Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Working* Magazine Rack [UPD 29 jan 2009]

by Numenor Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 11:47 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:49 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

257 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 245 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:25 AM
Thank you so, so much for this!
Inventor
#27 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:30 AM
Brilliant. Thanks :D

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Forum Resident
#28 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:31 AM Last edited by SvJW : 26th Jun 2008 at 3:37 AM.
My sims have very big magazine subscription. I really should search always for a free table or similar.
Thank You Very much for *Working* magazine rack!!!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:42 AM
Awesome! I have been desperately wishing for a functional magazine rack ever since Free Time. xD Thanks so much!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#30 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:36 AM
Oh my gosh! Whoever said this was made of awesome and win? They were so right! I'll let my deprived sims subscribe to all sorts of magazines now, and I cannot wait to check out that centerfold animation in-game.

I also love that it uses Boblishman's old rack. So sweetly nostalgic. Thanks a million!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:38 AM
Excellent and SO needed, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:40 AM
Thanks this is just great!!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:40 AM
You really are the god of mods! I didn't realize how handy this would be until I saw it! Wow. Amazing. Thank you so much for you creativity, awesomeness, and willingness to share
Instructor
#34 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:43 AM
What a fantastic idea! I always turned down magazine subscriptions because they cause too much of a mess, but now I don't have to. Thanks for sharing this awesome item.
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:07 AM
Let me just say that you are a GOD!! Love it! Thank you soooo much for this... You really did a great job. =)
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:18 AM
Amazing!! As always! Thank you very much for this
Stupid people are stupid
#37 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:28 AM
Oh goody, goody, goody!!!
I never ever let my sims subscribe to a magazine, because they'll lay around the house everywhere. This is so great.
I wonder why EA never thought of that... Bad Angel, you know why... They wanted Numenor to make something again :P
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:26 AM
My sims never bought magazines because I hated reserving a space for it to be placed. This is such a cool download -- one of the many things that makes me wonder why it wasn't included in the game in the first place. Thank you ^^
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:28 AM
Omg, Numenor, i love you! This is brilliant! Thank you very much! :D

>>><<<
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:36 AM
Great Idea Numenor! Thanks for sharing!
Not actually evil.
#41 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:39 AM
I've been using OSMPs and 5 slot thingies for coffeetables to store my magazines, but this is even nicer. Thanks for sharing.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#42 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:01 AM
Yeah, this is totally cool, and needed! Yet another object type thingy that Maxis conveniently "left out" of the game.. But then again, if they'd done it right, then we would have nothing to create/download LOL

I have a question though.. Before I download... Is the object placeable and usable from a surface? Cuz that would be just perfect!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:48 AM
Brilliant. Thank you.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:57 AM
Thanks so much for this.
I've been wanting sometinng like this for all my huge hobby households where about 6 magazines will arrive at once.
Also quick question - Can the Paper be put in the rack?

-x-

-------- Get out alive ------------
-----------If i go i can only hope.....-------------
---------------..........I'll make to the other side-----
Field Researcher
#45 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:15 AM
This is absolutely brilliant! If its at all possible could the horizontal one be made to be put on side tables or desks? Because then it would be even better! The magazines would completely be out of the way! Thanks so much for this
Forum Resident
#46 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:18 AM
Amazing job Numenor!! Thankyou very much for all your hard work!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwengirl9105
Also quick question - Can the Paper be put in the rack?

I tried, but the functions related to the newspaper are too many and too complex to be transferred on the rack.

Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
If its at all possible could the horizontal one be made to be put on side tables or desks?

I tried this too, but the entire object is tailored on the "crouching" animations that the sims perform when interacting with it. In the "standing" bookcase animation (i.e. the one that sims perform when getting a book while standing) the hand is way too high compared to a rack placed on a low/end table, or even a counter. Unless I learn to create new animations, there will be no rack placed on tables -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:40 AM
This soooo needed to be made! You are the awesome genius of simminess. :D
Field Researcher
#49 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:10 AM
Thanks Numenor this is a sweet idea, man without people like you about I’d not thinks the Sims would be the best selling game it is big thumbs up.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:11 AM
Thank you so much for this!!! Now my sims will no longer have magazines strewn all over the place.
Page 2 of 11