1 people viewing
Replies: 281 (Who?), Viewed: 16804 times.
Page 10 of 12
Mad Poster
#226 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:54 AM
Some of those things in the video are helpful, such as cleaning out the family inventory. It is also good suggestion to not save your house/sims together. However, other things are completely ridiculous.

"if you save your savefile over and over, it eventually becomes bloated"

"Saving as" and "save" is completely the same and redundant, one doesn't give you a cleaner save over the other. When you "save" it renames your old save into a ".backup" and then saves the new one with the same name in its place. When you "save as" you are doing the same thing except it doesn't need to create a 2ndary back up as you are already saving a different file. You should have a few back ups of your save, but a new one each time is redundant. Save in rotation of 3-4 and you'll be fine.

Saves get bloated if you do not clean with Kuree's savegame cleaner and NRAAS errortrap. It also gets bloated because of how large your game gets from over furnishing and most importantly, your family tree, which grows exponentially per generation.

The whole thing about cleaning your user folder makes no sense because it asked first to remove all the big folders such as your mods, dccache, etc... which are the folders that have the most potential to be corrupt to begin with. After removing them, what else is there left to lag the game? The caches can be deleted and refreshed without needing to redo a whole folder overhaul.

Just make sure you test every CC/mods you add (in a temp folder in your mods and test for a month or more before moving it to your main mods folder) and at first sign of glitch, remove them. Caches should be cleared periodically when there is problem, otherwise leave them be.

If anything, I find it is necessary to do a full town reset with NRAAS MC periodically to keep the game clean. But make sure you clean family inventory b/c it does flush a lot of objects into it during reset. Let Kurees' and errortrap do everything else automatically and your game should be fine.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 1:14 AM Last edited by LittleCheshire : 20th Oct 2020 at 2:04 AM.
Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread, been battling mental illness. But I wanted to touch on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Much of what was removed from TS2 in TS3, such as the animation details / deeper relationships and genetics, were b/c the hardware limitation of the time to run an open world TS3.


I'm kind of on the fence about this...I mean, are you sure? The omission of deeper relationships and more complex genetics--the pet genetics outsold but that's not here right now--I can truly understand. Just imagining any 2009 based CPU trying to compute all that in a world with tens, maybe hundreds of sims, genuinely makes me shudder. It reminds me of when the official Sims Twitter posted a picture of the Sims 3 in game with an ungodly amount of sims crowded in a single area. Sure, it was probably a render, but it still gives me nightmarish images of a CPU bursting into flames.

But...animations? And to a very lesser extent, more, or better interactions? Would that really be so hard considering the devs were reusing animations from the Sims 2 left and right? You're saying they couldn't have done that some more, especially in the case of the sims teleporting into their cars? Or they couldn't have added an animation for getting on a broom or a bicycle? I'm pretty sure more simple animations on a global level would not do any harm, since we already have animations being used on a global level; sims do not sit stagnant in their houses all day, every day, after all. They do things and therefore perform animations.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Mad Poster
#228 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 3:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCheshire
But...animations? And to a very lesser extent, more, or better interactions? Would that really be so hard considering the devs were reusing animations from the Sims 2 left and right? You're saying they couldn't have done that some more, especially in the case of the sims teleporting into their cars?


Well...

1) To support your point is the failure of TS4. Because TS4 is already back to a dollhouse, they should've then included all those missing things from TS2. But they didn't. So it may just be their engineers getting sloppy and lazy and TS4 would be the proof of that. However, we're not sure, or at least I'm not sure, if the same team that made TS2 also made TS3 and TS4. But it is a fair point how lazy EA has become.

2) To counter your point would probably be Island Paradise. I mean, nobody really thought adding a minor animation of boat routing would cause such tremendous lag, but apparently it does when you have a whole world population constantly switching from taxi to boat taxi throughout the gameplay. Also various mods out there kinda support this as well because the more mods and interactions you interject, the slower and more blocky the game runs. In fact, mods that interject sim interactions are known to cause click delays. What about animations? Well, every bit of animation requires more CPU. I mean, watching your sims get in a car is not a big deal. But say dozens of sims getting into taxis at the same time... that might lag the game big time. And since we probably won't see most of them, it is one of those background wasting resources which they cut out.

