Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:10 PM
Default Is Monte Vista worth getting?
The Monte Vista world is currently on sale for $10.00 in the Sims 3 Store. Have you played it, and is it worth getting? I usually play in Pleasentview or Moonlight Falls, but I'm getting kind of tired of them. At the same time, I don't want to drop $10.00 on something I'll play once.

Sorry if this posted in the wrong place! I checked, but didn't see any other threads that seemed like an appropriate place to ask.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:50 PM
For $10, it's not bad. I use the heck out of the pizza oven and the table and chair set that comes with it, but I do like the world too.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:57 PM
It is a pretty unique world, with a Monteriggioni-like fortress and a small citadel inside. I especially like the houses. The rabbit holes are also very beautiful and makes for great scenery. It's actually one of my favorite worlds.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:32 PM
Yes, it's one of the best worlds there is, not the best, but beats at least half of the others.
Pizza oven is probably the best PC there is and almost all sims living in MV is attractive.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:28 PM
i can say that is very good world i like the theme of the world and the premium content is very great i like it so much
and the houses are very unique and cool and also objects are great
i can say that it worth $10
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 7:10 PM
Those sneaky bastards over at the store! Just be careful if you decide to buy. I was just getting this, and when I clicked the gold-colored button on the Monte Vista page to get the bundle, it automatically loaded the full-price $20 version into my cart. I had to click the blue "Change Bundle" button at the bottom of the "Payment & Verify" screen to select the deal. Watch out for that.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 7:32 PM
I've never been able to get a game going there myself, it feels like Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso to me - more like a vacation world than a world I'd actually base my sims in fulltime. Just something to keep in mind. But with Twallan's traveler mod I get good use out of it and I don't regret getting it now.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 10:50 PM
Everyone seems to wear sunglasses.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 11:25 PM
It's quite pretty, but the architecture is unique. Trying to add in additional lots, community or residential, is not that easy if you don't enjoy building lots of stuff in that style. There are a few pre-made lots around that can work, but not as many as for other worlds. Still, for $10, I'd say it's worth it. And yes, everyone seems to wear sunglasses.
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:42 AM
It's a really beautiful town; I recommend it
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:48 AM
Monte Vista is completely worth it for the oven (so make sure you get that version) as for the town...
Well, I have a love/hate relationship with MV. I was planning to use it as a travel destination. The wold is so beautiful but there is something about it that makes it unplayable. There is very little space to add new lots and too much traveling between lots. The town center is pretty but full of RH. I basically didn't use it after this one travel.

I still would like to make it to a travel destination but only after demolishing the town center inside the wall and re-building it RH free and full of fun stuff for sims to do. Because currently, there isn't much for sims to do there and barely any space to add new lots.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#12 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
too much traveling between lots. .
This, this, this. If you play in the town, expect a LOT of commuting time, which can make it difficult to make it to work on time, or even just to go to the bookstore. But the RH's are very nicely done, along with the lots, so I actually plopped them into a custom town. Seems to work nicely.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:31 PM
I bought a DVD at GameStop, Worlds Bundle, has Monte Vista and Hidden Springs. $20 for the both of them. And I found out you STILL need Internet access (which I now have) even if you have the disc, in order to download them. *rolls eyes*

I like the world just fine. But most of all I like the wood fire oven. Your Sim can make pizza, lasagna, and other Italian food (or what's considered Italian) with that oven. Gives your Sims more variety. And the higher your Sim's cooking skill, the more goodies your Sim can make with the oven.

Overall I like it.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Instructor
#14 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 1:37 PM
Pros: - good-looking townies (more or less); pizza restaurant, nice buildings, lots of rural lots to garden or place for nectary; the Monty family (if you liked them in Sims 2 Veronaville); very nice world-building elements and Buy stuff if you like European country.

Cons: - long commuting time; lack of buildings from other EPs (like, you have to place your own consignment store, salon, LN clubs etc.); and the sun sets very early, around 5 PM, even in Summer, which is weird in Italy. This last disadvantage is the most annoying thing for me in MV.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 9:15 PM
The world itself really doesn't work for me. However, like other EA worlds that do not work for me, I can take elements from Monte Vista (especially the rabbitholes) and use them in other worlds to alter a town's aesthetic, which gives towns that I use frequently a fresh look.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?