Replies: 168 (Who?), Viewed: 8223 times.
Page 4 of 7
Mad Poster
#76 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:25 AM
I do remember one of my favorite TS2 mod is the living in home full time babysitter/nanny. You assign a bed to her and she just takes care of the kids.

Theoretically you can do the same thing in TS3 with the NPC mod and create a sim that has family orientation trait, love children trait.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Undead Molten Llama
#77 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I had pregnant Sims in 2 do nothing to help themselves and drop dead. And I play all games with full autonomy on. I also had nannies not take care of toddlers who were totally in the red when someone got home.


Yeah, preggos are more delicate. Their motives drop faster, they tend to get in those too-hungry-to-sleep/too-tired-to-eat loops I mentioned and, I could be wrong, but I think they are programmed to take care of themselves less-autonomously. It seems that way to me, anyway. In any case, they are meant to be harder to play and that's actually something I really miss when I play TS3.

But yes, unmodded nannies suck, though of the two that generate in a neighborhood one tends to be better than the other. I've even had one who potty-trained toddlers. I tend to not use them much, though, even modded. Instead, if both parents work outside the home -- which isn't usually the case in my TS2 game -- I use a combination of maternity leave and days off that the parents have one or the other parent stay home with the kid(s). If no one has days off, then someone doesn't get to go to work. Them's the breaks. That said, TS3's babysitters aren't much better than TS2's nannies.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#78 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I do remember one of my favorite TS2 mod is the living in home full time babysitter/nanny. You assign a bed to her and she just takes care of the kids.

Theoretically you can do the same thing in TS3 with the NPC mod and create a sim that has family orientation trait, love children trait.


Are the nanny/baby sitters in any sim game any good?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#79 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Are the nanny/baby sitters in any sim game any good?


they haven't even fix the butler in TS3 which was kinda disappointing b/c it is already implemented but just full of bugs.

But i remember TS2 vacation world, the hotel maintenance/maid didn't work well either, eventually someone made a mod that fixes it and it worked perfectly.

I'm wondering why so many bugs in TS3 are not modded. Still glitchy with the University JAVA bartender, that has been around a long while.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
I do remember one of my favorite TS2 mod is the living in home full time babysitter/nanny. You assign a bed to her and she just takes care of the kids.

Theoretically you can do the same thing in TS3 with the NPC mod and create a sim that has family orientation trait, love children trait.


Does the TS3 Butler do that? Take care of the kids I mean.
I have only ever had a butler one time, and that was because he was used as a carer for an insane adult sim with no children or living relatives.

Looking over my other posts, I never really said what I really love about TS3, so I will.
Gardening, skills like alchemy and nectar making, collecting etc, are all done so well. I just love those. The open world, and CASt, of course.

A usually unpopular opinion, but I love rabbitholes. Not only do they make my towns looks like real towns, but they have some attractive looking buildings, and are much nicer to have than a sim simply walking to the curb, or off the lot and disappearing.

I've never been someone who wants to see their sims at school, or even grocery shopping or anything. I find that kind of thing incredibly boring. While my sims are in the rabbithole doing whatever they're doing, I much prefer to pan around the town and see what other sims are doing, rather than have to hover over my sim as they're pretending to shop, or answer questions at school ( I don't much care for the live lectures in the Uni expansion doing that )
I've seen so many fights, or other sims having affairs, or being struck by lighting etc while panning around waiting for my sim in a RH. I really like that about TS3.

I like how they improved the lots & houses plus family bin. No longer is the house or the sim family you plop into a world removed from said bin, but a copy is also kept . I also love building in Ts3 more than 2, though I do love the way apartments work in Ts2 better than they work in 3.

TS3 is not a bad game. It has been reiterated over and over again that it requires some TLC to run nicely, but if you take that time it will reward you tenfold with so much enjoyment.
Again, people try to play it on severely underpowered hardware, filled to the brim with third party CC and with the most intensive EPs like seasons, and then scream that its all the games fault for not running well on their 1980's laptop.

TS3 is a good game. It has its faults like every other game, but it's good nonetheless.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Undead Molten Llama
#81 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 8:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pary
A usually unpopular opinion, but I love rabbitholes. Not only do they make my towns looks like real towns, but they have some attractive looking buildings, and are much nicer to have than a sim simply walking to the curb, or off the lot and disappearing.


