Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 7:41 PM
Default is this even possible?
So, I've been playing Sims 3 more recently as I greatly prefer the gameplay than what Sims 4 has, especially since I feel like Sims 3 has more traits or skills that I can translate into a Sims version of myself. However, I greatly prefer the aesthetics of Sims 4, so I got to thinking: is it possible to convert skills, animations, etc. from Sims 3 to Sims 4?

More specifically, I was thinking about martial arts––it's probably one of my favorite skills from Sims 3 just because it's something I've practiced in the real world, haha. Granted, I'm not a modder by any means...the most I've ever done was edit the look of a hoodie, so chances are this project will come after I've done other beginner-friendly mods.

But yeah, is converting stuff like skills, animations, and whatnot from Sims 3 to Sims 4 possible? I know converting objects and clothing can be done, so I'm very curious.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 3:13 AM
The only thing you can convert is animations and they won't come out correctly for a variety of reasons without tools/knowledge. Everything else has to be made from scratch, including the files controlling animations, which if you've never touched those files is going to be overwhelming. But martial arts and pretty much every other skill/activity from TS3 is on my to-do list already, just need to work my way through them. Right now I have several WIP, including sewing from TS2, but I do want to do martial arts soon, especially with Snowy Escape adding a perfect world for it. Won't be for a bit though.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 5:14 AM
Thank you for letting me know! In that case, I'll stick to the editing hoodies shtick, haha.

And ooo I'm definitely interested in all of those mods! Will you be releasing them once made?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joxters
Thank you for letting me know! In that case, I'll stick to the editing hoodies shtick, haha.

And ooo I'm definitely interested in all of those mods! Will you be releasing them once made?

Yup! Just need to get to that point. Won't be on here though because there's too many re-uploading sites stealing from MTS. I may upload some of the simpler conversions on here, those I'm usually fine with, but it's just frustrating when it's the bigger mods that take you months to do.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon