Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 7:40 PM Last edited by JackTaylor : 22nd Nov 2020 at 8:14 PM.
Default Anyone else collect The Sims 1 boxes?
Context: I had the expansions from Hot Date to Makin' Magic when I was younger, but didn't take good care of the boxes and a lot of the CDs were lent to ''friends'' who never returned them. The only thing I have left from back then are the Makin' Magic CDs, the manual for Hot Date and Vacation, and Double Deluxe (which is in the pic); Double Deluxe is different from the rest because it was the last pack I bought back in 2008. Since it's in a DVD box, it's way easier to preserve it.

Now I decided to collect them because I love their look and think they make for some really cool decoration/conversation starters. I'm surprised I even found some of them, 'cause honestly the material they're made of is not the best

Obviously it's not complete yet but it's a long term thing. I assume the first game will be very hard to find so it'll probably be the last one I get.

bonus: you can see my Kate Bush - Hounds of Love 1985 LP on the right, but it's a bit dark to see it clearly.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 7:43 PM
I've still got the CDs for all the EPs I bought at a thrift shop in 2004. The Double Deluxe I bought at Best Buy way back in 2005. I refuse to sell them since they're nostalgia for me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I've still got the CDs for all the EPs I bought at a thrift shop in 2004. The Double Deluxe I bought at Best Buy way back in 2005. I refuse to sell them since they're nostalgia for me.

Nice. It's interesting to think what years people bought TS1 and its EPs. 2005 was when I started buying EPs, the first one being Hot Date. The Sims 2 was already out, of course, but everybody I knew was still playing TS1 well into 2006/07. I guess it's what happens when you live in a small town located in a country with terrible internet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:13 PM Last edited by simsample : 13th Sep 2021 at 6:05 PM.
I have all of the discs and inserts, but I threw away all of the boxes except for Makin' Magic. I do have The Sims Complete in its original box, though.
Does anyone remember the Sims 2 Preview on the Makin' Magic disc? You can download it here- unzip and run loader.exe.

Edit September 2021: I reuploaded it to SFS, as before unzip and run loader.exe. It still works on my Win 10 installation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have all of the discs and inserts, but I threw away all of the boxes except for Makin' Magic. I do have The Sims Complete in its original box, though.
Does anyone remember the Sims 2 Preview on the Makin' Magic disc? You can download it here- unzip and run loader.exe.

I think it's pretty much impossible to find an original The Sims Complete box here. The Makin' Magic box is my favorite one, it's so cool. Ironically, along with the original game, Makin' Magic is the one I'm having the most trouble finding.

I don't know what other countries were like, but here the later editions of the TS1 EPs straight up came with packaging that featured TS2 sims (pictures are not mine).

Also, thanks for the link! Very interesting.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 11:28 PM
I have the Sims Complete on Mac too- in 2006 I had a Macbook, that was a PowerPC so I think the Sims was an Aspyr port. I have the disc somewhere! My Complete discs for PC were purchased second hand, nice condition too! I've installed it on about four different PCs and laptops that I have, I still love Sims original!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM
An update: I was able to get the brazilian version of The Sims Party Pack. I didn't even know it existed! Now there's something you don't see every day.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 7:45 PM
Hi, it's me again. Did you guys know that there was a pack that included The Sims 1 and The Sims: Livin' Large that wasn't the deluxe edition? According to Wikipedia, it's called The Sims Collector's Edition. While I can't find a page on the english version of The Sims Wiki, it is listed on the brazilian portuguese wiki.

Even though Wikipedia lists it as being an Europe compilation pack, it actually exists (in very scarce numbers) here as well. The box design seems kinda clunky though, with the game logos not being completely contained in their squares. Oh well, here it is in all its glory.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 8:39 PM
An update: my collection is finally complete! I honestly believed that the purple boxed House Party didn't actually exist over here, since it was extremely hard to find. It has been an interesting journey.