Well, I'm with you. I don't mind rabbitholes at all. I mean, sure, I wish TS3 had a real OFB-like EP that would allow me to build and have a player-owned, for instance, grocery store, which would be especially awesome with TS3's vastly-superior cooking/ingredients system. Store content and mods can get us a bit closer to that, but it's not quite the same... But I do think that the rabbitholes are much better in terms of careers and school than TS2's system of just transporting the sim into an off-lot netherworld for "X" number of hours, if only because of the various tones you can apply while Sims are in there. Because of the open world, you're not exactly expected to sit there and watch the rabbithole while your Sim is in there. You're "supposed" to be controlling/checking in with other Sims in the household or, if you're playing a single-sim household, you can zoom in on a community lot and watch what the other town residents are getting up to, which can be amusing. Or look around the world for things for your Sim to collect when he/she gets out of work/school. Or take pictures of the pretty scenery. Find and watch the wild horses interact with each other. Whatever. If you're sitting staring at a rabbithole for sim-hours....Well, that's a choice you made; you're not forced to do it.

In fact, I wish we had functional rabbitholes in TS2. They've all been converted to use as neighborhood deco, and they're nice for filling up a downtown/main street area, but of course they don't function. But dangit, sometimes I wouldn't mind having a functional grocery store rabbithole in a TS2 town, if I don't want to mess around with building one and/or having a player-owned one and the whole getting groceries delivered thing just doesn't mesh with the available services in my neighborhood yet.

And yes, I agree that TS3 is a very good game. It is far more realistic in many ways than Sims 2 is, and while I think it was a bit ambitious in terms of system requirements for computers in 2009, especially the types that non-gamer Simmers tended to own, on today's machines it runs well, especially modded and with routing-fixed worlds in play, looks good, and is fun to play. If I could easily build my own worlds in-game, I could abandon TS2 for it, but since I can't, I'll just play (and very much enjoy) both games.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 9:19 AM Last edited by igazor : 29th Apr 2020 at 10:21 AM.
There's an element about the TS3 rabbitholes that I am not seeing discussed here (or if it is, I'm just missing it). Because of the open world, we should not want all career and school lots to be open. Everyone is talking about open lots as they impact their own player-controlled sims, but think about the inactive residents in town. The game engine as it was designed back then would not be able to handle simulating open careers, shops, athletic stadiums, restaurants, etc. for the entire world all at the same time. It can't even handle simulating inactive households within their own houses all at once unless you have a world population of like 20 sims. EA tried that in the beginning and had to patch in the hibernation of sims who are on their own home lots with the game set to take care of their basic needs for them pretty quickly, back before WA was released. We can still see the impact that kind of home lot simulation has on today's patch levels if we were to use the NRaas HomeOpener mod, but again that would not be recommended for even medium sized world populations (MC Opening a small number of residential lots at a time selectively can work out much better for those who wish to snoop on the neighbors and see something more interesting than sims standing still staring at walls).

With 100 - 200+ resident sims working, schooling, shopping, and doing other what are currently rabbithole activities across the entire world, I predict there would routinely be lag like one has never seen before and Error 12s out the proverbial wazoo. Instead, the sims hide off the screen in those rabbitholes and some calculation progresses their careers and education in one direction or another, gets them fed, makes them happy or sad, pretends they have played a sports game or engaged in some political process, etc. without all the stress of sims we aren't even watching all the time having to animate and act these things out. It's a pretty ingenious system actually, if we can manage to keep ourselves still immersed in the illusion that these sims are actually doing anything inside of those buildings.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
I don't know, I can think of things that would be far more realistic or at least far more common. Like maybe a random chance of death by traffic accident when a Sim is traveling around town in a vehicle of some kind. I mean, they wouldn't have to show it or anything. Just a pop-up and the Sim dies, maybe. But maybe that would be considered too sad or too triggering or too real-world or whatever.

Yeah, well, I don't think I would've wanted that in Sims game when I have a report about traffic accidents in news every single day. It would be too realistic and to be honest, one reason I play The Sims (or any other game, for that matter) is to escape the harshness of real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
But, if the game can't be too sad in a real-world way, then I guess any bit of realism is good? So, OK, dying of laughter. (Even though that's really more dying of a underlying and undiagnosed brain issue, not really dying of the laughter per se.)

