Replies: 505 (Who?), Viewed: 64405 times.
Page 21 of 21
Instructor
#501 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 1:23 AM
I know I probably mentioned before, but one of the things Id love to see is a true lag fix that works.

Me and Ritchie have a story blog now!

Francesco & Ritchie's Sim Stories
Instructor
#502 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 5:22 AM
With actual businesses now taken care of by SimStateDude, the only other thing I really want out of TS3 now (besides a real vacation system, probably impossible ugggghh) is a similar system for restaurants.

I know there's BAU in all its terrible glory, and while Ani's mod makes it much better, it's still not on par with the other games. And now I've been spoiled by the implementation in SimState. I'm hoping that somehow that system could be adapted to be used for restaurants as well.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#503 Old Yesterday at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraroc
I know I probably mentioned before, but one of the things Id love to see is a true lag fix that works.

Have you checked out this thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=626985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
With actual businesses now taken care of by SimStateDude, the only other thing I really want out of TS3 now (besides a real vacation system, probably impossible ugggghh) is a similar system for restaurants.

I know there's BAU in all its terrible glory, and while Ani's mod makes it much better, it's still not on par with the other games. And now I've been spoiled by the implementation in SimState. I'm hoping that somehow that system could be adapted to be used for restaurants as well.

Can't help you on the restaurants, though 100% co-sign it. Not sure what you mean by a real vacation system, but do you use NRAAS Traveller? That's what I use for my vacations. The only thing is that it's a bit of a pain to have to travel in-game first to your designated vacation worlds and set up base camps, resorts so your Sims can stay but once you have it set up, your Sims can go there on vacation whenever they want. It's a great way to use beautiful but laggy worlds that you can't feasibly play for more than a few Sim days.
Instructor
#504 Old Yesterday at 7:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olomaya
Have you checked out this thread
Can't help you on the restaurants, though 100% co-sign it. Not sure what you mean by a real vacation system, but do you use NRAAS Traveller? That's what I use for my vacations. The only thing is that it's a bit of a pain to have to travel in-game first to your designated vacation worlds and set up base camps, resorts so your Sims can stay but once you have it set up, your Sims can go there on vacation whenever they want. It's a great way to use beautiful but laggy worlds that you can't feasibly play for more than a few Sim days.

What I mean by a real vacation system is that in TS3, "vacationing" is intrinsically tied to adventuring with World Adventures. Even with Traveler, the game largely treats traveling as going to one of the WA worlds. Even with Island Paradise, you can only stay at resorts in your home world, not while traveling to other worlds.

I just wish they'd made the adventure aspect separate from actual traveling. Even in EA's worlds, you're constantly reminded by the game that you're there to raid tombs for artifacts, instead of having a week away with the family or something like that. But I doubt something like this can really be changed.

Mad Poster
#505 Old Yesterday at 8:30 PM Last edited by igazor : Yesterday at 11:58 PM.
Traveler mod vacations to non-WA worlds do not require a base camp. I almost never use those. If there are any unoccupied residential lots in the world, you will be offered a chance to stay at any of them upon arrival. I usually keep an unused mostly empty 10x10 lot in each world for things like this, and especially so that the arriving travel party does not get stuck on the arrival screen with no place to stay. So visiting actively played sims can stay in a nice (or ugly, whatever they have to offer) furnished house that no one in town is using or they can officially stay on a vacant empty residential lot with nothing on it but a mailbox and trash can, and then check into an IP Resort if those are in play, go spend time with the grandparents, grown kids, friends, or whoever, stay the night at their place, etc. and pretty much ignore their officially assigned lodging.

I never get any fuss from the game about adventuring when my sims are visiting non-WA worlds. Maybe I am missing what is being referenced above?

I mean, I agree it's not natively designed in the sense that wow, you have arrived in Lucky Pines, here's your choice of hotels where we are going to take care of you during your stay and be sure to check out the room service menu or stuff like that. But we can get it pretty close to that experience if we work at it.
Instructor
#506 Old Yesterday at 8:58 PM
Heh, yeah I see your point. I suppose it really is all about the perspective you put on it.

Page 21 of 21