For example, non-active sims at home are in hibernation idle mode I believe. Imagine if every sim in the game is doing everything such as eating, going to toilet, etc...

So it's probably the combination of both.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:32 AM Last edited by LittleCheshire : 29th Oct 2020 at 9:30 AM.
Eh...I don't think I'll be convinced on this thing. I'm pretty sure the issue with the water taxis was routing, not anything to do with animations.

I love the Sims 3, I really do, but I won't say it's the best until I've played the Sims 2. After all, the only major, really important things the Sims 3 brought to the table were Open World, Create-A-Style, and Story Progression, which everyone knows is not the best and needs mods to fix. There are smaller things that it brought to the table, but I'm too tired to reach into the inside of my brain to pull them out.

But overall what I really mean is a phrase I remember seeing somewhere on the forms, the Sims 3 and the Sims 2 are a quality vs quantity issue. I would use the Sims 3 Pets, and Cats & Dogs as an example, but my tryst with Cats & Dogs was so long ago that I can't properly compare which animals feel the most like animals when given their full autonomy. But so far, I hear in the community that the Sims 4 is the best installment in the series in regards to autonomous behavior for the pets, and that the removal of pet playability was ultimately a good decision.

That's yet to be seen in my eyes, though.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 5:21 PM
Cats & Dogs were probably the worst EP for Sims 4. Not only they cut off the horses (and I've bet you they'll bring them back in some farmer EP or GP, mark my words on that), but they also cut off small pets that were there in animal EPs since Sims 1 Unleashed, only to bring them back in SP for EP and removed the biggest selling point of Sims 3 Pets, controllable pets. Do you still remember "be a pet, have a pet" from Sims 3 Pets trailers? And the skunk. Don't let me start about skunk. I loved skunks in Sims 1 and 2 and was really disappointed they removed them in 3. So, I was excited when I've heard they brought it back in 4, until I've found out it's just a bush that will spray you or your pet. Really Maxis? How much cheaper could you get? There were some good things in Cats & Dogs, like the Vet Clinic or possibility to create puppies and kitties in CAS, but the bad things far outweigh the good things and it's sad, because pets EPs were always amongst my most favourite, but not this time.
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 7:48 PM
I am with you 110% on Cats and Dogs. For me it was the point at which I know I would never move on to 4 in any serious capacity. The only thing about it I thought was good was the vet career as I had planned to became one myself since i was fairly younge.
It is cool i guess to be able to make kittens and puppys in CAP, but honestly CAP is so bad in my opinion I just can't care about that. And since baby animals can only inherit on parents coat or the others and not a mix of both, breeding them to me is pointless and shallow.
But not controlling pets is what really gets me. Acualy more so the people who defend it being removed is what really gets under my skin.
The other night while I was playing my game I had on one of lilsimsie stream archive vods for back ground noise. At one point she started a bit of a rant about how TS4 pets are better then TS3 pets because they're not controllable. Right it's soooo much better that players don't have a chose in how to play their game.
I got so work up that I left a rather passionate comment on the vidoe and then shut it off.
It just really deeply aggravates me at the mental gymnastics people use to defend TS4's constant removal of player chose.
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 10:20 PM
Funny, I think I know which video(s) you're talking about, Key.

But hey, I'm not saying that EA splitting up the pets pack was good, or that them not making pets controllable was good. I'm saying that there are Sims 4 simmers that say the Sims 4 has the best pets because they're not controllable and therefore they act more like pets. What's being argued is that the pets in Sims 4 have the best A.I and well, I don't have the Cats & Dogs expansion (yet) so I can't confirm that.

