Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:01 PM
Default Venues? Open for Business?
I gotta miss the old days in TS2 Open for Business. It was the most anticipated EP for me, in TS2. Granted, it was not really that great, and required too much micro management. But regardless it enabled players to open shops (and decide exactly what go on the shelves) and restaurants.

Now back to TS3, what exactly do we have in term of venues?

- Rabbitholes: restaurants, spas, bookstore, etc...
- Late Night's Bars and clubs: bartenders, bouncers.
- Ambition: Consignment Store (I forgot exactly what it offers beside a cash register/seller), Daycare center, laundromat, fire station, anything else?
- Supernatural: Something? (I didn't get this pack)
- Seasons: Foot stands
- Island Paradise: Resort with Clerk, waiter.
- Store: Business as Usual : Ability to run restaurants like TS2 Open of Business
- Store: Something cash register in Midnight Hollow's map?

Anything else I missed? I am about to buy Business As Usual, and wondering if I should buy something else too. I really want to get into the business/venue interaction aspect of the game.

I also have to include:
- Produce stand from MTS here. Didn't try it yet, but it's neat.
- Resort rugs from MTS: can run your mini resort.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:46 PM
Zerbu's career mod
Ani's restaurant mod
Ani's shop mod

Those three are essential

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Site Helper
#3 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:32 PM
Supernatural added the Elixir store. Which is a Consignment store that lets you sell potions, gems, and bugs along with the usual limited stock. Twallan's Consigner kind of eliminates the need for it if you don't have Supernatural.

There are also WA Book registers, food registers, relic registers, and Nectar registers.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:56 PM
The Monte Vista Street Market includes the Lucy Van Pelt psychotherapy lemonade stand.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
The Monte Vista Street Market includes the Lucy Van Pelt psychotherapy lemonade stand.

I can't find anything about it, not even on EA store (they only talked about the pizza oven).

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Zerbu's career mod
Ani's restaurant mod
Ani's shop mod

Those three are essential

Will Zerbu's career mod conflict with Trallan's Career mod?
Ani's restaurant shop is only a fix for the Business as Usual Bistro
Ani's shop, a bit skeptical, but I will eventually try it out

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Supernatural added the Elixir store. Which is a Consignment store that lets you sell potions, gems, and bugs along with the usual limited stock. Twallan's Consigner kind of eliminates the need for it if you don't have Supernatural.

There are also WA Book registers, food registers, relic registers, and Nectar registers.

Ah yes, those registers. I used to have WA, but since I switched to Steam (dumb reason maybe, but I can't seem to hold onto the DVDs easily after moving and stuff) I don't want to pay full prize for WA again. Christmas I bought my entire Sims 3 (the EP I wanted) for $80 ... don't feel like spending $100 all at once on it, even WA was $12.

Tell me again about how those registers work? You just buy directly from them where talking to them will bring up a dialogue with things to sell, right? No managing the inventory I presume.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 9:13 PM
Because it's not from Monte Vista, but the Market venue. It comes with both a Lemondade Stand and a Food Cart.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...:59084&section=

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 10:11 PM
Would the sauna and massage table count toward something business like? As in you can put into your business lot and hire someone to man the table like bars, foodstand, etc...?

One other reason I try to avoid custom content stuff is mainly because of how EA works with TS3. I have mods from ani_ and I really like them, but because TS3 keeps updating, and eventually modders will retire. Look at all great content way back in 2009 get outdated? So I will try to exhaust from EA content before I dabble into custom content at this magnitude. I guess the exception for me is NRAAS mods because without them I wouldn't be willing to play TS3.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 11:20 PM
I miss the refrigerated, counter thing you could put fish and vegetables/fruits in to sell and the beauty chair from S2 Open for Business. I loved making little Ma and Pop stores in peoples yards, you know Home Businesses. Wish they'd bring that back. I mean there are the Careers like the Childcare that run out of their house but its not the same. :/
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Would the sauna and massage table count toward something business like? As in you can put into your business lot and hire someone to man the table like bars, foodstand, etc...?