Actually, it's more like a death by suffocating from too much uncontrolable laugh, though at least one such case was most likely from undiagnosed heart rhythm abnormality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
And TS2 has death by spontaneous human combustion, although I think that's more of a glitch than anything actually intended.

There is spontaneous combustion in Sims 3 Seasons and that was definitely intended, since they presented it as part of the EP. Though it's rare and you actually have to force your Sims into it, since it only happens if your Sim is way too overheated for too long and they usually tend to cool down autonomously before it'll go that far. And AFAIK it was the same in Sims 2 Seasons, so, I tend to think it was intended feature.
Test Subject
#84 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peno
There is spontaneous combustion in Sims 3 Seasons and that was definitely intended, since they presented it as part of the EP. Though it's rare and you actually have to force your Sims into it, since it only happens if your Sim is way too overheated for too long and they usually tend to cool down autonomously before it'll go that far. And AFAIK it was the same in Sims 2 Seasons, so, I tend to think it was intended feature.


Haha I remember I had some kind of bug in TS2 where a new family would immediately burst into flames when moving into a house. I had to change the default starting season from summer or place sprinklers by the mailbox with move_objects. It disappeared after a patch I think.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
EA tried that in the beginning and had to patch in the hibernation of sims who are on their own home lots with the game set to take care of their basic needs for them pretty quickly, back before WA was released.


I wish they would implement something like that in the commercial lots too. You know, sims would arrive at the lot and just stay inside doing nothing unless your camera is focused on it. This way the only time inactive sims are active is when they're traveling between lots. That would definitely make it run smoother. But I guess for people who like to roam the world while their active family is busy, it would impact them as other sims simply would be on those lots but not doing anything until your camera is focused on them.

I'm not sure, but in some ways, I think there is already something like that? Or just my game is lagging. lol Because there are times from map view, I would see a bunch of sims at the beach, when I zoom in, they're just standing there and then started doing things when I was watching them. However, there are also times I randomly zoom in to a nightclub and sims are already partying and drinking at the bar.

The hibernation of the residents does bug the rich household gate from Nightlife. I don't mind it b/c I hate that gate so I removed them all anyways. But in those gates, the residential marker is inside the gate, not inside the house. So you get a bunch of sims standing in their front yard doing nothing. Normally that's not a problem, but then when it gets cold and raining/snowing, I remember they end up freezing.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 1:16 AM Last edited by igazor : 30th Apr 2020 at 1:34 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
The hibernation of the residents does bug the rich household gate from Nightlife. I don't mind it b/c I hate that gate so I removed them all anyways. But in those gates, the residential marker is inside the gate, not inside the house. So you get a bunch of sims standing in their front yard doing nothing. Normally that's not a problem, but then when it gets cold and raining/snowing, I remember they end up freezing.

(shrugs) My take on that has always been look, if they wish to own and pay taxes on a §450,000 home so they may have the luxury of standing outside staring at what should be their front door all day and maybe playing on a swing set, who am I to stop them? But yes, I know what you mean and that can be painful to take in large doses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 6:14 AM
I have to say, I was not expecting this at all.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:51 PM
Open world, create-a-style, pools, all life stages, and gardening are all important to me. Affordability, familiarity, and compatibility with my preferred mods and playstyles are also factors. The only improvement The Sims 4 has over The Sims 3 is Create-A-Sim, which I rarely use anyway. I only use Create-A-Sim for more than a moment when I'm trying to make special custom sims (usually adapting/remaking real people, oftentimes myself). I also heavily use Create-A-Style when I use Create-A-Sim with fine detail so the Sims 4 is useless to me. The Sims 2 does not run on my computer but I have it in my library.

Always do your best.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 2nd May 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
There's an element about the TS3 rabbitholes that I am not seeing discussed here (or if it is, I'm just missing it). Because of the open world, we should not want all career and school lots to be open. Everyone is talking about open lots as they impact their own player-controlled sims, but think about the inactive residents in town. The game engine as it was designed back then would not be able to handle simulating open careers, shops, athletic stadiums, restaurants, etc. for the entire world all at the same time. It can't even handle simulating inactive households within their own houses all at once unless you have a world population of like 20 sims. EA tried that in the beginning and had to patch in the hibernation of sims who are on their own home lots with the game set to take care of their basic needs for them pretty quickly, back before WA was released. We can still see the impact that kind of home lot simulation has on today's patch levels if we were to use the NRaas HomeOpener mod, but again that would not be recommended for even medium sized world populations (MC Opening a small number of residential lots at a time selectively can work out much better for those who wish to snoop on the neighbors and see something more interesting than sims standing still staring at walls).

