Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9126 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Not a stupid Sim thing per say but a stupid launcher thing... first it says "it's recommended to play with just a few packs at a time".

Everyone on a Patch1.69/Origin controlled game potentially sees that message regardless of the strength of their system. The best advice is to ignore it and check the box that says "stop telling me this nonsense" (or whatever it actually says). It's fine to run all packs if your system can handle it. And no, in most cases you cannot load a saved game that has already "seen" one of the Expansions without it present. The Stuff packs shouldn't matter and add no real overhead anyway, but substitutions for items used will be made if they do not load.

Also... for some reason Bridgeport... that came with Late Night if I'm not mistaken, is disabled even if you have Late Night activated. You need additional packs for it to show up. For some reason...
Apparently you need High Loft stuff for it to show up. Odd.

The only requirement for Bridgeport to load is Late Night. Stuff Packs like HELS are never an expansion or game save requirement. Afraid there may be something else going wrong there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9127 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 5:47 PM
I have been away from Sims 3 for several months, so I don't remember how to fix stuff like this. One sim in my active couple is a virtuoso and spent most of the evening practicing guitar for his job. When he went to bed, his husband kept getting the "React to Noisy Sim" action in his queue and could not sleep in the same room. When I turned my sound up, I could still hear the guitar from when he was playing earlier. The radio was not on, and the sound seemed to be only around him.

How do I fix this so he doesn't keep waking up his husband?

its a couple I made in CAS and put into Hidden Springs.
Mad Poster
#9128 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 6:07 PM Last edited by igazor : 28th Feb 2021 at 12:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I have been away from Sims 3 for several months, so I don't remember how to fix stuff like this. One sim in my active couple is a virtuoso and spent most of the evening practicing guitar for his job. When he went to bed, his husband kept getting the "React to Noisy Sim" action in his queue and could not sleep in the same room. When I turned my sound up, I could still hear the guitar from when he was playing earlier. The radio was not on, and the sound seemed to be only around him.

How do I fix this so he doesn't keep waking up his husband?

its a couple I made in CAS and put into Hidden Springs.

If you have NRaas mods in play, do a MasterController reset of the residential lot (from the lot menu).

The other way: Retreat to Edit Town, evict everyone in the household to the side of the map, copy the lot down to the bin, bulldoze the uninhabited one, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen.

Either way should fix the current problem. What's causing it, if it keeps recurring, may be more of a mystery.
Field Researcher
#9129 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Everyone on a Patch1.69/Origin controlled game potentially sees that message regardless of the strength of their system. The best advice is to ignore it and check the box that says "stop telling me this nonsense" (or whatever it actually says). It's fine to run all packs if your system can handle it. And no, in most cases you cannot load a saved game that has already "seen" one of the Expansions without it present. The Stuff packs shouldn't matter and add no real overhead anyway, but substitutions for items used will be made if they do not load.

The only requirement for Bridgeport to load is Late Night. Stuff Packs like HELS are never an expansion or game save requirement. Afraid there may be something else going wrong there.

The game can't even recognize my graphics card. It's a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB card... I would expect it to be able to run the game... I also got a 6 core/12 threads CPU and 16GB of RAM... if that's not enough to runs Sims 3 then oh boy.

You'd think so wouldn't you! But when I try to only load Late Night on a fresh install/no CC, Bridgeport doesn't show up... I have to add HLS. But maybe that's because my base game is the Starter pack which contains base game, Late Night and High-Loft stuff pack?
Scholar
#9130 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 11:11 PM
"But maybe that's because my base game is the Starter pack which contains base game, Late Night and High-Loft stuff pack?"

That will be it, for sure.
Mad Poster
#9131 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 12:55 AM
The game can't even recognize my graphics card. It's a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB card... I would expect it to be able to run the game... I also got a 6 core/12 threads CPU and 16GB of RAM... if that's not enough to runs Sims 3 then oh boy.

The game doesn't formally recognize any graphics cards on its own that were released to market after late 2013 as it went out of development just around then, in Jan 2014 (except for the new 64-bit Mac version which does recognize newer cards on Macs, but that one is a very different story). Not formally recognized doesn't mean the card isn't being used, it means it gets a usually inferior set of default settings in Game Options. Formal recognition can be obtained with some some relatively simple sgr file edits, but in most cases it doesn't really accomplish a lot. Much more important than this is getting the frame rate capped since TS3 has no functional built-in fps limiter and a GTX 1060 will run wild on frame rates if not tended to.
Alchemist
#9132 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 11:29 AM
Has anyone made ani's savvier seller mod work? I installed it and forced sims to visit the lot, but nobody would buy anything. I tried to open up a community lot instead, there was ONE person out of maybe 10 who looked at an item, but nobody bought anything