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it I would love to make an entire thread comparing the dogs and cats in both installments someday. No one would be interested in it but me, but it would be hella fun for yours truly; the pets expansion packs will always be my cinnamon and butter and I will take any opportunity to talk about them to other people.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM
Do it, LittleCheshire. You will have at least one interested reader in me I've heard that before too and I am interested if it's true, since comments bellow Red Plumbob's dogs and cats comparison videos don't really confirm that for me, especially after some people started there a debate over how their Sims 4 pets are afraid of some things without any real reason. That doesn't sound like good AI for me. It sounds more like creators putting this thing to annoy players
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 1:03 AM Last edited by LittleCheshire : 31st Oct 2020 at 1:21 AM.
I find it hilarious that you said that Peno, because as soon as I finished typing that response I got my filthy ****** hands on Cats & Dogs free of charge and started thinking of how I would set up the Test Families and format the future topic on here. It's very much still in the brainstorming stages--only the Cat Owner sims for each game have been created so far--but really this project is more of a study than it is an experiment since all I really have to do is have a house, have the basic necessities for the animals, and just watch to see if they are capable of caring for themselves without Godly Intervention and if their traits ever affect their behavior. Unfortunately, this particular study will have to wait until I can get my new computer up and running since right now my current gaming laptop is seriously getting ready to give out on me.

But besides that, I might actually be doing the Sims Wiki a favor. Did you know that almost all the "attributes" sections of the various pet traits for the Sims 4 are empty? Apparently for a lot of the traits no one knows if they have any actual effect. I find that hard to believe. 34 pet traits in all and they're all superficial? Yikes if true!

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 1:55 AM
Littlecheshire I didn't think you where saying that at all which is why I agreed.
I don't really know about the AI for pets in 4 either as although I do have TS4 and C&Ds I play it so rarely it's not installed on either my Lap or desktop at the moment. But that said I've never had an issue with the AI in TS3. In fact I'm still blown away at how active and detailed pet behavior in the sims 3 is even when left on their own. In TS2 the AI for pets is so restrictive that often times I would feel that my animals got stuck in loops of eat , run around, lay on bed , chew/scratch and repeat unless something external interrupted like interactions with a sim or other pet. Even then the options where pretty limited. So comeing from that to pets in 3 was pretty mindblowing to me as it is. I nearly lost my self when my first TS3 cat was playing on the carpet and got her claw caught, something my RL kitten was doing all the time at that point. Point is I think TS3 pets act plenty like their RL counterparts when left to their own devices. And honestly of the YTers Ive heard say TS4 pets behave more realistically are all playing on speed 3 barly paying attention to most of their sims let alone their pets. So how would they know?
Personally when my households have pets I tend to not control them but like to watch what they get up to when my sims are busy.
On a side not I wonder of the glitch in 4 where pets couldn't path to pet objects on another floor is still peasant.
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 2:10 AM Last edited by peno : 31st Oct 2020 at 2:44 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCheshire
I find it hilarious that you said that Peno, because as soon as I finished typing that response I got my filthy ****** hands on Cats & Dogs free of charge and started thinking of how I would set up the Test Families and format the future topic on here. It's very much still in the brainstorming stages--only the Cat Owner sims for each game have been created so far--but really this project is more of a study than it is an experiment since all I really have to do is have a house, have the basic necessities for the animals, and just watch to see if they are capable of caring for themselves without Godly Intervention and if their traits ever affect their behavior. Unfortunately, this particular study will have to wait until I can get my new computer up and running since right now my current gaming laptop is seriously getting ready to give out on me.

But besides that, I might actually be doing the Sims Wiki a favor. Did you know that almost all the "attributes" sections of the various pet traits for the Sims 4 are empty? Apparently for a lot of the traits no one knows if they have any actual effect. I find that hard to believe. 34 pet traits in all and they're all superficial? Yikes if true!

Totally understand the hardware issues. For the past two weeks I was trying to find out why my computer is turning off by itself and it couldn't come in a worse time, since my country is now under a whole new lockdown and I did not have anyone to turn to. So, well, after ruling out overheating of any component and HDD failure, I concentrated on memory, but that was not the case either. Sadly, I did not have anywhere to test the motherboard and graphics card, but the more I've read similar cases on the net, the more I went to the conclusion it may be PSU, so I ordered a new one and installed it in Monday and so far it seems to work and my comp even got more silent than I ever remember it, But I am a little worried about GPU temps now, since they are higher than I remember them to be, but still acceptable and the comp seems stable even during gameplay, so I hope my worries are unfounded.