With 100 - 200+ resident sims working, schooling, shopping, and doing other what are currently rabbithole activities across the entire world, I predict there would routinely be lag like one has never seen before and Error 12s out the proverbial wazoo. Instead, the sims hide off the screen in those rabbitholes and some calculation progresses their careers and education in one direction or another, gets them fed, makes them happy or sad, pretends they have played a sports game or engaged in some political process, etc. without all the stress of sims we aren't even watching all the time having to animate and act these things out. It's a pretty ingenious system actually, if we can manage to keep ourselves still immersed in the illusion that these sims are actually doing anything inside of those buildings.

While the game does not alternatives to opening some of these rabbit holes, people (mostly that don't invest time in TS3) seem to forget there are many alternatives to recreating these rabbit holes functionalities (minus applying to standard careers) with the use of content and store packs. The stadium and the theater can be substited with the use of showtime stages, entry-to system and big ass premium screen. Of course, all of things require player to pay on additional expansion pack/premium content to be able to set up these elements, but that doesn't mean it cannot be done according to anti-TS3 fandom. Players who put a bit of effort and creative can open up these rabbit holes into actual open lots with either the gameplay objects/mods or/and if needed, by making a ruleset that would play accordingly to the lot's pretend function.

Grocery and book stores can be done away with WA cash registers, savvy sellers rugs&registery, delicious bakery oven and racks, and what not. While this does not excuse why EA couldn't expand on these features with improvements, or very alone patch in them with BG updates, it's not really a downfall similar to how many cons of TS2 can be resolved with a bit of playing around with mechanics or modding stuff in (like the time community travel issue). Rabbit holes could very been added in addition to shell buildings for inside customization or what not.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 2nd May 2020 at 11:52 PM
You can't overcome the TS2 limited engine no matter how much you mod. The best compromise is to mod TS3 to include the missing interactions in TS2, such as the various animations and interactions. Some people already have, one member did so much to improve the toddler interactions to be like TS2, added so much more functions.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 3rd May 2020 at 6:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
The best compromise is to mod TS3 to include the missing interactions in TS2, such as the various animations and interactions. Some people already have, one member did so much to improve the toddler interactions to be like TS2, added so much more functions.

Now this is something I’d love to see. I would think it would be easier to convert animations and interactions from TS2 as TS3 (correct next if I’m wrong) uses the same engine. I mean, the devs reused several animations from TS2 anyway.

It could open up a whole new world to modders by allowing more fan favorites from the earlier game into this one. I for one would love to see some of the skills from TS2 and their animations make their way over to TS3, though I understand it would be a fairly large undertaking. Oh if only I knew literally anything about how to do that
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 3:49 PM Last edited by kiddypatches : 1st Jul 2020 at 12:17 PM.
(Sorry for bumping a thread after a month)

Ehh I personally always enjoyed 3 the most over the other games, even if 2 is a very close second to my favourite. I think it's mostly because Sims 3 was the very first Sims game I ever actually played, way back in 2013 (though at the time it was on the Wii lol) when I was 18.

I've just always found myself, whenever playing the other games, yearning to load up Sims 3 instead after a while. What I love about Sims 3 is pretty much all the same stuff that's been said here already.

I LOVE the open world (spying on townies is my favourite thing to do in the game lol and Sacrificial's Sims 3 mods make things more interesting and funny), CaSt, the graphics, the worlds, the MANY different unique and fun worlds, the story progression (preferably with mods, but EA's is interesting too), the Sims themselves, just...everything. Sure there's annoyances here and there but that's what mods are for.

And contrary to popular opinions, I think the Sims 3 sims are the best looking ones in the series so far. I don't get the whole "pudding face!" insult in the slightest. Sims 2 had super ugly premade Sims as well (*cough* ones with the gorilla face template *cough*) but I hardly see people complain about that. Anyways, I personally think the graphics and Sims are the best looking in the whole franchise.