what does his name even mean?
Field Researcher
#9133 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 5:43 PM
The game doesn't formally recognize any graphics cards on its own that were released to market after late 2013 as it went out of development just around then, in Jan 2014 (except for the new 64-bit Mac version which does recognize newer cards on Macs, but that one is a very different story). Not formally recognized doesn't mean the card isn't being used, it means it gets a usually inferior set of default settings in Game Options. Formal recognition can be obtained with some some relatively simple sgr file edits, but in most cases it doesn't really accomplish a lot. Much more important than this is getting the frame rate capped since TS3 has no functional built-in fps limiter and a GTX 1060 will run wild on frame rates if not tended to.

How do I cap the frames? I didn't know it could be an issue...
Mad Poster
#9134 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 6:43 PM
How do I cap the frames? I didn't know it could be an issue...

Use the Nvidia Control Panel to set up a profile for TS3.exe (for Patch 1.69) or TS3w.exe (with the "w" for 1.67). Arrange for Vertical Sync (On or Adaptive, whichever one works better), Triple Buffering On, and set the max frame rate explicitly to the refresh rate of your monitor or just under it. Most monitors are 60 Hz, so the goal becomes 60 fps or under. Some can run higher (75, 144, etc.).

To see the frame rates you are actually getting in-game, Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). As you play and move the game camera around, the displayed frame rate should never exceed the refresh rate of your monitor, or at least not by very much. To make the display go away, cheats console again and type fps off (enter).

If the Nvidia Control Panel settings are not enough to cap the frame rates, then we move on and add in another tool such as Nvidia Inspector or RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). I use RTSS myself because all of my cards are AMD and not Nvidia to begin with, and AMD's own control panel tools have never done the job for me.
Field Researcher
#9135 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 2:02 AM
Use the Nvidia Control Panel to set up a profile for TS3.exe (for Patch 1.69) or TS3w.exe (with the "w" for 1.67). Arrange for Vertical Sync (On or Adaptive, whichever one works better), Triple Buffering On, and set the max frame rate explicitly to the refresh rate of your monitor or just under it. Most monitors are 60 Hz, so the goal becomes 60 fps or under. Some can run higher (75, 144, etc.).

To see the frame rates you are actually getting in-game, Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). As you play and move the game camera around, the displayed frame rate should never exceed the refresh rate of your monitor, or at least not by very much. To make the display go away, cheats console again and type fps off (enter).

If the Nvidia Control Panel settings are not enough to cap the frame rates, then we move on and add in another tool such as Nvidia Inspector or RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). I use RTSS myself because all of my cards are AMD and not Nvidia to begin with, and AMD's own control panel tools have never done the job for me.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9136 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM
My custom career just spawned 3 new coworkers! Why? The career has a boss and 2 staff - my active sim is one of the staff. The other 2 are townies specifcally created for the part. The career is the Architect career from here and is run as a Zerbu open career (which I absolutely love).

And then I loaded up the game and suddenly 3 extra sims! no thanks.

I'm running Zerbu (obvs) and the full Nraas suite and I loathe the idea of randomly spawned Townies, each of my families were specifically created/chosen. So, please help.

eta: and I have both Immigration and Emmigration disabled via TH > SP > General > Lots

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Test Subject
#9137 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
My custom career just spawned 3 new coworkers!

Are you using the custom Architecture Career by Simmortality found here: https://modthesims.info/d/626941/ar...conversion.html? If so, that career is programmed to have a minimum of 3 coworkers. To change this, you will need to open the mod with S3PE and edit the Architecture Careers XML.

If you need help with how to do this, just post and ask.
Lab Assistant
#9138 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzySoda
Are you using the custom Architecture Career by Simmortality found here: https://modthesims.info/d/626941/ar...conversion.html? If so, that career is programmed to have a minimum of 3 coworkers. To change this, you will need to open the mod with S3PE and edit the Architecture Careers XML.

If you need help with how to do this, just post and ask.
Yes, that's the one (it's great!)
Is that 3 coworkers in addition to my active sim, (plus her townie coworker and the townie boss)? If so then yes, please walk me through editing this . I can't stand the whole random spawning of sims, it messes with my control issues.

At the weekend, I tried to customise a mod for the first time in over 4 years - I failed miserably , but I least I didn't break my game

Test Subject
#9139 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 6:51 PM Last edited by FizzySoda : 16th Mar 2021 at 7:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
please walk me through editing this . I can't stand the whole random spawning of sims, it messes with my control issues.

