Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 2:26 PM
Returning Player who needs a CC refresher
I have been out of The Sims loop for a while but being without a job right now I figured I'd jump back in. I have 2 main questions I need answered to make my jump back into the game and CC easier.

1. Is there an easy way to tell, other than the mod release date, if the mod is up to date - e.g. if I've never seen the mod and want to try it but don't know if it will work.

2. I cannot remember the name of the mod that everyone uses to control different aspects of the game, including behind the scenes cleanup of files and stuff - I think it used to be called MasterController but I know it's called something else now. This question should not be considered a "Where Can I Find" as I am only asking for the name of the mod.

Oh, sorry, one more thing, please bare in mind that I don't have all of the packs - I can't afford them all right now - is there a current mod manager that works on Mac, the one I found is Windows only. Does one of them tell you what packs you need to make the mod work?

Thank you
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:19 PM
1. Before downloading mod read the description where this mod was uploaded if it's working with latest game version / when was update. If mod was uploaded few years ago and there's no info about updates, then it most likely won't work.
2. MC Command Center (MCCC).
3. Usually creators of mods and custom content leave info in description if their upload is base game compatible (bgc) or if it requires any pack.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:29 PM
1. It depends on where you're downloading it from, but most creators will have a line saying "compatible with game version ___" if it fits with the current game version it's good to go, otherwise it's a bit risky.
in addition you should always check dates, the activity level of the creator and the most recent comments.

2. MCCC - https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

3. avoid using mod managers, they're not trustworthy and mostly cause issues.
creators indeed specify it when their mod requires a certain pack to work, so just read the mod description before you download.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:19 PM
Thank you both for your help, I found MCCC and installed it correctly.