Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 6:30 PM
Default Twallan update the mods
today i visit his wep page and i see that mods are update to 1.66
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 6:44 PM
I think some other modders have updated them to test versions. That's what I saw on Tumblr, anyway.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 7:07 PM
efolger997 is correct: there are test versions. That being said, I have tested them with the new patch and have had zero problemos.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 9:02 PM
anyway we have them for 1.66
is not important who update them
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:07 PM
Maybe it's just me but that came across as incredibly rude.
It *is* important who updated them, because they're taking time out of their lives to go through thousands of lines of code (that may be unfamiliar to them) so that Twallan's mod don't become obsolete.
So yeah, hats off to those who have decided to continue work on the mods.
I mean, maybe it's not important to you as to whom updates or even releases mods, but many of us in this community are grateful for those who do choose to put out mods (complete with updates - which at times can be extremely hard to do, due to the change in code) and fixes (to fix those things EA broke while "fixing" others) that enable us to play the game not as EA intended but how we want to play our game.

P.S - I say "but" way too often.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
It *is* important who updated them, because they're taking time out of their lives to go through thousands of lines of code (that may be unfamiliar to them) so that Twallan's mod don't become obsolete.
I mean, maybe it's not important to you as to whom updates or even releases mods, but many of us in this community are grateful for those who do choose to put out mods (complete with updates - which at times can be extremely hard to do, due to the change in code) and fixes (to fix those things EA broke while "fixing" others) that enable us to play the game not as EA intended but how we want to play our game.

Amen. AMEN!
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:02 PM
I know right? I really should cut down on the word "but" - people might get the wrong idea.
Just kidding - I'll never give up the but.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alek30
anyway we have them for 1.66
is not important who update them

Considering that the title of your post is "TWALLAN update the mods," apparently you thought it was important!

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 12:07 AM
Calm down, everybody. I'm pretty sure that this is a language issue and the thread title should read as "twallan updated the mods". It's an announcement not a request.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 8:07 PM
Anyone else notice that the Celebrity Points option under Intermediate for the Master Controller with Cheats is missing?
Site Helper
#11 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 2:50 AM
I don't have Late Night, so I -can't- notice it. But if you noticed it, report it over there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:35 PM
I did, no one has posted anything back to me over there. Thanks though.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
Anyone else notice that the Celebrity Points option under Intermediate for the Master Controller with Cheats is missing?

Hi mermaidofthenile ... I looked for your post but did not see it. If you have not received a responses within a day go ahead and bump it up. I am running my game on Patch 1.67 Superpatch and I checked in game and the Celebrity Points option is there. I do not know if the patch level makes a difference here but are your mods updated to whichever patch you are using. MC had some updates with the 1.66 patch.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:02 PM Last edited by mermaidofthenile : 26th Jan 2014 at 6:24 PM.
Hi barbarat, thanks. It is under the issues discussion. I have everything updated that's whats so weird about it was there a while ago and poof, missing. I'm gonna try the delete caches thing, delete mod and reinstall mod to see if that works. Thanks again for your advice.

Update: didnt work. still not there. hrmm...
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
I think some other modders have updated them to test versions. That's what I saw on Tumblr, anyway.

I know this has been posted elsewhere here at MTS but if you are interested, all activities since Twallan's retirement are documented here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day and mod updates and the modders who have made the updates possible are here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History. There are still a few mods in the Testing area.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mermaidofthenile
Hi barbarat, thanks. It is under the issues discussion. I have everything updated that's whats so weird about it was there a while ago and poof, missing. I'm gonna try the delete caches thing, delete mod and reinstall mod to see if that works. Thanks again for your advice.

Ah, I see it over there now. I was looking in MC DT and in the Chatterbox which is where most of these type of questions get asked. Let me know how you make out with the caches and reinstalling the mod. We have been working on huge clean up and information gathering efforts as well as modders checking mods against new patches so your initial question in DT might have just been overlooked. I'm sure someone will address it soon
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Ah, I see it over there now. I was looking in MC DT and in the Chatterbox which is where most of these type of questions get asked. Let me know how you make out with the caches and reinstalling the mod. We have been working on huge clean up and information gathering efforts as well as modders checking mods against new patches so your initial question in DT might have just been overlooked. I'm sure someone will address it soon

Thanks. It didnt work for some reason it still isnt there. Very odd... I have even tried turning on and off EA's story progression with the Celebrities check marked and uncheck marked along with the opt household out of points system as well. A bunch of combinations and still nothing.. *shrugs* its a mystery. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 1:02 PM
Aw, mermaidofthenile. I have a suggestion: why don't you put a post in the regular Chatterbox, NOT duplicating the same question, rather indicating you posted your question in the Discussion Topics Issues for MC Cheats a couple of days ago and would appreciate it if someone could take a look for you.
#19 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 1:25 PM
I don't have that Immediate option to assign celebrity points either whenever I have celebrities disabled and opt my current household out of the celebrity system - all settings that can be found in the general game options. It seems that MC takes this into account. Have you checked your game options for something like that?
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:31 PM
did they update to 1.67??
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 10:32 PM Last edited by barbarat : 27th Jan 2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Answering Actual Question
Quote: Originally posted by Aky30
did they update to 1.67??

Most are compatible with 1.67. Only a couple of the NRaas mods required updating and they are now in testing. For more information check these links at NRaas: Mods in Testing: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing Mod updates released: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History and News Of The Day for more detail: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I don't have that Immediate option to assign celebrity points either whenever I have celebrities disabled and opt my current household out of the celebrity system - all settings that can be found in the general game options. It seems that MC takes this into account. Have you checked your game options for something like that?

Hi babele44.. that is odd. I have celebrities and everything that goes with it disabled and still have the option visible. I really have no idea what might have caused the problem. Not sure if this makes a difference but my last EP is IP and I'm running on 1.67. Do not know if ITF or patches factor in so at this point I am useless lol. Post it over at NRaas in the Chatterbox.
#23 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 11:39 PM
Hi babele44.. that is odd. I have celebrities and everything that goes with it disabled and still have the option visible. I really have no idea what might have caused the problem. Not sure if this makes a difference but my last EP is IP and I'm running on 1.67. Do not know if ITF or patches factor in so at this point I am useless lol. Post it over at NRaas in the Chatterbox.

My last EP is IP and patch level is 1.66. And I just checked: when "Opt Active Household out of Celebrity System" is unchecked in the general 'Advanced Demographics Options' the options in MC to give celebrity points and set celebrity level are there. Once I check this opt out, these options are gone, for both my active and inactive Sims. I thought that this was intended. If not then this has been an issue since at least Seasons, because that's when I noticed it when I wanted to decelebrify a family and couldn't unless I opted my Sims into the celebrity system temporarily.
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject

Entirely agree with you! I would also like to say that I only just found out about him retiring from Simming a few days ago... It wrecked my whole entire day. I'm glad I don't have to update until I get a new EP (which won't be awhile due to personal life RAM issues) simply because I don't think I have EVER downloaded a major mod that wasn't his. I'm sure the people updating them are doing an amazing job, but it's that first plunge into new waters that scares me. (Love it... not afraid to go off to college next year. Terrified to update my Sims games and use new people's updates to the mods.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:51 PM
Default thanks
Most are compatible with 1.67. Only a couple of the NRaas mods required updating and they are now in testing. For more information check these links at NRaas: Mods in Testing: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing Mod updates released: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History and News Of The Day for more detail: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day

thanks a lot
only error trap and UntranslatedKey
are not updated
Page 1 of 2