Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 555 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 7:14 PM Last edited by nitromon : 28th Jul 2020 at 9:04 PM.
Default Lag Report
Ok, this is a new one, so I thought I report it if any of you experienced something similar.

It only happened in my University world and I believe it has to do with the dynamics of the university. So, the game generates ghost/spirit spawners in your world even when you are not playing a ghost hunter. Now I remember I have this disabled with a mod, hence I haven't seen any of these ghost spawning at all.

For some reason my uni world came to a crawl. Even when the game is paused, it lags like crazy with CPU at 25% and above. Using MC, I went through each lot object stat local and found out approx 90% of the lot have at least 1 spirit spawner, some with as many as 3. They don't show up in the game, again no haunting music and stuff. However, these spawners apparently do not get automatically removed (they shouldn't even generate since I disabled it). Accumulation of these spawners caused the game to lag to a crawl. Again, I think it is b/c of the different way uni is run, that's why the mod couldn't prevent it.

Anyways, if you experience similar things, use MC --> household --> object stats --> local and just see if you have a bunch of these spawners. Wipe them out, all of them.

Alternatively you can also go MC --> town --> object stats --> local to get the same thing.

Cheers.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:57 PM
May I ask what mod you are using to disable the Ghost/Spirit spawners?
Found 35 of them and wanted to keep it from happening again.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 7:21 PM
@nitromon I'm also interested in what mod that is.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 9:02 PM Last edited by nitromon : 28th Jul 2020 at 9:13 PM.
honestly? I think it is just one of the NRAAS mods. I have to check b/c I haven't had this issue for a while. I remember back in the days there would be random lots with the lights all changed and the spooky music. However, I haven't seen any of that for years. Perhaps @igazor can shed light on which one.

It might also not be mod related. I don't have any residents who are in the ghost hunter profession. I think it is suppose to only generate those lots when you have ghost hunters, even when they're not active.

The only good news I can say is that they do regenerate, but very slowly. So it is not something you have to do often. Even in my homeworld, I also found some, just not as much as in the university world for some reason.

I also recommend people using the same MC method to remove any gardening in their world, unless they're doing gardening in their active lot. too much gardening plants also causes the game to lag. This one differs in that it wouldn't lag once the game is paused.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 9:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 28th Jul 2020 at 9:59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Perhaps @igazor can shed light on which one.

You woke me up for this?!

I may not be understanding the question correctly. If there are no sims actually in the ghost hunter career, then I believe there shouldn't be any changing lights and spooky music. Wouldn't the solution be (or wouldn't it have been) to use SP to disallow the career at the Town level so that inactives don't pick it up on their own? Shouldn't be much of an issue with Uni World unless one is running SP there and placed a City Hall so that sims might start picking up self-employed professions. Many of us do use SP, but placing a City Hall might be a bit more unusual.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 12:38 AM
That actually sounds like a good idea. I don't know if I ever did something like that, but I don't usually get sims assigned to ghost hunter. I think there were a couple of instances, which then I quickly changed their jobs once I found out. Perhaps during the brief moment those sims held the ghost hunter profession, the game generated those spirit spawners.

I still don't know the deal with uni. You don't actually need a townhall as the admin building serves as one and I have SP running. Most sims of course are students/professors, but I did find a few of them were assigned jobs at the diner, etc... though I did not specifically check if there was one who was a ghost hunter.

It may not really have anything to do with uni, but just the bugginess of traveling in my world. As I've shared before I still get the infinite book bug every now and then, and still almost every time I get the family tree corruption with the duplicates that I started just editing them myself each time I travel. Right now I'm dealing with multiple pregnant males bug, which comes out of nowhere.

But so far the deleted ghost spawners have not generated anymore, at least in my hometown. So I think once you delete them they're gone unless you have a sim in the town with the ghost hunter profession. I have to check my uni next time I'm there but I remember the 2nd time I checked after a save, there were a couple more ghost spirit spawner, so there really might be a sim in that town which has the career.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 12:57 AM Last edited by igazor : 29th Jul 2020 at 5:47 AM.
The Uni World Admin Bldg stands in for City Hall for purposes of NRaas mods, but I didn't know that it can be used to sign up for/host the self-employed careers. I always thought a proper City Hall was required for that. Not so? This is an EA standard?

Running SP in Uni World is fun, for those of us into that sort of thing. I found a sim I loved spawned by Register I guess to be a homeless NPC coffee barista on a coffee bar I put in a very unusual place, but SP or the game itself also gave him the University Student career. The poor guy couldn't really work his insanely long shift and study/attend classes, although I watched over him and saw that he tried. Doesn't matter, my sim brought his new friend home and I have a blast whenever I play that household because the former barista Role Sim student is now an aspiring street artist. That was one of the best career choices I ever made for a sim, given that his traits include Grumpy, Can't Stand Art, and Hates the Outdoors. (sorry, got a bit off-topic there...)

I can't speak to the spawner issue yet as this is all new to me, was really just focusing on the lights changing and spooky music as thankfully I never see/hear that in worlds where the career is disallowed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 1:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
The Uni World Admin Bldg stands in for City Hall for purposes of NRaas mods, but I didn't know that it can be used to sign up for/host the self-employed careers. I always thought a proper City Hall was required for that. Not so? This is an EA standard?

I have no idea since I never tried it. I just assumed the NRAAS SP career assignment would randomly assign sims to various jobs and professions. Though I've only seen consistent firefighters, rarely seen others such as stylist, architects, ghost hunters, and even writers.

I'm still not sure what is the uni's SP is suppose to be according to EA, but I remember a long time ago that certain sims get regenerated, the ones premade by EA. But that was way before I let NRAAS SP take over. I wanted a more rounded world where there are teens and kids. I even put in a school RH just for them.

Sanity is overrated.

There. Mystery solved.