Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11901 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 11:54 PM
What I discover: that If you clear your Sims of literally any gameplay objects in the world, all of them will be assigned to "gain" a skill point in alchemy and bot making. At least with the expansions that I have so far have installed (minus WA, AMB, LN, G, P, S, IP). Actually no, correction: they join bot arena career not gain a skill, which is strange has I haven't any rabbit hole (mind you, ALL OF THEM ARE ERASED OF THE PLANET) relating to the career

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11902 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 3:51 PM Last edited by peno : 27th Jul 2020 at 4:03 PM.
Today, I discovered opportunity I can't finish due to the well known combined rabbithole bug. It's a celebrity "eat at restaurant" opportunity and sadly, my Sims can't finish it. I play in slightly changed Moonlight Falls and I don't want to destroy its look by placing separate rabbitholes and to be honest, I don't even have space for all of them, since I used all of the empty lots in town and even placed some of my own, so, free space is scarce. I also don't like the idea of using rabbithole rugs, though as a last resort, I can try them, but prefer the use of the combined rabbitholes that at least looks like real buildings. I don't like the idea of my Sims diseppearing to some rug. Did no one really find solution to this bug yet? Any mod to solve it or anything? It's so prevalent that I would've expected someone will finally solve it by other means then replacing combined rabbitholes with single-purpose ones.

Edit: Interestingly, both of my Sim's kids got an opportunity to participante in eating contest the moment they entered the restaurant/office building lot and both were able to both participate and successfully finish it. Yet, the father, who had the celebrity opportunity, couldn't finish it
Mad Poster
#11903 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Today, I discovered opportunity I can't finish due to the well known combined rabbithole bug. It's a celebrity "eat at restaurant" opportunity and sadly, my Sims can't finish it. I play in slightly changed Moonlight Falls and I don't want to destroy its look by placing separate rabbitholes and to be honest, I don't even have space for all of them, since I used all of the empty lots in town and even placed some of my own, so, free space is scarce. I also don't like the idea of using rabbithole rugs, though as a last resort, I can try them, but prefer the use of the combined rabbitholes that at least looks like real buildings. I don't like the idea of my Sims disappearing to some rug. Did no one really find solution to this bug yet? Any mod to solve it or anything? It's so prevalent that I would've expected someone will finally solve it by other means then replacing combined rabbitholes with single-purpose ones.

Edit: Interestingly, both of my Sim's kids got an opportunity to participate in eating contest the moment they entered the restaurant/office building lot and both were able to both participate and successfully finish it. Yet, the father, who had the celebrity opportunity, couldn't finish it

Is NRaas Overwatch in play? It is supposed to fix most of the issues with the combo rabbitholes as of a few versions ago. As I recall, icarus was the one who worked on this but he didn't have nor want the Supernatural EP so it is possible that not all of the combo lots in Moonlight Falls were covered by the fixes he supplied and he would not have had a way to test the world himself. Or it's also possible that this isn't really a world specific issue and only some of the opps involving restaurant combos now work correctly.
Lab Assistant
#11904 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 9:28 PM Last edited by peno : 27th Jul 2020 at 11:08 PM.
Yes, I do have Overwatch, but, admittedly, I did not update it for at least a year, maybe even longer. I'll update it and see if that helped.

OK, so, I've found out that the stable version of Overwatch on your site is actually the same version I am already using. So, I went on and downloaded the testing version instead. At first, it did not seem to help, but after I cancelled the opportunity and re-initiated it through Debug Enabler, in a hope it will go to different place, it actually went on the very same building, so I expected the same result. You can imagine my surprise when I saw that the "Eat here" option is yellow. So, I was able to successfully finish this opportunity this time around. I am not sure if it was the testing version that did the trick, or if the first opportunity was simply botched or what went wrong that first time, but I am happy it went right this time around.
Alchemist
#11905 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What I discover: that If you clear your Sims of literally any gameplay objects in the world, all of them will be assigned to "gain" a skill point in alchemy and bot making. At least with the expansions that I have so far have installed (minus WA, AMB, LN, G, P, S, IP). Actually no, correction: they join bot arena career not gain a skill, which is strange has I haven't any rabbit hole (mind you, ALL OF THEM ARE ERASED OF THE PLANET) relating to the career

What does "clear Sims of object in the world" mean?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#11906 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Yes, I do have Overwatch, but, admittedly, I did not update it for at least a year, maybe even longer. I'll update it and see if that helped.

OK, so, I've found out that the stable version of Overwatch on your site is actually the same version I am already using. So, I went on and downloaded the testing version instead. At first, it did not seem to help, but after I cancelled the opportunity and re-initiated it through Debug Enabler, in a hope it will go to different place, it actually went on the very same building, so I expected the same result. You can imagine my surprise when I saw that the "Eat here" option is yellow. So, I was able to successfully finish this opportunity this time around. I am not sure if it was the testing version that did the trick, or if the first opportunity was simply botched or what went wrong that first time, but I am happy it went right this time around.

