Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 6:27 PM
Default Sims 4 Studio released windows and doors batch fix
As in the title, batch fix is finally out! New s4s version you can download from their site.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:11 AM
Gasp. What's that? Another thing that the community fixed before the devs?

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Gasp. What's that? Another thing that the community fixed before the devs?

Devs weren't supposed to fix that in first place. In September there was update to windows and doors, which allowed to stack them on one wall. Game's original windows and doors are working and looking fine, but custom ones look broke (they were still working, they just looked glitched). And batch fix for that was just released. Some creators updated their cc windows and doors before this release of batch fix, but some still weren't, so now we can fix remaining ones quickly, with one button.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Devs weren't supposed to fix that in first place. In September there was update to windows and doors, which allowed to stack them on one wall. Game's original windows and doors are working and looking fine, but custom ones look broke (they were still working, they just looked glitched). And batch fix for that was just released. Some creators updated their cc windows and doors before this release of batch fix, but some still weren't, so now we can fix remaining ones quickly, with one button.

Not exactly the King of Diamonds Classical Door from Get Together remains corrupt.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn

If I recall, it wasn't just CC doors and windows that were having this issue. Hell, didn't a guru even say they were looking into the problem?

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 1:44 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 9th Nov 2020 at 2:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
If I recall, it wasn't just CC doors and windows that were having this issue. Hell, didn't a guru even say they were looking into the problem?

It’s probably something they can actually do relatively quickly but won’t. Like fixing that window from City Living what doesn’t show sunlight properly.

They’re probably putting out fires from a pack we’ll see next year instead of fixing the mess the made already.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 2:48 PM
wow, I thought they wouldn't be able to pull it off. Excellent news! Pitying the poor creators who fixed their stuff manually before this fix.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 3:15 PM
That's why I won't mind until series is finished. Means I can fix things, and not worry about future patches breaking them.
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:50 PM
That batch fix was a bit late as now the Official Patch has fixed them. Haven't checked they work properly yet though.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:55 PM Last edited by Eehna : 11th Nov 2020 at 3:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
That batch fix was a bit late as now the Official Patch has fixed them. Haven't checked they work properly yet though.

I find it hard to believe that the official patch has fixed the CC windows/doors/arches, which is what the batch fix was made for.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
I find it hard to believe that the official patch has fixed the CC windows, which is what the batch fix was made for.

From the Patch notes today
"Get Together
Stone Frame Window (window1x1_EP02TUDstoneFrame2Tile_set1), Holey Geometry (window1x1_EP02TUDLow_03_2Tile_set1), and King of Diamonds Classical Door (doorSingle2x1_EP02TUDHigh3Tile_set1) now place properly."
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
From the Patch notes today
"Get Together
Stone Frame Window (window1x1_EP02TUDstoneFrame2Tile_set1), Holey Geometry (window1x1_EP02TUDLow_03_2Tile_set1), and King of Diamonds Classical Door (doorSingle2x1_EP02TUDHigh3Tile_set1) now place properly."

Yes, I know that the patch fixed EA content too.
But the batch fix from Sims4studio isn't for EA content. It's for CC content.
So, it's not "a bit late".