I also LOVE their voices for teens on up. Sure, I love Gerri Lawlor (rip) and Stephen Kearin as much as the next person, but the ability to PICK one of the three different voices per gender is a breath of fresh air after being stuck with very limited options. And the voices sound better than the Sims 4 (they all sound ridiculous or over the top to me). And yeah, after more Sims are born they're stuck with voice 1, but at least you can go in and change that.

I also love how you can make multiple games out of a neighbourhood, as opposed to 2 or 1 where you're stuck with the neighbourhood until you reset or the town corrupts and you have to reinstall. Like if there's multiple Sims you want to marry in, say, Midnight Hollow, but you don't want to play rotationally, or you're bored with your current game, BAM! new game in a fresh Midnight Hollow, and the fun starts all over again.

Another thing i like is how you're not STUCK on your home lot for the majority of your game (yes I know you can travel in 1 and 2, but y'all know what I mean). Your sim at work? GO SPY ON SOME TOWNIE DRAMA!!! Or start your own if you have the right mods installed lol. It definitely makes things much more entertaining.

I also like the sims themselves and think their backstories are more interesting, but that's just me. And the traits system in 3 is amazing. You can make interesting Sims with 5 traits (as opposed to personality points before, or the downgraded 3 traits in 4).


Wow I'm rambling and this is long, but, basically I find myself returning to Sims 3 all the time because of the above, and I found I'm always coming up with more fun game ideas for 3, as opposed to perfect family rotations in 2, or getting bored after 5 minutes in 4. It's always got a special place in my heart, and it's my favourite of the franchise. :D
Scholar
#93 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 10:30 PM
It is the only installment where I have a lot of control over customization without having to immediately download CC. I always end up using CASt at some point and in the other installments I end up missing it. (But tbh CASt also often ends up being a frustration when it starts lagging for some weird reason).
I also really like to keep an eye on the neighbours so I really like to see the open world. I love following a sim seamlessly through all their destinations without loading screens. Like going on a jog towards the grocery store and browsing at consignment store before going back. And when playing multiple generations, I really like to see them in the world doing their own thing, getting married, having kids etc.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 7:46 PM
Quite simply because I refuse to give EA any more of my money. I don't know how much I've shelled out for SIms 3 over the years, but I plan to get my Money's worth, Dammit!
Field Researcher
#95 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 12:29 AM
I love the fact that with TS3 with all the mods and ones I tweak myself I can create the world I want to run myself (god complex). I wanted to complete a challenge where I mashed a few challenges into one. With NRAAS I eliminated all Males except my own. I had all Female households and had him impregnate all the females at different times to produce all his heirs in the world. I packed up 6 kids at a time to keep the relationships and moved all the bunches of kids into a new world and plopped them all down in houses. So only 6 show related to each other out of my groupings. Now I watch all of the households and let them run on auto. With being able to customize the way I want in CAS I have color coded each of the households so each house has a theme to their clothes so I know which family they come from. That makes 3 one of my favorites out of all the Sims.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 5:47 PM Last edited by faerytech : 20th Jul 2020 at 11:35 PM.
It's been too long since I played 2, I suspect I'd be turned off by the older graphics, but I've been tempted to try it out since it was the first sims game i played. I barely remember it.
4 has its pros. It's... pretty. Has lots of sliders. The clothing and build/ buy menu are much better organized. Introducing the search menu in buy mode was a stroke of brilliance. Being able to move and save your rooms and home is great. The Christmas tree works better. Many things work better. Groups can be fun. I like strangerville, although it's really only good for one playthrough.
But the sims have less personality. I struggle to find partners for my sims because all the sims look like hipsters and have boring personalities. The default skintones also make everyone look super bland. And all the neighborhoods added together are probably still smaller than one sims 3 neighborhood. I can't go anywhere and control all my sims.
3... a lot of clothes are outdated, as are houses. Having to change your clothes and hair separately is annoying. You'd think the vanity would let you choose both (is there a mod for that?) It's terribly hard to find anything in misc decor in buy mode. I think the sims actually look more realistic without needing cc. I don't like that when I complete a ltw I can't pick a new one. Not that i need the points but I like having a major goal.
I really wanted to like 4. I played it a great deal, but always ended up feeling empty and bored quickly. Being able to switch ltws makes the characters feel even more boring, and directionless. There's too many frieking karaoke bars. I miss movie theaters. I miss grocery stores. I miss the interesting families from 3, the one's in 4 just feel... I dunno. It's hard to describe exactly why i prefer 3, except that it feels more realistic and more free. I can design all kinds of furniture and wallpaper, completely edit towns, and create my own world. I don't feel like I have any control in sims 4 really. The neighborhoods are almost all fake, and I'm discouraged from exploring them by the fact that I'd have to leave people at home.

