Missy is always happy to see her projects talked about on various channels; she's been active on NRaas, not yet as a contributor unfortunately, on and off for years now. She keeps threatening to get into scripting more, so maybe that is still yet to come.

Yeah, it happen the same to me, switching the duration but after i restart another day it resets, still is a great work (just saying it could be better. Im not a creator bc coding is really hard but if i could i would haha)
It was a large complain about how some guy stole the mod, then another guy use the mod on another mod (it was a skin mod used on a hair mod without giving credits when they post some images showing the mod), then something about someone complaining about his mod... whatever.
Btw thanks to posting the link to Missy's webpage, i saw a post from her asking for mod testers (a old one from feb 2019) and send her a message (had to create an account for that tho). I always wanted to be a beta tester, but a mod tester is kinda similar i think. Hope she replies! (Really thanks for the link, if i made to be a mod tester for her, it will be thanks to you )
Instructor
#357 Old 11th May 2020 at 6:42 AM
So, after seeing reports here and there over the years of there being a "Ask to Just Be Friends" option in TS3, I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to make it show up. I FINALLY figured it out. Well, sort of. I've never had it show up the regular way through socializing. I had one of my sims send a breakup text to the other sim, who ended up hating them for it. The next time I had them socializing, it finally showed up and removed the old relationship (ex) status as expected.

Now on to my point lol. Since I know it's actually there now, I really wish there was a mod to make it work like TS4 (whaaat) where you can use it whenever to end relationships amicably. Not every breakup ends with the two involved being ready to fight to the death!

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#358 Old 11th May 2020 at 9:15 PM
Oh, and something else I just thought about today. Something to fix that cheap camera that is added to every Sim's inventory when a certain expansion is installed (I'm thinking it's UL).

Seriously, with the amount of items that can get stuck in a Sim's inventory, WHO at EA thought that would be a good idea?

Forum Resident
#359 Old 13th May 2020 at 8:01 PM
larger UI w/o changing aspect ratio. My eyes get worse every year.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Field Researcher
#360 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 2:06 PM
The ability to hug/kiss people for greetings. It's crazy how this feature was in TS2 and was left out in TS3. You have to shake your fiançee's hand to invite him in as if we're in a Jane Austen novel.
Instructor
#361 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasTaCopine
You have to shake your fiançee's hand to invite him in as if we're in a Jane Austen novel.

Yeah, I've always been mildly annoyed by this as well. I wish there was more variation with interactions in general, like TS2. You had like 5 types of everything.

Field Researcher
#362 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:15 PM
I have Sims who greet each other with a hug or say goodbye with a hug. I have also seen Sims greet each other with a kiss and say goodbye with a kiss if they are involved romantically and might also depend on the Sim's STC (Short-term context). Which is what is displayed at the top left corner of the screen and shows the Sim's current feeling toward another Sim.

There are 10 different greets in TS3 using the charisma skill which makes sense as it has to do with social interactions.
Level 1: Friendly Greet and Charming Introduction
Level 2: Amusing Greet
Level 3: Interesting Greet and Get to Know
Level 4: Flirty Greet
Level 5: Affectionate Greet and Smooth Recovery
Level 6: Funny Greet
Level 7: Impressive Greet
Level 8: Hilarious Greet
Level 9: Loving Greet
Level 10: Irresistible Greet

===

Inviting a Sim or Sims inside I think will always have the same animation because the lack of time for the development team being able to animate any more than they already had for the base game. This issue with lack of animations and/or reusing animations that would rather benefit from a brand new one is talked about by the A.I. designer concerning limitations. Yet I wonder would it be easier and quicker to use mo-cap if a future M-Rated life simulator game were in the works.

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Test Subject
#363 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 8:58 PM
DJ NPCs for community lot DJ booths
Gain celebrity points from Showtime professions
Gain Alchemy skill from Store cauldron
Make Sims use the changing table autonomisly
Allow toddlers to use the rocking horse (I'm shocked this was never implemented)
Change into swimwear (instead of sleepwear) when using the massage table
Test Subject
#364 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 4:29 AM
@BallyTheDog you raise some good points! I am really bummed about lack of store implementation. The biggest one for me would be the "artisan" skill added with the Prism Art Gallery. We have these wonderful self-employment careers, but artisan can't be one of them. Also IIRC, the items you produce can't be sold at consignment or through savvy seller. I would absolutely love to see a mod that fixes this and adds artisan as a career also.
Scholar
#365 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 5:38 AM
There is the Consigner mod at NRAAS that adds other items to the stuff you can sell at the consignment store. Maybe that can be modified?
Mad Poster
#366 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 9:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallyTheDog
Change into swimwear (instead of sleepwear) when using the massage table

They don't??

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#367 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 10:18 AM
My sims change into swimwear.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Test Subject
#368 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 7:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
They don't??

They always change into sleepwear, which makes little sense.
Lab Assistant
#369 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 3:08 AM
I wish there was a mod like the well mod but for electricity. Like you have to use solar panels, wind turbines, or power generators to use the lights or electronics in your sim’s home (no, this is not because TS4 Eco Lifestyle did it).

I’d also like to have power outages, or have the city cut the power off if you don’t pay your bills.
Forum Resident
#370 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 8:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallyTheDog
They always change into sleepwear, which makes little sense.

I'm confused because my sims always change into swimwear for the massage table. I can't find a mod in my packages that would have changed the natural behavior either. So is everybody else's sims changing into swimwear or sleepwear?

Agree for Swimwear

Disagree for Sleepwear

Follow Friendly
Test Subject
#371 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaaab
This type of thread's probably been made before 50x+, but none recent, so...

Man do I wish there was a mod allowing toddlers to crawl up and down stairs. It seems whenever I direct my adult sim to interact with the toddler without picking them up first, the adult walks downstairs, and the toddler walks and blocks the top of the stairs. It doesn't seem to matter if there's plenty of space on the floor either..

Honestly, it would've been even better if EA just incorporated it into the game in the first place.

Anyone else?

I kinda wish someone could fix the drowning animation.

edgy teenage modder
Instructor
#372 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 1:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
I'm confused because my sims always change into swimwear for the massage table. I can't find a mod in my packages that would have changed the natural behavior either. So is everybody else's sims changing into swimwear or sleepwear?

Agree for Swimwear

Disagree for Sleepwear

Mine also change to swim but I do have Arsil's Professional Massage Table that comes with it's own npc masseuse, maybe that's fixing it?
Test Subject
#373 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 2:35 PM
A mod which makes Ambition's clothesline to be finally affected by the rain. Sims 4's Laundry Day got it right.

A mod which makes the decorative roof drain pipes "functional" by disabling the rainwater dripping from the roof edges and maybe animating it gushing out of the pipe instead.

A mod which enables Ambition's scraps as a raw material for the Store's toy machine.
Forum Resident
#374 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 3:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enable_llamas
Mine also change to swim but I do have Arsil's Professional Massage Table that comes with it's own npc masseuse, maybe that's fixing it?

I've never downloaded that one so that wouldn't be it for me. Wonder if they have a mod that changes the behavior w/o realizing it...sounds like something kinkyworld might do.

Follow Friendly
Instructor
#375 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 4:25 PM
Could be, I don't have it so no idea. Would also be cool if they changed into the LN towels.
Page 15 of 19