But anyway, good luck with your computer and I am looking forward to the results of your research.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 8:19 AM Last edited by LittleCheshire : 31st Oct 2020 at 8:40 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyqueen
Littlecheshire I didn't think you where saying that at all which is why I agreed.
I don't really know about the AI for pets in 4 either as although I do have TS4 and C&Ds I play it so rarely it's not installed on either my Lap or desktop at the moment. But that said I've never had an issue with the AI in TS3. In fact I'm still blown away at how active and detailed pet behavior in the sims 3 is even when left on their own. In TS2 the AI for pets is so restrictive that often times I would feel that my animals got stuck in loops of eat , run around, lay on bed , chew/scratch and repeat unless something external interrupted like interactions with a sim or other pet. Even then the options where pretty limited. So comeing from that to pets in 3 was pretty mindblowing to me as it is. I nearly lost my self when my first TS3 cat was playing on the carpet and got her claw caught, something my RL kitten was doing all the time at that point. Point is I think TS3 pets act plenty like their RL counterparts when left to their own devices. And honestly of the YTers Ive heard say TS4 pets behave more realistically are all playing on speed 3 barly paying attention to most of their sims let alone their pets. So how would they know?


Oh, okay! Sorry if it sounded like I was kind of aggressive, I misunderstood! And hey, you have a point at the end, though. If you don't really pay close attention to something how can you know about it for sure. Looks like the study I've been planning out in my head will be interesting after all.

Also, that's adorable how your cat got her claw stuck. I think that's only happened to me once, and that's most likely because I play the sims sparingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peno
Totally understand the hardware issues. For the past two weeks I was trying to find out why my computer is turning off by itself and it couldn't come in a worse time, since my country is now under a whole new lockdown and I did not have anyone to turn to. So, well, after ruling out overheating of any component and HDD failure, I concentrated on memory, but that was not the case either. Sadly, I did not have anywhere to test the motherboard and graphics card, but the more I've read similar cases on the net, the more I went to the conclusion it may be PSU, so I ordered a new one and installed it in Monday and so far it seems to work and my comp even got more silent than I ever remember it, But I am a little worried about GPU temps now, since they are higher than I remember them to be, but still acceptable and the comp seems stable even during gameplay, so I hope my worries are unfounded.

But anyway, good luck with your computer and I am looking forward to the results of your research.


Thank you for the luck! Hopefully I'll be able to get the new desktop running by at least January 2021 so I can start the study; I hope the results will be interesting!

I'm wishing you luck too, cause that computer situation sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'm hoping that everything works out for you!

But on to a new topic, occults. Now, I admit that vampires and mermaids are better in the Sims 4. (I'm hesitant to give them witches because the only thing I think they did better about witches is the cauldron. But objectively they might be better, if we go by the Red Plumbob's videos.) They're way more in-depth than they've ever been in this newer installment. But what I will not stand for is slander against the Sims 3 aliens. Sims 3 aliens are the best in the series, what they talmbout?

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 1:16 AM
What problem do you have with aliens in Sims 4? I can't comment much on the vampires and witches, since I don't have the appropriate GPs and I did not play much with mermaids yet, but I have to admit the main reason why I've bought Get to Work were aliens and so far I can't tell I am disappointed. I love aliens in Sims 3, but I love them in Sims 4 either. They are different but not in a bad thing. What I like in Sims 4 is the disguise and the fact that normal Sims react to aliens in their alien form. That I consider improvement from Sims 3, where other Sims acted like aliens are totally normal and nothing unusual. I don't know about you, but if bald green man or woman with echoing voice appeared at my door, I wouldn't just happily invited them inside, like my Sims in Sims 3 tends to do. On the other hand, I just love the spaceship in Sims 3. That's really great thing to have some fun with
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:55 AM
Hm? Oh, I don't think the aliens are the absolute worst in the Sims 4, I simply think that they're very limited in comparison to the Sims 3. I mean, I too think the disguise feature in the Sims 4 is pretty damn neat. I just think that compared to the Sims 3 they're lacking. Not by much, mind you, but still lacking. The scope with them just isn't that big, and that doesn't make them bad, just different.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Scholar
#240 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 5:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peno
What problem do you have with aliens in Sims 4? I can't comment much on the vampires and witches, since I don't have the appropriate GPs and I did not play much with mermaids yet, but I have to admit the main reason why I've bought Get to Work were aliens and so far I can't tell I am disappointed. I love aliens in Sims 3, but I love them in Sims 4 either. They are different but not in a bad thing. What I like in Sims 4 is the disguise and the fact that normal Sims react to aliens in their alien form. That I consider improvement from Sims 3, where other Sims acted like aliens are totally normal and nothing unusual. I don't know about you, but if bald green man or woman with echoing voice appeared at my door, I wouldn't just happily invited them inside, like my Sims in Sims 3 tends to do. On the other hand, I just love the spaceship in Sims 3. That's really great thing to have some fun with