The version of OW that contained the fix was v122, the currently stable one, and it was fully released four years ago. But I do see that Chain added some code to v123, the one still in beta testing, that concerns the combo lots. What he did there was a bit over my head, but glad to hear that it seems to have solved the problem.
Lab Assistant
#11907 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:34 AM
Today I've found out that the Food Synthesizer from ITF can catch fire. I honestly don't even know how that happened. All my Sims were sleeping, but I had a guest overnight, a friend who stayed after a party that day. Obviously, that guy, instead of going to sleep, decided he's hungry and most likely took some food from the Food Synthesizer. All that is my speculation, because I did not watch him. All I know is that there suddenly was fire alarm that woke all my Sims, sadly including one still very sleepy toddler, who immediately started to cry his lungs off for being so rudely awakened, but I digress here. Anyway, when I searched where the fire is, I've found the Food Synthesizer burning and that Sim stood right next to it. That guy didn't hesitate and extinguished the fire. I've got §9 in insurance and once again §500 fine from a firefighter who was too slow to come. That stupid bug cost me money again and this time because of a Sim that's not even part of my family. Wish someone found solution to it.
Mad Poster
#11908 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 4:46 PM
Divas are good in families for playing story of a toxic parent: they heckle you, make stupid accusations and overall make all the members feel like shit living there.

Scholar
#11909 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 10:20 AM
Unacceptable

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#11910 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 8:27 AM
Been playing this game for about 11 years and this is the first time I've seen this prompt.
Before I always got the one about receiving the wrong meal.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Instructor
#11911 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Been playing this game for about 11 years and this is the first time I've seen this prompt.
Before I always got the one about receiving the wrong meal.

I've never seen it either, what did it do?
Scholar
#11912 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 2:10 PM
I chose to "Keep Quiet" and . ...

Top Secret Researcher
#11913 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 9:48 PM
It's about the lighting in Build/Buy mode. You know the day/night selector? I always wondered what time of day the "day" setting would give. You might guess noon, eh? Well, that turns out to be correct. I verified this by placing tall spruce trees so their shadows lined up in Buy mode, and then watching them in Live mode until the shadows lined up the same way: 12:00 pm. (Sims do not have a lot of precision scientific instruments, but some discoveries are possible with what we do have.)
Field Researcher
#11914 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 10:33 PM
TIL reputations in foreign locations (well, at least University) don't follow you home. I had one sim get a Don Juan reputation at University. He went home, got a girlfriend, no "Incredible time" woohoo moodlet. They went back to university together and suddenly she was getting the moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#11915 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 12:51 PM Last edited by Smyrrna : 3rd Sep 2020 at 2:10 PM.
I saw a new moodlet today: Proud Parent. It appeared on aging up of the toddler and I'm quite confused now. I always raise my babies perfectly with all skills trained and often all books read and yet this is the first time my sims are feeling proud of the outcome

I'm wondering why...

And the second thing is that I realized only today that the liquid in the baby bottle is... green?!? So for my current alien babies this fits quite well... but for normal sim babies... is this... ok?

Edit: Oh, I see there are already a lot of default replacements for that. So I was just very late to realize that
Mad Poster
#11916 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 7:26 AM
You can hide stairs and there is a "use stairs" interaction. I never knew these.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#11917 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 4:12 PM
Oh, so even floating prices show up in mirror reflections? Okay then.

Screenshots
Instructor
#11918 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 5:10 PM
I frequently read the Sims Newspaper since the dawn of TS3, but this was a once-and-only occasion I saw this article. I've never seen it since.

Screenshots
Scholar
#11919 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 3:16 AM
EA's idea of evil is in direct opposition to my idea of evil.
Undermining the Poor would have made sense....
Donating to Undermine the Rich feels entirely to good to be evil.

Lab Assistant
#11920 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 9:35 PM
But it actually does make sense to me, when you think about it. Real evil Sim will want to be the richest in the world, so, undermining the other riches may be one way to achieve that goal
Mad Poster
#11921 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 11:31 PM
A teen can get rounded up by a cop (curfew thing) if they're staying at someone's house

Scholar
#11922 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 3:38 AM
That if you put leftovers away in a neighbour's fridge, rather than leave them to stink up the place, it is considered 'inappropriate' behaviour. Ooh yeah, because sims just love the smell of rotting mac and cheese in the morning, don't they?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#11923 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 7:16 AM
It isn't rotting it is aged, like a fine wine. :p
Field Researcher
#11924 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 4:22 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 20th Sep 2020 at 9:39 PM.
It seems as if my Achilles heel is not knowing which objects connect. For example, I just learned after all these years that the funky-shaped black love seats (aka "The Data Lounger") from Late Night connected and that you can connect bridges in Create a World.
Lab Assistant
#11925 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:39 PM
My sim was out fishing and caught some jelly fish and this seems to trigger the wish to make some jelly sandwiches I don't think this was a coincidence, because it is such a nice joke. I took me a while though to get it because my game is not in english and in my language the fish and the meal don't share the same word :P
Page 477 of 490