1. Download and install S3PE and then Open the package file (Architecture Career by Simmortality.package)
2. Right Click on Architecture Careers XML and then select Notepad
3. Look for this code:

<MinCoworkers>3</MinCoworkers>
<MaxCoworkers>5</MaxCoworkers>

There will be 2 instances of this code and you will need to edit Both of them.

Coworkers are Sims in addition to your Sim. Therefore, if you want this career to only have 1 boss and 2 staff (one of which is your Sim) then you will want the MaxCoworkers to be 2. Replace the above code with this:

<MinCoworkers>0</MinCoworkers>
<MaxCoworkers>2</MaxCoworkers>

Be sure to replace Both instances of the code.

4. Click File > Save, and close Notepad.
5. You will see a box that says, “Resource has been updated. Commit changes?” Click Yes.
6. You should save the new package with a new name so that you know it’s been edited. Click File > Save As and name it something like Architecture_Career_Simmortality_Edited.package The game seems to read files better when there are no spaces in the package name.
7. Put the package in your Mods folder as usual and be sure to delete your Cache Files (especially scriptCache.package) before starting the game.

Have fun
Lab Assistant
#9140 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 9:45 PM
You star! Much thanks.

(Please ignore the cursing and expletives coming from my direction as I try my hand this, again)

Test Subject
#9141 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 5:09 AM
Default San Francisco styled world
Hi so I am building a San Francisco styled world and I'm missing a few key objects that could really bring the city to life and give it the charm it needs. Does anyone know of or have a Toll Booth like these images? Doesn't have to be active or a working object obviously just for decoration. I've attempted to make a mesh from a 3D model I found online but no luck. Anything similar will do as I have already wasted two full days on this single item

I am also seeking to find a skyline to have in the distance. So any city distant terrain that anyone knows about? I already have "Nukael_CityTerrain_Distant02.rar" but I am looking for something similar to the picture I uploaded so more crowded city vibe. I have found this image but cant seem to find the download link.

I'm also looking for a trolley car or track for them! Really in need of the San Fran transportation.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Test Subject
#9142 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kourterbug37
Hi so I am building a San Francisco styled world and I'm missing a few key objects that could really bring the city to life and give it the charm it needs. Does anyone know of or have a Toll Booth like these images?

Cyclonesue has a barrier set that might work.

Here's the link at TSR: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...cor/id/1167524/
Instructor
#9143 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 6:10 AM
Sooo I want to make Cronor a home world with future traits a la this thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=643041 But I have a couple questions about how this was done
What it seems I need to do to make a custom future is:

rename the Cronor.world to Oasis Landing.world
open in S3PE import the future world resource
save and replace the original future world file with the new custom one

So if I want a future homeworld like the thread do I still need to swap out the original Oasis Landing with the custom one? The thread mentions editing the future resource file from an 06 to an 02 to mark it as a city but... I'm not sure how to edit the resource? I get to the part where I import it but S3PE won't let me see any details about the resource or edit it at all. How do I edit this future resource file? I feel so silly lol
Instructor
#9145 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Eronel : 23rd Mar 2021 at 2:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I've never done this before, but from what I just read, the only purpose of renaming it to Oasis Landing is to replace it for future world travel. Since you are using it as a homeworld, you do not need to do this.

1) Open S3PE.
2) Open your modified cronos world with the imported files
3) sort by "type" and look for 0x296A6258, it will be UNKN tag.

Now you can either export this and edit with a hex editor or link your hex editor with S3PE and open it through S3PE.

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Woo thanks so much! I’ll try this tonight after I get off work and report my findings

EDIT: Pleased to report it worked like a charm! Super easy and Cronor now has plumbots and futuristic fashion
Mad Poster
#9146 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:53 AM
Quick question- is it possible to run a bed-and-breakfast type of resort?

What sort of technical and stylistic limitations might there be?
Mad Poster
#9148 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What specific details are you referring to about b&b?

https://modthesims.info/d/617563/oc...-breakfast.html

I.e. stuff like running some of the functions by your own sims, instead of hiring others, the necessity of a resort tower for housing sims (wonder if it's possible to make sims not check into the tower but just the rooms), etc.

Interesting post I found:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...d-and-breakfast
Field Researcher
#9150 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
Yeah, you can fertilize the plants with anything but it's best to use other vegetables and fish with high quality. Just don't do like I did and plant too many crops because until there is a hack to make gardening time faster, your sim could end up spending most of their entire time tending their garden.

The gardening spells mod is great for this, I also made sim bots with gardening chips who's job it was to just sit and tend my garden for my alchemy household.
Page 366 of 385