Sims 3 was sort of going with a true blood type, Occults are out in the open type thing. Everyone knows Occults exist. Supernatural Skeptics are sort of an exception.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon

Follow me on
Twitter
Instagram
Lab Assistant
#241 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 9:45 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot about that!

I have to say that I do take a lot of enjoyment in the whole debacle of "What happened to the state of supernatural from the Sims 3 to 2 to 1? They're roaming free in the Sims 3 carefree and all, but they're very secretive in the Sims 1 and 2? What happened? What is this mystery?"

I adore the lore of the sims and will forever be upset that they basically did away with it in the Sims 4.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Scholar
#242 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCheshire
Oh yeah! I forgot about that!

I have to say that I do take a lot of enjoyment in the whole debacle of "What happened to the state of supernatural from the Sims 3 to 2 to 1? They're roaming free in the Sims 3 carefree and all, but they're very secretive in the Sims 1 and 2? What happened? What is this mystery?"

I adore the lore of the sims and will forever be upset that they basically did away with it in the Sims 4.


I think canonically only Moonlight falls is supposed to have free roaming supernaturals and maybe Midnight hollow. In other towns they were supposed to stay in hiding.

Why I think this is because Sims 3 and 2 are supposed to be in the same universe.

But now that I think about it. Witches and werewolves and Vampires seem to come out in openly in Sims 2 as well. Am I misremembering?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon

Follow me on
Twitter
Instagram
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 2:25 AM
No you are not miss remembering. There is absolutely nothing in TS2 to indicate that sims society is unaware of the Supernatural. None of the premade supernaturals bios talk about their lifestate being a secret, sims frequently wish to or fear being turn into a supernatural ect. The only game where there is any hint of secrecy around it is TS making magic where sims could be fined for performing magic in front of sims who didnt also possess a wand (ie non magical sims)
Other wise I think TS2&3 leave it up to the player whether society is aware/ accepting of magic and the supernatural. Personaly I prefer it that way. While the disguise/finding out about alien thing can be cool It really kind of ties the setting to modern reality and can be awkward if your trying to setup say a futuristic or fantasy setting.
I mean Imagine having a Kirk sim freak out because he found out his love interest is an alien.
Test Subject
#244 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 3:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyqueen
No you are not miss remembering. There is absolutely nothing in TS2 to indicate that sims society is unaware of the Supernatural. None of the premade supernaturals bios talk about their lifestate being a secret, sims frequently wish to or fear being turn into a supernatural ect. The only game where there is any hint of secrecy around it is TS making magic where sims could be fined for performing magic in front of sims who didnt also possess a wand (ie non magical sims)
Other wise I think TS2&3 leave it up to the player whether society is aware/ accepting of magic and the supernatural. Personaly I prefer it that way. While the disguise/finding out about alien thing can be cool It really kind of ties the setting to modern reality and can be awkward if your trying to setup say a futuristic or fantasy setting.
I mean Imagine having a Kirk sim freak out because he found out his love interest is an alien.


I see TS3 as also accepting of supernaturals since day 1. I think supernatural skeptics also sometimes realize supernaturals exist but don’t really get along with that a la flat earth atheists. For example the Hoppcrafts would kick out their son for being a fairy but they do realize he’s a fairy.