One other reason I try to avoid custom content stuff is mainly because of how EA works with TS3. I have mods from ani_ and I really like them, but because TS3 keeps updating, and eventually modders will retire. Look at all great content way back in 2009 get outdated? So I will try to exhaust from EA content before I dabble into custom content at this magnitude. I guess the exception for me is NRAAS mods because without them I wouldn't be willing to play TS3.

No, you can't make money, or hire masseuses for the massage table or companions for the sauna, although it's a good idea.

As to the problem of mods going out of date, well, one, it doesn't seem like there are all that many more patches coming to worry about, and two, even if a mod goes obsolete down the road, at least you would have enjoyed some game play time with it before you finally went for the next patch. For example, I loved Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod. Unfortunately, it was not updated, but I enjoyed it for a long time while it still worked. By your logic, I would have missed out on that enjoyment because I was afraid that sometime down the road, I'd have to stop playing with it.
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922

sorta ...with the massage table i do know that if its on a community lot (i use mine in the salon venue from ambitions)....your sim does get charged for a massage...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
sorta ...with the massage table i do know that if its on a community lot (i use mine in the salon venue from ambitions)....your sim does get charged for a massage...

Get charged? I gotta try it out. But who will do the actual massage? Which lot did you put it in?

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
No, you can't make money, or hire masseuses for the massage table or companions for the sauna, although it's a good idea.

As to the problem of mods going out of date, well, one, it doesn't seem like there are all that many more patches coming to worry about, and two, even if a mod goes obsolete down the road, at least you would have enjoyed some game play time with it before you finally went for the next patch. For example, I loved Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod. Unfortunately, it was not updated, but I enjoyed it for a long time while it still worked. By your logic, I would have missed out on that enjoyment because I was afraid that sometime down the road, I'd have to stop playing with it.

Yes that is what I am hoping for, not many updates heading our ways. The game is pretty much broken anyway (and all thanks to people behind NRAAS and Awesomemod to keep the glitches at bay). And I do agree with you about enjoyment part. Well, when I quit TS3 2 years ago (mostly because HDD died, too heart broken to start everything anew), I started Skyrim. It is a great game (by itself, and also for modding). Open world: go anywhere you like. Build house almost anywhere you like. Even mod a whole new town/castle/quest objectives into the game. The thing about that game teaches me that ONCE a mod sets in your save, it does it damage permanently. No matter how safe I played, one of my save is corrupted to a point I would just get a crash whenever crossing a particular area. I literately had to use all mods/cheats to accelerate through all the game quests/stories/developments from first save (free of mods, just sliders CC installed) to get back to my comfort point (after spending 10 hours figuring out which mod is the offender). And Skyrim has some really great mods such as an entire custom continent (basically an entire EP made by modder) ... but I am only able to mess around without a having a serious save.

With TS3, save games are much bigger, and ... no way I can rebuild a save (basically a world) from scratch every time a mod decides to quit playing. Skyrim has 1 character (and companions), TS3 has ... literately 100 characters (as many households as you care about). Imagine rebuilding them from scratch. Even forcing skills, job levels, marriage, babies, it would take days. If you go through about 2 of these "rebuilds" you probably lose the will to play. The nature with modding is ... you don't always know if a mod is corrupting your game until it is too late. It happened so much to me back in early days of TS3.

After 2 weeks of returning to TS3, I already made 50 saves. Thus I am avoiding script mods as much as I can. I even minimize on object mods (like clothing, and avoiding hair mods like plague now). Having things like Delphy's Dashboard helps, but it's not 100% either. The only 2 script mod source I trust is from NRAAS (or Awesomemod if NRAAS has problem) and CmarNYC's XCAS. Because without them I refuse to play TS3 (the game is that broken).