Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default come rendere trasparente parte di un accessorio
Hello everyone! could you help me? I'm trying to create a particular accessory that needs a part of the transparent texture. clearly I know how to make the texture transparent through photoshop, but the problem is that I can't make it transparent in the game, in fact in the bodyshop the accessory is white in the parts where it should be invisible.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:46 PM
The "Blend" setting can be used in the "stdMatAlphaBlendMode" line in the TXMT if you need transparency throughout the accessory, or for small areas with blending between transparency and opaque textures, but it does require the mesh to be layered properly or it starts bleeding through itself. Personally I tend to avoid the Blend setting for accessories, because it has a tendency to not look very good with more complicated meshes (looks best with flatter alpha meshes that don't loop too much in on themselves).

When I avoid the Blend setting and use transparency via the alpha instead (for accessories), the accessories are opaque in Bodyshop and CAS, but look fine on lots.

If the transparent parts can be separated out from the mesh, it is possible to add extra groups to an accessory via the PropertySet, the same way you'd add groups to clothes (but it's safest to let Bodyshop handle adding the resources).

Do make sure all the TXMTs are set to "SimStandardMaterial" in the "cMaterialDefinition" tab, or you get a whole heap of troubles. If set to "StandardMaterial", meshes usually look super shiny and as if they've turned inside out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 5:21 PM
thanks! it worked perfectly