Edit: oh, and the traits in the sims 4 suck imo. I guess this is largely just a controversial opinion, but I'd rather, for instance, have a natural cook than a foodie. I'd rather have someone who is good at cooking, than a food snob. I really don't like most of the sims 4 traits tbh. Like glutton? Dance machine? You only get 3 traits but you're supposed to waste them on overeating and dancing?
Test Subject
#97 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerytech
It's been too long since I played 2, I suspect I'd be turned off by the older graphics, but I've been tempted to try it out since it was the first sims game i played. I barely remember it.
4 has its pros. It's... pretty. Has lots of sliders. The clothing and build/ buy menu are much better organized. Introducing the search menu in buy mode was a stroke of brilliance. Being able to move and save your rooms and home is great. The Christmas tree works better. Many things work better. Groups can be fun. I like strangerville, although it's really only good for one playthrough.
But the sims have less personality. I struggle to find partners for my sims because all the sims look like hipsters and have boring personalities. The default skintones also make everyone look super bland. And all the neighborhoods added together are probably still smaller than one sims 3 neighborhood. I can't go anywhere and control all my sims.
3... a lot of clothes are outdated, as are houses. Having to change your clothes and hair separately is annoying. You'd think the vanity would let you choose both (is there a mod for that?) It's terribly hard to find anything in misc decor in buy mode. I think the sims actually look more realistic without needing cc. I don't like that when I complete a ltw I can't pick a new one. Not that i need the points but I like having a major goal.
I really wanted to like 4. I played it a great deal, but always ended up feeling empty and bored quickly. Being able to switch ltws makes the characters feel even more boring, and directionless. There's too many frieking karaoke bars. I miss movie theaters. I miss grocery stores. I miss the interesting families from 3, the one's in 4 just feel... I dunno. It's hard to describe exactly why i prefer 3, except that it feels more realistic and more free. I can design all kinds of furniture and wallpaper, completely edit towns, and create my own world. I don't feel like I have any control in sims 4 really. The neighborhoods are almost all fake, and I'm discouraged from exploring them by the fact that I'd have to leave people at home.


You can use the Ambitions makeover station to change clothing + hair + makeup at the same screen. ATS and Mspoodle released smaller versions of them, suitable for smaller rooms or for the home.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 1:41 AM
I feel like soon I'll be switching to TS2, because I seem to be frustated with the absent neighborhood system (templates that are available at disposable to start clean world, saves existing per world) and the overall rotational system. Idk, ts2 has it charms and somewhat I don't seem to be finding spark of creativity with TS3. That is not to say TS3 isn't good in its own merit way. Living neighbors and being able to walk from point A to point B be it teleporting, running and cruising around the world is one of immersive thing in the game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 3:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniisu
You can use the Ambitions makeover station to change clothing + hair + makeup at the same screen. ATS and Mspoodle released smaller versions of them, suitable for smaller rooms or for the home.

NRaas Master Controller adds the Stylist interaction to its main menu. And the good thing is, it works on anyone in the neighbourhood. I am often using it on townies that were generated by game with weird clothes or even premades which were assigned weird outerwear. Which is most of the time, to be honest. I swear I don't know what is the deal with this game and weird outerwears and especially weird gloves with outerwear
Mad Poster
#100 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 6:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I feel like soon I'll be switching to TS2, because I seem to be frustated with the absent neighborhood system (templates that are available at disposable to start clean world, saves existing per world) and the overall rotational system. Idk, ts2 has it charms and somewhat I don't seem to be finding spark of creativity with TS3. That is not to say TS3 isn't good in its own merit way. Living neighbors and being able to walk from point A to point B be it teleporting, running and cruising around the world is one of immersive thing in the game.


TBH, you shouldn't need to feel chained to one game- plenty of people play both TS2 and TS3- and each game offers its own charms.

On top of that, you can see it as taking a break from TS3- sometimes coming back to it with fresh eyes can be far more fun.
Page 4 of 7
Back to top