You could have a story where initially the town isn’t accepting to supernaturals but more and more of them move in and the original population goes away.
Test Subject
#245 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 10:21 PM
TS3 is the peak of the sims series for me. it's innovative, and builds on TS2's features, and imo without that kind of progression, simulation games are just blah. i've never played TS4 and I don't plan on it. the only interesting thing about it are some of the mods (WW, basemental's mods, life tragedies, etc.)

i blame the shoddy coding of TS2 and TS3 on EA being so profit-driven.
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:59 AM
To be fair to the Sims 4 though, it builds on some things and is innovative in it's own way as well. See: most of the occults. But in the end it's the Sims 4's huge lack in foundational innovation that is it's downfall. It keeps adding on to the base when it is the foundation that needs to be fixed. In comparison to the past games, the Sims 2 had an excellent foundation, and the Sims 3 had a pretty decent one.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 11:12 PM
Okay, so I'm marking this down here for my future topic/thread of "Cat & Dog behavior across Sims 3 and 4; My Personal Observations" so I don't forget:

Silas, the puppy of the founder of my Sims 3 Enchantacy Legacy, became an adult dog probably a few days ago in-game time. I'm not really sure, It's been a good couple of months since I loaded this save. But, I noticed that he was absolutely obsessed with the ball I got him to play with. Now, I know he has the playful trait, so his strong desire to have fun was understood, and I know he has the independent trait, so his strong desire to play by himself was understood. The thing is, we have a toy box! It's routable, I tested it so I know he can get to the box. I even strew the dog toys around the house and made sure he could pick them up and play with them. He just...preferred the ball.

Listen, I'm not saying the pets in the Sims 3 develop actual obsessions as they do in the Sims 4, but I just find it pretty interesting and very fun to know that if all three of my cats and all four of my kittens are in the kitchen/living room eating the dinner I laid out for them, and I can't find Silas anywhere in the house, all I have to do is take a look into the backyard and see him tripping over his favorite ball.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Test Subject
#248 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 2:25 AM
I think this thread title is wrong, it's supposed to be 'sims 4'

But I don't get it why people say sims 3 is bad? This thread is too long so I can't read it everything, but I just wanted to say why when sims 4 was launched a lot of sims 2 fans (that said they would never stopped playing sims 2 because it's the best) started playing sims 4? Hypocritical too much? I don't get why people just skipped sims 3. And they say that sims 3 has performance issues but sims 2 has the neighbourhood corruption that is the worst imo, I didn't know about this when I first played sims 2 and now that I know it playing sims 2 isn't the same anymore (having to do backups of my sims and the fear of losing them is the worst) but I still like sims 2.
Theorist
#249 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 2:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamirura
But I don't get it why people say sims 3 is bad? ...



3 is my absolute favorite. But as I said way back when, this topic was beaten to death years ago, and all of us just need to play the game we want to play and not care/worry about what others play.
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamirura
I think this thread title is wrong, it's supposed to be 'sims 4'

But I don't get it why people say sims 3 is bad? This thread is too long so I can't read it everything, but I just wanted to say why when sims 4 was launched a lot of sims 2 fans (that said they would never stopped playing sims 2 because it's the best) started playing sims 4? Hypocritical too much? I don't get why people just skipped sims 3. And they say that sims 3 has performance issues but sims 2 has the neighbourhood corruption that is the worst imo, I didn't know about this when I first played sims 2 and now that I know it playing sims 2 isn't the same anymore (having to do backups of my sims and the fear of losing them is the worst) but I still like sims 2.


I dont think its that hypocritical. 2 and 3 are best suited to different playstyles. Most of the people who stuck with 2 after 3's release are rotational players. While its not impossible to play 3 rotationally doing so can be difficult and has some strong downsides. While mods such as awesome mod or nrass can be used to overcome these, setting this mods up to behave as the player wants can be complicated and overwhelming. So it was simply easier for these players to stick with 2.
TS4 however somewhat bridges the playstyles of 2 and 3 allowing the player to choose of they want to focus on a single household or if they want to play rotationally. Thus allowing rotational players to move on to a more modern game and still allow them to play their preferred way.
Page 10 of 12
Back to top