Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 346 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 1:53 AM
Default How do you place fog emitters on community lots?
For some reason fog emitters do not show up in buydebug on community lots for me. To circumvent this, I tried adding it to a collection and accessing it there, but instead it showed the object greyed out and text that read: "this object cannot be placed on this type of lot"

For reference, I'm decorating a dive lot, and a tutorial I'm reading doesnt talk about this at all when mentioning fog emitters. What am I doing wrong here?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 5:12 AM
Try this:

https://modthesims.info/d/504682/fo...n-buy-mode.html

This too:

https://modthesims.info/d/450059/builder-stuff.html

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 7:43 PM

I installed both of those mods, and it seems to work now! Thanks a bunch!

I'm still not sure what the initial issue was, but thank you regardless.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubasa1hiroge
I'm still not sure what the initial issue was, but thank you regardless.

No prob. But I think the initial problem is EA sets some sort of category restraint that certain items can only be placed on residential or community. So I wasn't sure 1st download would remove that by placing those items in the regular buy mode. However, Buzzler's "Build/Buy Restriction Choker" remover definitely would work as it is created for the purpose of removing this category restraint. You will now find that you can also buy things like dishwashers on community lots, which is useful when you have food vendors and sims no longer need to wash the dishes in the public restroom sink.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.